“Kind and helpful, excellent location”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Walla Walla, Washington
“Kind and helpful, excellent location”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Westin Dublin is quite unique. With the Westin brand, you usually get the same, anywhere you are. I love the Westin Dublin because the staff is fantastic, always reaching out to help you and offer tips for your time in the city. You will be step out of the hotel and be within reach to great pubs, shopping, site seeing and more. Take a look online to see the great decor of this hotel and get planning! I booked this hotel the day before I left the U.S. and got a good rate. My only word of caution is that the Atrium Lounge staff needs additional training. The server was unable to make an amaretto and o.j. and then later a courvoisier on ice. Stick to using brand names (Disaronno, etc.) and you shouldn't have any trouble. You will love this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelingGrrr
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hi TravelingGrrr, thank you for your lovely review after you stayed with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am so happy to read that the team reached out to you and helped you to enjoy Dublin. But I am concerned to read that you found the team in the Atrium inexperienced I have passed your comments on to the manager there for her to look into. I do hope that you will be back again and we will have the chance to look after you again.
Fred Smits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall a positive experience. Loved the old building and accommodations. The location is perfect and close to everything. The rooms are well appointed. We arrived on a red-eye from the States and they actually let us get into our room at 8AM, hours before actual check in time, to nap.

No free continental breakfast, like at the Hilton down the block (which was the most amazing continental breakfast I've ever seen!) and the internet was down more than a few times. many of us were standing around while they tried to get it online. This was four of the five days we were there. Also, there was a misunderstanding with the rooms. We were a party of five and they did not have the correct accommodations reserved so there was a bit of room swapping and juggling but they ultimately made things right and credited my account for our trouble, which was nice. I would stay here again as I sought out the Westin specifically for its higher end experience. This location delivered.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet so no problems there but if you can stay in the two story suite with the loft an...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hhnannies
Hi Hhnannies thank you for your review following your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I would like to thank you for your lovely comments. I am delighted that we were able to accommodate you with an early check-in. I am happy that any problems that occurred during your stay were looked after in a timely fashion and it is great to read that you will be back to stay with us because this is our ultimate goal. Thanks again and I look forward to your return visit.
Dublin
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great Hotel with perfect city centre location within walking distance of all sights. Wonderful rooms and very attentive staff. Westin at its best - great food adn service but also close to other less expensive restaurants if needed. Would definitely come back when next in Dublin.

Room Tip: Book rooms back from the main street
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Lloyd K I would like to say thank you for your lovely review following your stay with us in the Westin. We are very lucky with our location right her in the centre of Dublin and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it. We look forward to your return visit when we will have the chance to look after you again.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Westin is in the perfect location for visiting Dublin. It's right across the street from Trinity College and so very close to all the great restaurants/pubs/shopping/museums....the list is endless. The accomodations are 1st class along with the service. Great place to stay and I encourage everyone to take advantage of location.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room overlooking Trinity College.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Laurie S thank you for your lovely comments following your visit to us here in the Westin. You are so right we are have a fantastic location for exploring the city of Dublin! Thanks for your nice comments it is very nice of you to say that you think we are 1st class. I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Westin the next time you visit Dublin.
All the Best
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Very pleased w/ the Westin Dublin hotel for it's location, room details (wonderful mattress & shower), pleasant city view, and traditional decor. My only concern was that the hotel was overbooked by "Adventure Disney Tours" so for example, when I dialed the front desk - the phone would just ring & ring w/out being answered or when I went to the bell desk for map directions - nobody was staffing it because they were assisting the large group. A couple of times, I entered the lobby and it was challenging to walk through to the elevator due to all the tour people and their bags. I also received several mis-directed phone calls asking if I was with the "tour". Otherwise, I enjoyed the glass ceiling Mint Bar for tea and a snack and the assistance of the staff on where to eat locally (I loved the suggested nearby "Winding Stair" & "The Pig's Ear" restaurants). Yes, I would elect to stay here again.... hoping that it would be unlikely that the number of guests would overwhelm the hotel's availability a second time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the corner of the building to increase your view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hi ABWAIS and thank you for your great comments after your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am very happy to read that you will be back to stay with us again Thanks for your feedback about the busy lobby area and based on it we are looking at another check in area for our guests who join us in groups. Which we hope will help everyone. I am delighted that you were happy with the recommendations that you received from our concierge team. I do hope you will be back from San Francisco to enjoy some rest and relaxation with us here in the Westin.
San Anselmo, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Having never been to Dublin, I felt some of my normal standards regarding hospitality may be different than in the US. I'm in a foreign country which means there will be some kind of surprise-- good or not. The Westin Dublin is in a great location for tourists and business travelers being yards from the Temple Bar --bar-restaurant scene, Trinity University and the main shopping area of central Dublin.

The building is old but has been modernized. The lobby is nice but nothing notable comes to mind. We are a family of three so had an upgraded standard which had a king and a nice twin. We had our stuff in every available spot but didn't find it objectionable. Our room faced the street and had a window that opened partially-- this is a very important feature for us because we like fresh air for sleeping. The bathroom was nice-- another important factor in judging a hotel for me.

The bathroom had a floor that I covet-- 10x10 pillow cut in Carrera marble which feels good under your feet-- not shiny or slippery but stylish rustic. A lovely bathtub, decent shower ( not great if you are really tall) with the best hot water and pressure ever, good size sink and best was the lighting and storage capacity. There wasn't a cabinet but there were ledges here and there for all toiletries we had. This is key because my 14 year old has lots of hair products. I love that I could see my pores because the lighting was bright. Greta bath products that smell wonderful. THEY HAVE WASHCLOTHS!!! Yeah. So thrilled about this one little thing.

Dings go to the fitness center for size which was WAY too small and WAY TOO hot. No ventilation!

Staff were all exemplary. Shout out to Sam Heath for helping us before we arrived and upon arrival. Pretty front desk blonde- redhead was genuinely sweet and pleasant! She nailed all the main "arrival details" smoothly and with confidence.

Westin was a highlight of our stay in Ireland.

Room Tip: It stays light for a long time outside so if you need a dark room, ask for an interior courtyard roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hi willylabradoodle I want to thank you for your lovely review after you and your family stayed with us. I am very happy reading your comments and that the Westin was a highlight of your stay in Ireland. Thanks also for the special mention of Samuel he is a great asset to our team and Elena who looked after you on check in. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy the gym but do you know that we have running maps and water and towels for our guests who might like to run outside in this lovely summer weather. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope that you and your family will be back to visit us here in the Westin the next time you visit Dublin.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at this property for 3 days this month. Being a SPG platinum member I get a wide spectrum of treatment by hotel staff. Some barely acknowledge it and some go above and beyond. This was definitely in my top five of all time. From the front desk, to the bellmen, to the restaurant, everyone was amazing. The hotel is in excellent shape. Really top notch all around.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jeremy K,
Thanks so much for your lovely review following you and your partner's stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am delighted to read that we went above and beyond and that we are in your top five hotels. I have shared your comments with the team as it is comments such as these that make the hard work worthwhile.
We look forward to return visit when we will have the chance to look after you again.