“A great hotel in a central location”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
San Francisco, California
“A great hotel in a central location”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My son and I stayed here in April of this year and found the hotel and its location to be ideal for everything we wanted to do. It was quiet and the staff were couteous. We even had a nice view of Trinity College from our room. We were within walking distance of the typical touristy things like Guinness and Jameson but far enough removed from Temple Bar and the drunk college students when we wanted to be!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hi glbltrvlr989 thank you for your lovely comments following you and your son's stay with us in April. I am pleased that you both enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient for sightseeing around Dublin. Thanks again and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin the next time you visit Dublin.
Slan agus Beannacht
Fred Smits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed in the Westin for a 6 day trip to Ireland and could not have made a better choice. The location was terrific. Close enough to night life at temple bar area yet removed enough to be away from the noise. Short walk to everything. We toured the city by foot and never had a problem. Tour buses for day tours meet a few blocks away and transportation to the airport via the airbus is right across the steer. The staff were all welcoming and extremely helpful. I wouldn't stay anywhere else only next trip to Ireland.

• Stayed April 2014
Hi CarolandMich and thank you for your lovely review following your stay with us. I am happy that you found our location 'terrific'! We are very well placed for you to enjoy sightseeing throughout Dublin. I am very happy to read that you will be back to stay with us again that means a lot to us. I hope your flight home was a safe and comfortable one.
All the best
Boston, MA, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at this property with my husband at the end of Jan '14 for a long weekend. The hotel is centrally located, within walking distance to many Dublin attractions including Grafton St., Temple Bar, and Trinity College. Lots of great pubs and dining options within walking distance. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. We arrived very early on a Friday morning from an overnight flight from Boston and we were able to check into our room upon arrival, as the room was already ready. My only complaints are around the quality of the food available at the hotel. I found the room service menu to be lacking in variety and the quality of the food sub par, especially after 10pm and the breakfast buffet in the restaurant was just ok. However, with so many great dining options within walking distance or a quick cab ride away, it shouldn't impact anyone's decision to stay at the Westin.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor facing the atrium. The room was quiet and little to no noise traveled...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Hi BeanTownTraveler and thank you for your comments after your stay back in January. Thank you for your positive comments about our reception team and I am happy to read that they were able to accommodate you with an early check in. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your dining experience while you stayed. I do want to let you know that we have changed all our menus so I hope that the next time you visit you will have a better experience. Thanks again for your review.
Be well
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel, home away from home. Have stayed here 3 times! Super friendly staff & helpful with any problems/questions. The breakfast buffet it amazing and the bar in the basement has a cool underground vibe. Centrally located for hop on hop off bus, attractions and Temple Bar district. Will def stay here again!!

Stayed May 2014
Hi Tish2424I am really delighted that your stay was enjoyable while you visited us from Arizona. It is so nice to read comments like yours it makes all our hard work worthwhile. It is great to read that you feel like we are a home away from home, I hope that we continue to make you feel at home with us and very much look forward to your next visit.
Be well
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I took a business trip to Dublin in March and stayed for the first time at the Westin.
Firstly, location is excellent, good restaurants and pubs are within walking distance. Check in took slightly longer than I wanted, but room was very big (and quiet given that you are in the middle of the city). Stay were pleasant, check out was easier....as a business traveller the cost was not high on my list of priorities, but everything else stacked up. - Great location for going to meetings.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear DavidfromIreland thanks for your nice comments and taking the time to share them with us. I am very happy to read that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. You are so right our location is very convenient for getting around the city. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Westin the next time you visit Dublin from London.
All the best
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Good rooms, great location and very friendly staff. We had room on fourth floor in the front. Noise was not an issue. Was there for fun but probably a good business choice as well. Walking distance for all central Dublin. Grafton street to the south and the river to the north. Next to trinity college. Also across street from temple bar if that is your type of area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hi scott s and thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review after your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your trip to Dublin and were able to take advantage of our central location. I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Westin in the near future.
Be Well
Reviewed 10 May 2014

For the price you pay to stay in this hotel, it's totally not worth it, granted the location is great, but the service is substandard. The desk and night stand in the room was dusty, internet connection (free in the lobby but 15 euros in the room per day) was inconsistent.

Worse of all, their night manager , a very short (perhaps less than 5 feet 2 inches, 160 cm) was rude, arrogant, non-helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank cc c
Dear cc c thank you for taking the time to share your comments after your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am sorry that you were unhappy with several aspects of your stay. I am sorry to read that you found the Duty Manager to be unhelpful, I have discussed the issue that you raised with him and I am sorry that you were not pleased with the outcome of the discussion. We appreciate your comments and I hope that your flight back to the US was a comfortable and enjoyable one. All the best Fred Smits General Manager