“Nice hotel in good location”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dallas, Texas
“Nice hotel in good location”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The Westin, Dublin met all of our expectations. We arrived around 3pm, our room was not quite ready, so we went down to the Mint Bar for a quick snack.

Linda at the front desk was quite welcoming, recognizing my Lifetime Platinum Status. She also met us in the bar with our keys once the room was ready and had our bags already sent to the room.

We arrived at our corner room on the 4th floor with a nice, but small balcony. The room was as expected, clean and comfortable.

Unfortunately The Exchange restaurant was closed for dinner due to renovations, but the Mint Bar provided adequate selections for a light dinner. The bar staff was very pleasant.

Overall, the hotel is in a great location in the city centre. Next to Trinity College and Temple Bar District.

My only complaint was the late night dining menu. It's very limited. Fortunately there is a Subway across the street that we resorted to for a midnight snack. (Mind you, midnight for us was really 6pm on our body clocks).

When returning to Dublin, we would not hesitate to return to the Westin.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hi JoeandJan
Thanks for your lovely review after your stay, I am delighted that you would not hesitate to stay with us again I am very happy that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and I have shared your comments with the team and thanks for the special mention of Linda she is such a positive asset to the team. the next time you visit us if you have any special requests for in room dining please do let us know. I hope we will get the chance to look after you again the next time you visit Dublin from Texas.
Slan agus Beannacht
Fred Smits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for an eveing last week and it was truly a lovely hotel. The Reception was charming and the staff friendly. We were offered help with the bags to the room although declined as we were travelling light athough I did see a number of guests being escorted with baggage trolleys.

Bedrooms were a good size, and the bed was unbelievably comfortable!! Bathroom was wonderfully decorated and clean, with plenty of towels.

We booked in for afternoon tea on arrival which is really reccommended - wonderful cakes, savories and prosecco if you wish. It was fairly busy when we were there but we did notice on our way to check-out the next day that there was a large group of pint-drinking men either on a stag party or some other event and there was a semi-naked man with facepaint on! Funny to see but not certainly something I'd wish to be part of if im sitting down for an afternoon tea in a 5* hotel!!

The location was fantastic - a two minute walk from the main shopping street. So if you're new to Dublin, a brilliant base.

The only downside to this hotel is lack of free wifi. I belive it was 15euro per day. We stay in many 4/5* and have rarely come across a charge for something which seems so basic these days, especially for tourists who may not be able to access 3G on another country.

A lovely stay, we would certainly return.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking a busy street and on the first floor but we were not disturbed one bit so d...
Dear KLH425
Thanks for your lovely comments I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
I am delighted that you were able to find some time to relax and that you enjoyed a wonderful nights rest in our ‘Heavenly Beds’. I just want to reassure you that the gentlemen that you saw were not a stag party they were some of our lovely Welsh supporters who stayed with us for the rugby match and were very pleasant guests indeed. I hope you will visit us and enjoy another afternoon tea the next time you are over from Aberdeen.
General Manager.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed here for a Saturday night, in town for a treat restaurant and wanted to be able to keep the night going.
Valet car parking starts the stay.
Lovely room all newly decorated with the smell of new carpet reassuring rather than imposing. Plenty of space, comfortable bed, docking station in the clock radio, lovely high spec bathroom.

Busy Saturday afternoon means the delightful atrium lounge full up and the mint bar more of a night place.
Staff very helpful and friendly.
Bar band in mint after coming back from the restaurant were outstanding, singer Amy Kelly at her best belting out Adele's rolling in the deep, band really getting into the groove. Great gig nice friendly customers.

Got the car back and inside a handwritten thank you note and a bottle of water for the drive..
This is a real 5 star and a great and gracious city hotel. More dubliners should use it.

Room Tip: Opt for overlooking fleet st, got to be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Hi CalmTraveller75
Thanks for your lovely review it is always our aim to ensure our guests are this pleased after a visit with us. I am delighted to read that the team were friendly and efficient. It’s also great to read that you are a Dublin visitor and that you got to enjoy both the Atrium and the Mint bar. I hope that you will pop into our newly refurbished bar and enjoy our new cocktails the next time you are in the city centre, I look forward to your next visit.
Farmington, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is a great hotel located in the perfect place for walking around Dublin. The room was quite lovely and we did not pay for a view but it was fine looking at the rooftops because we did not spend much time in the room.

The restaurant/bar just at the entrance had great breakfast buffets and the manhattan my husband had one afternoon was very unique and he loved it.

You can easily walk up to Trinity College, Fleet Street, Grafton Street...all great areas to wander around. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and I did have laundry done there which was nicely done.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Karen B

Thanks for your nice comments after your visit with us here in The Westin Dublin. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your comments that we were the perfect place! It is good to read that you found your room comfortable, we have just finished renovations in the Mint bar and it looks great. I hope you and your husband will enjoy another cocktail the next time you visit us from New Mexico! We look forward to your next visit.
Slan agus Beannacht
waky
Reviewed 21 February 2014

a nice hotel right in the heart of dublin,across the road from temple bar,all the lively pubs,lots of restaurant down temple area,the guinness tour is an experiance not to be missed about a 15 minute walk,lots of coffee bars very close,staff very friendly and helpfull,its about 10 kilometers from airport to hotel 18 euros,i would stay here again but when its warmer,a great place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi davewaky, thanks for your lovely review of the Westin, I am delighted to read that you will be back to visit us, this is how I want all our guests to leave us, wanting to return! We are so lucky with our location but it’s also great to read that the team helped you enjoy your visit while you stayed. I look forward to your return visit.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This was my first stop in my "backpacking" journey through the U.K. The bar on the lower level makes the most amazing espresso martinis and the restaurant connected to the Westin was amazing too! They lock you out after 11pm so you have to get the front desk person to let you back in!

Room Tip: Don't get locked out if you plan on staying out past 11pm!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hi kimberly p I hope your ‘backpacking’ in Ireland and the UK is going well and you are enjoying the rest of your trip. Thanks for your review of the Westin and thanks for your kind words. Kimberley I am sure that you understand that we must lock the front door for security of our guests in the hotel as the safety and comfort of our guests is very important to us. Happy travelling!
Be well
General Manager.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The Westin is in a very convenient location just south of the river and two minutes from Trinity College. I was upgraded to a superior room, which was a comfortable size and nicely finished in a more classic style. While the bed was very comfortable, I didn't like the bedding at all. The comforter was way too heavy, and having the flat sheets rather than a duvet cover just made things a mess. Despite this, I still slept well as the rooms are well insulated for sound.

What really annoyed me about the hotel is the spotty wifi. It's just about useless if you're really trying to get work done -- slow and you get periodically disconnected. What made things worse was that wifi is supposed to be included in my company's rate, but the hotel didn't have a record of this and I got charged anyway. It's just annoying to have to call our travel dept and have them sort it out. And if you're going to charge so much for wifi, at least make sure it's fast and reliable!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hello cillerrabbit
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your stay with us. I am happy that you found our location to be convenient and that you enjoyed a restful nights sleep while you stayed with us. If you stay with us again please let us know prior to your arrival and we would be delighted to make your bed up American style. I must apologise to you that your Wi-Fi speed was not what you would have liked, as I don’t know the exact dates of your stay I cannot definitely say if we were experiencing any issues but I have brought this to the attention of our IT manager.
I do hope we will get the chance to welcome you to the Westin again and your next visit will be an improved experience.
Be well