“Wonderful Hotel”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great Hotel with perfect city centre location within walking distance of all sights. Wonderful rooms and very attentive staff. Westin at its best - great food adn service but also close to other less expensive restaurants if needed. Would definitely come back when next in Dublin.

Room Tip: Book rooms back from the main street
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello Lloyd K I would like to say thank you for your lovely review following your stay with us in the Westin. We are very lucky with our location right her in the centre of Dublin and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it. We look forward to your return visit when we will have the chance to look after you again.
All the best

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Westin is in the perfect location for visiting Dublin. It's right across the street from Trinity College and so very close to all the great restaurants/pubs/shopping/museums....the list is endless. The accomodations are 1st class along with the service. Great place to stay and I encourage everyone to take advantage of location.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room overlooking Trinity College.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Laurie S thank you for your lovely comments following your visit to us here in the Westin. You are so right we are have a fantastic location for exploring the city of Dublin! Thanks for your nice comments it is very nice of you to say that you think we are 1st class. I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Westin the next time you visit Dublin.
All the Best

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Very pleased w/ the Westin Dublin hotel for it's location, room details (wonderful mattress & shower), pleasant city view, and traditional decor. My only concern was that the hotel was overbooked by "Adventure Disney Tours" so for example, when I dialed the front desk - the phone would just ring & ring w/out being answered or when I went to the bell desk for map directions - nobody was staffing it because they were assisting the large group. A couple of times, I entered the lobby and it was challenging to walk through to the elevator due to all the tour people and their bags. I also received several mis-directed phone calls asking if I was with the "tour". Otherwise, I enjoyed the glass ceiling Mint Bar for tea and a snack and the assistance of the staff on where to eat locally (I loved the suggested nearby "Winding Stair" & "The Pig's Ear" restaurants). Yes, I would elect to stay here again.... hoping that it would be unlikely that the number of guests would overwhelm the hotel's availability a second time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the corner of the building to increase your view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Hi ABWAIS and thank you for your great comments after your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am very happy to read that you will be back to stay with us again Thanks for your feedback about the busy lobby area and based on it we are looking at another check in area for our guests who join us in groups. Which we hope will help everyone. I am delighted that you were happy with the recommendations that you received from our concierge team. I do hope you will be back from San Francisco to enjoy some rest and relaxation with us here in the Westin.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Having never been to Dublin, I felt some of my normal standards regarding hospitality may be different than in the US. I'm in a foreign country which means there will be some kind of surprise-- good or not. The Westin Dublin is in a great location for tourists and business travelers being yards from the Temple Bar --bar-restaurant scene, Trinity University and the main shopping area of central Dublin.

The building is old but has been modernized. The lobby is nice but nothing notable comes to mind. We are a family of three so had an upgraded standard which had a king and a nice twin. We had our stuff in every available spot but didn't find it objectionable. Our room faced the street and had a window that opened partially-- this is a very important feature for us because we like fresh air for sleeping. The bathroom was nice-- another important factor in judging a hotel for me.

The bathroom had a floor that I covet-- 10x10 pillow cut in Carrera marble which feels good under your feet-- not shiny or slippery but stylish rustic. A lovely bathtub, decent shower ( not great if you are really tall) with the best hot water and pressure ever, good size sink and best was the lighting and storage capacity. There wasn't a cabinet but there were ledges here and there for all toiletries we had. This is key because my 14 year old has lots of hair products. I love that I could see my pores because the lighting was bright. Greta bath products that smell wonderful. THEY HAVE WASHCLOTHS!!! Yeah. So thrilled about this one little thing.

Dings go to the fitness center for size which was WAY too small and WAY TOO hot. No ventilation!

Staff were all exemplary. Shout out to Sam Heath for helping us before we arrived and upon arrival. Pretty front desk blonde- redhead was genuinely sweet and pleasant! She nailed all the main "arrival details" smoothly and with confidence.

Westin was a highlight of our stay in Ireland.

