“Premier location and first rate luxury!”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This spring was our second stay at The Westin Dublin. We were again delighted. The property was formerly a grand bank, and the architecture is superb. The staff is highly professional and courteous. So your first moments walking in the door after a long flight will be positive. Each room is unique. This stay we were fortunate to stay on the George Bernard Shaw Suite, which is a two story suite joined by a beautiful spiral staircase! The bathrooms are traditional European excellence, with marble floors and walls and all the luxury appointments.. What makes my stay is the Westin Heavenly bed. My husband and I are in business together and our schedules are packed. We get very little sleep. So on a vacation, the bedding is very important. It is rare that I don't have to travel with my own pillow....the Westin Dublin has an array of luxurious pillows and a lofty comforter. The fine luxury sheets complete the picture. Clean, clean clean!!! The first day we slept until 2pm...a miracle, but the bed was so comfortable!! But once you venture outside, everything is within steps away! The main shopping district...Grafton Street ....is a 5 minute short walk. So are some of the best pubs and restaurants in the city. One of our favorite spots is in the Westin itself. It is in the Mint Bar, located in the lower level. Each Friday and Saturday night there is a dancing five piece band. The drinks are fabulous! Best Mojitos I have ever had! The bartender even gave us a masterclass in making those Mojitos! So when you go to Dublin, stay at this charming first rate hotel. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stathy W
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hi Stathy Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is lovely to read your comments and to read that you enjoyed your second visit with us as much as your first. I am delighted that you and your husband had rejuvenating nights rest in our 'Heavenly beds'. Thank you for your lovely comments about the Mint bar, the master class is great fun and I am happy that you enjoyed our mojito! I hope that you will be back again from Chicago and we will again have the chance to welcome you to the Westin and Dublin.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Dublin

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We spent our first two nights of our honeymoon in Ireland at the Westin. They were so very kind and sweet AND the location was premier for our time in Dublin! Easy walk to Temple Bar District with its excellent food and music. And the bed was incredibly comfortable!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear ScotsIrishPadre thank you so much for you lovely review after you and your husband stayed with us here in the Westin Dublin. I would like to congratulate you again on your recent nuptials. Thank you for your nice comments about the team and the hotel I hope that we will see you soon and we can help you celebrate your next milestone.
Slan agus Beannacht

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I went to Ireland for the first time this past month and stayed at the Westin. The hotel is a tremendous property with great rooms and a good central location within Dublin. You are near numerous restaurants and less than 5 blocks away from a central train station. The staff is very professional and accommodating. While it is a little on the pricey side, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for an upscale hotel for business or leisure.

Room Tip: If you are looking to maximize your space, ask for one of the corner suites. May get a better deal...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi bigtee414 thank you fro taking the time to write such a lovely review of the Westin. I am delighted that you would recommend us, this is how we want all our guests to feel after they have stayed with us. Its great that you benefited from our central location and were able to enjoy the sights of Dublin. Thanks again and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Beautiful building, in the heart of Dublin. The hotel, in our opinion, was excellent in all areas. The junior suite very luxurious, the hotel staff friendly and very warm & the food delicious. The only downside, which is temporary, is that there is currently building of the new tram line, right outside the hotel doors. The noise isn't disruptive when inside the hotel, but parking is difficult, although the concierge makes all effort to ease the situation.

Room Tip: Junior suite, if funds allow, is a must.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Traceylk

Dear Traceylk, thank you for your lovely comments following your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am so happy to be reading your comments that we were excellent in all areas, that is a lovely compliment to the hotel and the team. I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again the next time that you visit Dublin.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I just returned from a May 18 - May 24th stay at the Westin Dublin. This was our second time staying at this hotel, the first time being back in 2011.

Many of the reasons we came back were the same. Very nice hotel. Great location. Friendly staff. To their credit, this trip was for a special occasion (birthdays for two members of my family) and they provided a dessert tray in the room and an invite for a goodbye cocktail on our final night. Unfortunately, we had a negative experience that prohibits me from giving them more stars. While packing to head home I realized my Garmin 910xt sport watch had gone missing from my room. I of course have no choice but to assume ultimate responsibility for this incident, as I did not have it locked in the safe, but rather left it lying on the table. I knew better and have learned an important (albeit expensive) lesson. You would hope that something like that would not happen regardless of something being locked up or not, so it was still a frustrating and disappointing experience. They said they would look into it, but at this point, I think it is safe to say it will not be recovered.

I am sad to say that we will not be back to this property during our next trip. There are plenty of other very nice hotels with great locations and comparable prices that this unfortunate incident has steered me towards trying.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from staff rooms that are located among the guest rooms. We had one right next...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear TeamG2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. We were delighted to have been part of your husband and daughter’s birthday celebration.
I am sorry to read that your watch has still not been located; as you are aware we have fully investigated and we regret to inform you that unfortunately we were unable to locate the missing item. If we have more information we will continue to contact you directly.
Thank you again for your comments and I do hope that your trip back to the US was a safe and comfortable one. You know I am always available to you personally and if you would like to continue our conversation I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Decided to stay at the Westin as a loyal Spg platinum member. The hotel is across from trinity college and a short walk from everything - the Guinness storehouse, river, cathedrals, st Stephens green, grafton street shops, temple bar, many restaurants (and two starbucks on the same block even though I refuse to go to Starbucks while in Europe...). This place is charming as soon as you walk in the front door. Doorman was knowledgable and friendly, decor was really modern and well appointed in the rooms, there's USB charging plugs, carpets are brand new - you feel like you can walk barefoot on them and be ok. Has your standard Westin amenities - heavenly everything and white tea smell. Continental breakfast is huge - lots of fresh fruit and traditional Irish breakfast foods. The gym, although a bit small, has brand new equipment - biggest LCD screens I've seen on a treadmill. Hotel concierge provides running maps and great recommendations of places to go - super friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank canadianarthur

Dear canadianarthur thank you for such a lovely review following your stay with us here in the Westin, I am delighted to read that you will be back to stay with us. We are enjoying some nice spring weather at the moment and its great that you got out to run in the city with one of the concierge maps. Thank you again for the nice comments about the team and I am happy to read that they looked after you while you stayed with us. I hope we will see you again very soon.
Be well

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

It's only the costs that kept this hotel from getting a 5. The rooms are pricey to me and don't include breakfast or WiFi.

The location is great, the service was excellent and I slept so well.

I was impressed that they called a cab for us and he arrived just moments later.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear TravellerTP thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you well. However I am sorry to read that found our rooms to be pricy, but we work to be competitively priced with the other five star hotels in Dublin. I do hope we will have a chance to welcome you back to the Westin when you next visit Dublin from Virginia.