“Perfect location, excellent service.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #10 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Perfect location, excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Our stay at the Westin began while we were still in the US. The Concierge spoke/emailed with us several times regarding our dinner/tea reservations and tour plans. This really helped us maximize our time in Dublin as well as assuring us that we have successfully planned a wonderful trip. Hotel was clean, beautiful and very comfortable. Staff was lovely. I would recommend it enthusiastically.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank NancyWWH1963
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear nancy h
Thank you so much for your lovely comments after your visit with us here in The Westin Dublin. I am very pleased that the team were so helpful to you prior to your visit. You are so right we are very lucky with our location right in the centre of Dublin. Thank you for your enthusiastic recommendation of the hotel! I do hope you will visit Dublin again from New Jersey and we will have the chance to look after you then.
Be well
Fred Smits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed here in March 2013. What a surprise - we didn't really expect the Westin Dublin to be as nice as it was. When we arrived, we were greeted warmly and shown to our room. We were in the Oscar Wilde room, which was unlike any other hotel room I have ever been in. It was actually bilayer, with the bed and bathroom on the first level and a winding staircase leading to an office and reading area on the second level. Very charming. I also loved the location - we were able to walk to everything we wanted to see (including the beautiful St Stephens Green), excellent pubs (and some fun touristy ones too like Temple Bar. mmm Bulmers), and some great shopping! The young lady that checked us in, I really wish I could remember her name becasue she deserves special recognition, was beyond helpful in assisting us with suitable dining options as my sister and husband are vegan. The places she recommended were spot on and I'm certain we wouldn't have had as lovely of a time in Dublin had it not been for her suggestions. Many thanks! If we return to Dublin, I am certain that we will stay at the Westin again!

Room Tip: If you're into a quirky room experience, select the Oscar Wilde suite!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank victoriaa215
Dear victoriaa215
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is lovely to read your comments and to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I am so happy that the recommendations from the team enhanced your stay and I have passed your comments on to the front desk. I am delighted that your experience means that you will be back to stay with us here in The Westin Dublin, this is our ultimate goal!
I hope you will visit us again soon and we will have the chance to look after you in the not too distant future.
Sheffield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Arrived on an early flight from England and received a warm welcome from the concierge. We were staying three nights with another couple and had booked two deluxe rooms. On check in the receptionist was adamant that we had only booked classic rooms despite me handing over the booking confirmation showing two deluxe rooms. We were offered an upgrade at additional cost if we wanted to check in straight away but we said we were happy just to leave our bags and we arranged for them to ring us when our rooms were ready. Upon returning we were seen by another receptionists who gave us out keys and I checked with her that these were delux rooms. She said no, we had only booked classic room! She asked for written evidence! I said I had given our voucher to the other receptionist who now came across and denied having seen or taken the voucher! Fortunately our friends had a copy in the luggage so they went to the classic room were our luggage was stored and retrieved this. Only then did they concede we were right but it then took another fifteen minutes of much key tapping to allocate us the proper rooms.

We received no information about where dinner or breakfast was served, no option to order a paper or early morning calls - all the things you expect in a good hotel.

Thankfully the rooms were very nice. However on the Sunday we returned at 4pm to find one of our rooms had not been serviced and our friends had to wait in the lobby for 30 mins whilst this was sorted. We did take up the offer of four drinks to compensate in the mint bar.

Breakfast was a very hit and miss affaire. No one explained the ordering system to us so it was day two before we were asked if we would like to order different eggs other than the scrambled on offer. The hot selection was very basic for the price and the sausages poor quality.

We ordered porridge on one day and two fried eggs. These duly arrived
At the same time - never had porridge and fried eggs together before! Our friends ordered well done fried eggs but when they came they were under done to which the waitress replied that there isn't a button on the restaurant computer for well done.

I have stayed in many good,quality hotels and spent 12 years of my career managing them, but I have to say this one was badly let down by disorganisation and a lack of customer focus on behalf of the reception staff. The food and beverage manager really needs to sort out a more consistent approach to his breakfast service and how the staff inform guests of the service choices. And please get rid of the breakfast tickets which you have to had in to get served. We loved Dublin but should we return it will not be at the Westin.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MarkQS
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear MarkQS
Thanks for your review after you stayed with us in the Westin Dublin. I am sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectations, this is not how I want our guests to feel after they have stayed with us. I am investigating the issues regarding your check-in with our Front Office manager and I have passed your comments on the restaurant supervisor for him to look into. If you would like to get in contact with me directly I would be happy to speak with you about these matters. I look forward to speaking with you in person.
Slan agus Beannacht
belfast, ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

You expect any Westin property to be up to a certain standard and, in most ways, the Westin Dublin doesn't disappoint. It's got a great location right beside Trinity College and Grafton Street, and it has all the requisite luxury touches. We got a €150 a night deal via a hotel booking site then took the €40 upgrade offered at check-in for a larger room with balcony on the top floor.

