“A fine hotel”

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Singapore
“A fine hotel”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Travelling on an American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts Package out reservation was made by Amex.

We encountered some minor problems during check in, but the General Manager stepped in and resolved the situation. Our room was excellent as is the location of the hotel. Great for shopping or those looking to listen to live traditional music. Well priced and highly recommended. Hotel staff extremely helpful!

Great for business or leisure in the heart of Dublin.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nigel G
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Nigel G
Thanks for your nice comments after your visit with us here in The Westin Dublin back in December. I am so happy to read that after an initial hiccup you enjoyed you stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and I hope the next time you are in Dublin we will have the chance to look after you again!
Fred Smits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Recently me and my friend/coworker had the opportunity to take a vacation for a two-week getaway. During this time we spend about 4-5 nights at your property where we were nothing but pleased.

The highlight of this lovely hotel for us would have to be the staff. SPECIFICALLY CIARA AND STEFAN for their top notch service. From our first night there at the bar where we enjoyed a very good meal and cocktails Ciara had been nothing but splendid- she always remembered us by name every night there after. She always had a smile on her face even when we seemingly bombarded her for HER help alone! (We just loved her!) We were down at the bar for dinner several nights and we saw that she had just as much enthusiasm for ALL her guests not just us! She even helped suggest things to do- please pass on our gratitude and thanks to this lovely lady!

In further regards to traveling around the city- Stefan the concierge was not only friendly and helpful- but every time we saw him he knew how to make us laugh while always remaining professional. We always had a million questions and Stefan always met every single one of them with the utmost help and patience from what to see-where to go- and where to shop for what. Please let him know he is a lovely "lad" and we wished all concierges were as helpful as he was!

The hotel was beautiful and the entire staff was very kind! Some other great members of the staff were Linda- Thank you for the lovely room you helped us get facing the street for the St. Patty's parade! Neal for all your kindness at the desk- he even gave us pointers on Scotland as he knew we were traveling there! Peter at the concierges- he spent some time helping me try to find a Western Union when an ATM swallowed my debit card! And Seamous for always being so nice and helpful at the bar even when he knew we were coming to bother Ciara!

And finally Jacquelyn one of the front office managers at the desk- we were never fortunate enough to meet her but one night when we arrived back to our room we had a lovely amenity and note waiting for us!

While we loved the hotel it really was the associates who made our stay the most memorable. We will be back as soon as we can!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the street if you prefer a little more light. :)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cind2014
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Hi Cind2014 Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is lovely to read your comments and to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I am so happy that the recommendations from the team enhanced your stay and I have passed your comments on to them all. I am delighted that the whole team were part of your stay and thank you for the special mention of those who helped you. We have a great team here in the Westin Dublin and I am very proud of them all. Its great that you enjoyed your St Patricks day celebration and do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again to Dublin.
Slan agus Beannacht
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Staying at the Westin is a wonderful experience from start to finish. The staff are friendly and very professional. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable.The beds are perfect! Mint has an extensive cocktail list and they live up to expectations. The location of the hotel is perfect for shopping in both Grafton st and Henry st. We will definitely be returning!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hi pinkydinkyireland
It is a great pleasure and so encouraging to receive such positive feedback from our guests. We are very lucky with our location here in The Westin Dublin, you are so right it is great for shopping. I am delighted to read you were happy with so many aspects of your stay, but best of all I am very happy to read that you will be back to stay with us again!
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have to be honest and say I was a little disappointed by the hotel after seeing the flashy website and having planned a trip to Dublin I decided to use SPG points to make an award stay.
Checkin was quick and good and all the staff I dealt with were warm and friendly, the building is also really nice. The room itself was up to the normal Westin standard although the window was small so despite being on an upper floor the room felt like I was in a basement. Overall, I think there are better "real" 5* hotels in Dublin.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William G
Dear William G thank you fro taking the time to share your comments with us after your stay here in the Westin Dublin.
I am sorry to read that you did not find your stay to be five star and it did not meet your expectations. I am somewhat unclear as to our shortfall during your stay, if you would like to get in contact with me directly I would be happy to speak with you about any issues you had while you stayed. I look forward to speaking with you in person.
Kind regards
Rosenheim, Germany
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Unfortunately, I was only one evening in Dublin. The Westin is a wonderful place to stay. The location if fabulous right accross the " Irish Pub Street". Restaraunts in every price class are available within a short walking distance. The hotel is has old school charm. The service is fantastic and the rooms are well done and very comfortable. I did not have time to use the spa or pool.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear robert g
It is so encouraging to read such a positive review and I appreciate you taking the time to post it. I am delighted that you were happy with your accommodations and that the team looked after you well. I hope that you will find the time to visit us for more than one night the next time you visit Dublin from Hanover. Thank you again.
Boston
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Overall, a great experience at the Westin! Room, bed and bath were all outstanding. Staff was ver y good. My only negative was the construction outside of the hotel which made for difficulty in bringing the car around for check in. However, the staff was ultimately helpful in accomplishing this task. Location is very central to touring the city. The Atrium lounge is very nice for a very relaxing tea or libation. I would stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hi LINSHADOE and thanks for taking the time to review us here in the Westin Dublin I am so happy to read that you found the team to be great. It is wonderful that you will stay with us again, I am very happy to tell you that the next time you visit us here the Luas works will be finished as they are almost finished in front of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin.
Be well
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I've been travelling to Dublin quite a lot for the past few months for business purposes and have always stayed at the Westin because of its great location and value.
The sleep experience is absolutely wonderful, the heavenly bed being really heavenly. The staff is very nice and helpful, especially Neil, one of the receptionists.

On the negative side, the deco in the rooms is a bit dated, very classic and not very welcoming.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that despite being there regularly and being known by the staff, I haven't enjoyed any upgrade or particular attention as I would have expected from an hotel of this standing.

Overall, an excellent hotel but lacking the extra touch to get a 5 star rating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello MaeliaB, thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Thank you for the special mention of Neil he is a wonderful addition to our team here in the Westin. However I am sorry to read that you feel that your loyalty has not been recognised, I must apologise if you feel we have let you down. I would encourage you to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Westin and will have the chance to make your next visit five star.
Be well