“The Mint bar”

Ranked #11 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“The Mint bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

On a lovely day out in Dublin, my sister and me, stopped here for a cocktail, we were given a gin based cocktail in a china teacup and saucer, the staff were fantastic, lovely bar and very clean, we will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Fiona C,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments on your visit to The Mint Bar. I'm delighted to hear that you and your sister enjoyed your cocktails & I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Fred Smits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have been to Dublin before and cannot recommend this hotel enough.
I went for a weekend break with my girlfriend for valentines and have had a brilliant stay.
The staff are very friendly and attentive and the hotel and rooms are beautiful.
Everything was in walking distance from the hotel yet far enough away from Temple Bar so as not to get disturbed.
If you are looking for something classy in an excellent location with friendly staff you cannot go wrong by booking a stay at the Westin Dublin.
I would also like to thank Kristina M. for being so helpful with my reservation.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear mattj8,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback following your stay with us, we greatly appreciate it.

I am so pleased to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your Valentines weekend with us. It is always great to see our guests taking full advantage of our central location!

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Preston, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Clean comfortable room. Conveniently located across from Trinity college and a short walk to Temple bar and Dublin night life. Hotel staff were very accommodating and friendly.

I don't ask for much but a clean room, a comfortable bed and friendly staff. All three met my expectations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear dngtig,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay at The Westin Dublin. I am really delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take full advantage of our central location.

I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Newport, South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

A weekend away in a great hotel in a great location with lovely rooms and very comfortable beds. The only downside was a hiccup with the breakfast service on the Saturday morning but the staff were very apologetic. Great for a weekend away and well worth a visit.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank melliemels
Dear melliemels,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay at The Westin Dublin. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your weekend vist with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

This hotel is a typical Westin property. Comfy beds, great pillows, nicely appointed rooms. It appears to be a newer property or at least a newly renovated property. They do a nice tea service on the 2nd floor mezzanine and serve cocktails there as well. The Mint Bar in the basement area also serves food and is really quite comfortable with good food and drink. Overall I would say that this hotel is very well situated either for business or pleasure. The staff was pleasant and always accommodating. We stayed at the hotel only one night so we did not get a chance to try out the spa services.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeanette713,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, it's greatly appreciated.

You are very right in saying that we're newly renovated, all of our rooms were fully refurbished last year. Our Mint Bar was also refurbished at the very beginning of this year!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hopefully we'll be welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin very soon!

Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

The building is fantastic, and the room superb. The place is very comfortable if you want to visit the City centre. However, there are works on the street when we visited it last summer. I like the amenities particulary. The people of the Hotel are very friendly.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Hello PatCFC and thank you for taking the time to share your nice comments after you visited us from Madrid here at The Westin Dublin. It’s great that you liked your room and enjoyed the hotel and our fantastic location. I am delighted that the team were friendly looked after your needs while you were with us. Thanks again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Dublin.
All the best
Ballycotton, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

The Westin is an absolute magnificent hotel! Every last detail oozes class. The staff are polite helpful friendly and courteous.The room was amazing with not a single detail missed. The bed to was amazing. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I had a truly 5 star experience. The Mint bar was fantastic. The cocktails were delicious And the food was second to none. If your thinking of luxury then i assure you this is the place for you. Its also located bang smack in the middle of Dublin with everything within walking distance.
It is a must for those of you who wish to experience a 5 star Hotel. I would recommend it to everyone. I also particularly liked the option to donate €1 on checking out to UNICEF. Very nice to see it being offered as a service. 5 Stars

Room Tip: Its only downside is that the don't have a pool Request a room with a view...... Breathtaking