Room Tip: It stays light for a long time outside so if you need a dark room, ask for an interior courtyard roo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hi willylabradoodle I want to thank you for your lovely review after you and your family stayed with us. I am very happy reading your comments and that the Westin was a highlight of your stay in Ireland. Thanks also for the special mention of Samuel he is a great asset to our team and Elena who looked after you on check in. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy the gym but do you know that we have running maps and water and towels for our guests who might like to run outside in this lovely summer weather. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope that you and your family will be back to visit us here in the Westin the next time you visit Dublin.
All the best

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at this property for 3 days this month. Being a SPG platinum member I get a wide spectrum of treatment by hotel staff. Some barely acknowledge it and some go above and beyond. This was definitely in my top five of all time. From the front desk, to the bellmen, to the restaurant, everyone was amazing. The hotel is in excellent shape. Really top notch all around.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jeremy K,
Thanks so much for your lovely review following you and your partner's stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am delighted to read that we went above and beyond and that we are in your top five hotels. I have shared your comments with the team as it is comments such as these that make the hard work worthwhile.
We look forward to return visit when we will have the chance to look after you again.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The location of this hotel is just great. Across the street from Triinity campus, and a quick walk to Grafton street and the Temple Bar area. The staff was great, it was our anniversary and when we went to our room there was a slice of cheesecake waiting for us with a card. We paid extra to upgrade our room, it was a Very Nice room with a view of Trinity campus with a long walk from the elevator with some steps so not too accessible. The only irritation at this hotel is that they charge you for wifi. I was not aware that the lobby had free wifi because no one told me that, even though I called the front desk asking for the password to my rooms wifi. Come on. Even our aircoach bus from the airport had free wifi! The starbucks near this hotel had free wifi. But not our room. It would have been nice to have been told there was free wifi in the lobby, but I was never told that so that does not count.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NSchrockinCalifornia
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hi NSchrockinCalifornia thank you very much for your review following your stay with us. I am delighted that we were part of your anniversary celebration! Thanks for your kind words about the team and I am glad that they looked after you and you were happy with your room. I am very sorry that no-one made you aware of the complimentary Wi-Fi. I can understand your frustration and you are correct you should have been made aware of and I can only apologise. I have discussed this with our front office manager and she will ensure that this does not happen again. I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again to the Westin Dublin.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My family (husband, 4 year old son, and I) recently stayed the Westin Dublin for a few nights in early May. I had stayed once before years ago on a business trip and liked the convenient location near Temple Bar, so we decided to splurge on a Deluxe Room. The room was surprisingly spacious for an Irish hotel, and of course the Heavenly bed was very comfortable. But what really impressed us this time was the amazing staff. My husband had a medical emergency on our first morning. I called the front desk for help and they sent a manager, Luwen Zhou, who was first aid certified. Once she determined my husband would need to see a doctor, she called the front desk to arrange for an ambulance. She stayed with us until the EMTs arrived. After my husband was taken to the emergency room, I soon followed with our young son in tow, and Luwen kindly guided us to our taxi, holding an umbrella to block the heavy rain (of course, it's Dublin), writing down the hotel phone number just in case, and getting completely soaked herself.

Later in the day after everything was taken care of and we were resting back in our room, she called to check in on us. We had to delay our travel plans out of Dublin, so she helped me extend our stay and gave us the best possible rate to stay in our room. We were very touched and grateful for the attention and kindness.

Because we couldn't venture out on the town, we visited the lounge a few times for light meals and evening drinks. There we met Santhosh, the bartender, and again experienced extra kindness and generosity, above and beyond what is expected. We were a little self conscious about bringing our young son with us but Sathosh and the others were welcoming and even gave him special treats.

Pros:
* stellar staff
* clean, spacious, and comfortable rooms
* convenient location
* luxurious and intimate

Cons:
* no early check-in (to be fair, I forgot to request it)
* in-room wifi not included

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Carocaro73 Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is lovely to read your comments and to read that the team looked after you and your family during your stay with us. I was sorry to hear that your husband was unwell during your stay, however I am happy that the team went some way towards making your stay comfortable. Thank you for the special mention of Luwen she is such a lovely asset to our team. I am very happy to read that Santhosh and the team in The Atrium looked after you and welcomed your son with special treats. I can understand that some aspects of your visit must have been quite upsetting for you so I am happy that we were able to alleviate some of the stress. I do hope that all is well with your husband now and I hope that we will see you all some time soon.