The bedroom was excellent - spacious, very quiet, well equipped and with one of the best beds my wife and I have slept in. Couldn't fault it at all. What we also loved was the Westin Weekend concept, which allows extended check out up to 3.00 pm on Sundays, and a late breakfast option in the main restaurant. A brilliant product that others would do well to follow.

We had a couple of small negatives, though (which might not be worth mentioned in lower grade hotels but come into play at the Westin level). There was no evening turn down service, so no fresh towels or toiletries to replace the used ones. The Sunday newspaper we specified at check in didn't materialise, and I had to go to a local newsagent to get one. And, when we went down to the Mint Bar for a drink before going out for dinner, we found most of the tables reserved. Unusual, we felt, for a hotel bar but apparently not unusual here. It doesn't do much to encourage residents to feel at home, though. We got a place to sit, by the way, after a delay.

Small points, perhaps, but the Westin faces plenty of competition at the top end in Dublin.....from the likes of the Shelbourne, the Merrion, Four Seasons, Conrad, etc. An eye on detail is essential.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Bussinesseye thank you for the lovely comments after your stay with us in the Westin Dublin. I am delighted that you were happy with your accommodations and enjoyed a restful night sleep in our heavenly beds. I am sorry that you did not receive a newspaper, we are investigating the matter so this does not occur again. I am also sorry that you had to wait for a table in the Mint, we have several other areas in the hotel for our guests to relax however I am glad that you did get a table I hope you enjoyed your time there.
Thanks again for your comments and I do hope that the next time you visit Dublin from Belfast we will get the chance to look after you again.
Be well
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Loved the Westin. Stayed there a week and had a great stay. Great staff, very professional, wonderful concierge staff, lovely wait staff. From check in to check out an uplifting experience. Perfect location for exploring Dublin. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hi Cynthia N, thanks for your lovely review of the Westin, I am delighted to read that you and your family had a great stay. It is lovely to read that from check in to check out your visit was uplifting, thank you again for your lovely words and I look forward to your return visit.
Liphook, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

As a previous guest at this hotel, I knew that it would be the warmest of welcomes,and despite being in a busy location overlooking Trinity College an oasis of calm. This time however I was travelling with a disabled guest. My confidence that The Westin would be able to take care of us was very well placed

From the moment of booking, Jacqueline took care of our requirements, selecting us a perfect room and making sure everything else was perfect. On arrival we were greeted by the doorman with the warmth of an old friend, relieved of our bags and made instantly comfortable.

We were in a Writers Room, which was bright, extremely clean and very comfortable. I loved the selection of Irish Literature to browse (shame not to have Roddy Doyle in our selection) and the views overlooking Trinity College towards the Aviva Stadium were stunning. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in bar none.

The facilities within the hotel are lovely. Every member of staff greets you with a smile, and without exception seem committed to ensuring that every guest has the best experience possible. The location is perfect. As well as the College, it is a stones throw from the river, the shops, Temple Bar, if you fancy an entertaining stroll, Fleet Street (opposite the hotel entrance) contains the Icon Walk, brilliant street art about the best of Irish Culture. We spent a lovely evening in The Mint Bar enjoying their delicious cocktails.

The best tip I can give, is to make use of the hotel to book an airport taxi. We would normally travel by bus, but this time pre booked via reception, paid a very competitive 22 euros, many thanks to the charming doorman for telling us about this service.

I cannot recommend this Hotel highly enough. It may not be the cheapest, but it's absolutely worth the extra. We would like to thank everyone at The Westin for making our visit so special. We can't wait to return. Very soon!

Room Tip: I find the outside facing rooms far more comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear BethM7 thanks for such a lovely review, we always hope that our guests will be this happy after they stay with us. Thanks for the special mention of our wonderful Front Office manager Jacqueline, she is a fantastic asset to our team here in the Westin. I have shared you review with the whole team and passed on your thanks.
We are all looking forward to your return visit, take care,
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

The Westin, Dublin met all of our expectations. We arrived around 3pm, our room was not quite ready, so we went down to the Mint Bar for a quick snack.

Linda at the front desk was quite welcoming, recognizing my Lifetime Platinum Status. She also met us in the bar with our keys once the room was ready and had our bags already sent to the room.

We arrived at our corner room on the 4th floor with a nice, but small balcony. The room was as expected, clean and comfortable.

Unfortunately The Exchange restaurant was closed for dinner due to renovations, but the Mint Bar provided adequate selections for a light dinner. The bar staff was very pleasant.

Overall, the hotel is in a great location in the city centre. Next to Trinity College and Temple Bar District.

My only complaint was the late night dining menu. It's very limited. Fortunately there is a Subway across the street that we resorted to for a midnight snack. (Mind you, midnight for us was really 6pm on our body clocks).

When returning to Dublin, we would not hesitate to return to the Westin.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi JoeandJan
Thanks for your lovely review after your stay, I am delighted that you would not hesitate to stay with us again I am very happy that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and I have shared your comments with the team and thanks for the special mention of Linda she is such a positive asset to the team. the next time you visit us if you have any special requests for in room dining please do let us know. I hope we will get the chance to look after you again the next time you visit Dublin from Texas.
Slan agus Beannacht