“Amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Westport, Connecticut
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The Westin is steps away from Trinity college and a short walk to temple bar and the river. Easily accessible to all types of public transport it's the perfect location. Staff went out of their way to be accommodating and friendly. I asked to switch rooms and they did it immediately. Loves this hotel. Would go back in a minute!

Stayed June 2014
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear DiLo922,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay at The Westin Dublin. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience, taking full advantage of our central location. I am delighted to hear that our team made you feel so welcome.

Again, thank you very much for your review and I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Be Well,
Fred Smits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

A genuine 5 star. If our American friends like it I'm sure I will. I was right. It was exactly the treat I wanted for our anniversary. I love the Trinity area of Dublin anyway and you're between the best shops and visitor sites in Dublin. Grafton St and O'Connell St are a 5 min walk away. Taxi's always at the Westin's door. The Westin Hotel is an amazing building to start. A very friendly bunch of well groomed staff meet you and will bend over backwards to make your time enjoyable. We had a hiccup with the room booking purely because of the third party company I booked with via Trip Advisor. Be careful with "Amoma.com" as what I booked didn't mean the same with the Westin. Book with the Westin's website to be sure. Still, The Westin did their utmost to give us their best with what they had. Rooms are spotless and bathroom massive too. Our queen sized bed was soooo comfy. The Mint Bar had a menu that suited us before our nite out. Delicious food. Staff again were very pleasant. Breakfast was 5* too. Staff again were happy to help. Great service and very quick. We were given a 3pm complimentary checkout which was perfect as our train home was at 4pm. I liked the fact that the staff were smiling. That's important. Good staff make a good Hotel 'great'. Worth the extra for a perfect treat. Thanks Westin.

Room Tip: Book early and use the Westin's website to avoid room type confusion. Very peaceful and quiet ho...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear A W thank you so much for your lovely review following your stay with us. I am delighted to read that we helped you celebrate your anniversary and that the team looked after you and your partner so well, I have passed your lovely comments on to them. I do hope that we will have the chance to be part of your next celebration and help you to relax and enjoy Dublin. Thanks again for such lovely comments.
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Westin Dublin is quite unique. With the Westin brand, you usually get the same, anywhere you are. I love the Westin Dublin because the staff is fantastic, always reaching out to help you and offer tips for your time in the city. You will be step out of the hotel and be within reach to great pubs, shopping, site seeing and more. Take a look online to see the great decor of this hotel and get planning! I booked this hotel the day before I left the U.S. and got a good rate. My only word of caution is that the Atrium Lounge staff needs additional training. The server was unable to make an amaretto and o.j. and then later a courvoisier on ice. Stick to using brand names (Disaronno, etc.) and you shouldn't have any trouble. You will love this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelingGrrr
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hi TravelingGrrr, thank you for your lovely review after you stayed with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am so happy to read that the team reached out to you and helped you to enjoy Dublin. But I am concerned to read that you found the team in the Atrium inexperienced I have passed your comments on to the manager there for her to look into. I do hope that you will be back again and we will have the chance to look after you again.
Be well
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall a positive experience. Loved the old building and accommodations. The location is perfect and close to everything. The rooms are well appointed. We arrived on a red-eye from the States and they actually let us get into our room at 8AM, hours before actual check in time, to nap.

No free continental breakfast, like at the Hilton down the block (which was the most amazing continental breakfast I've ever seen!) and the internet was down more than a few times. many of us were standing around while they tried to get it online. This was four of the five days we were there. Also, there was a misunderstanding with the rooms. We were a party of five and they did not have the correct accommodations reserved so there was a bit of room swapping and juggling but they ultimately made things right and credited my account for our trouble, which was nice. I would stay here again as I sought out the Westin specifically for its higher end experience. This location delivered.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet so no problems there but if you can stay in the two story suite with the loft an...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hhnannies
Hi Hhnannies thank you for your review following your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I would like to thank you for your lovely comments. I am delighted that we were able to accommodate you with an early check-in. I am happy that any problems that occurred during your stay were looked after in a timely fashion and it is great to read that you will be back to stay with us because this is our ultimate goal. Thanks again and I look forward to your return visit.
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great Hotel with perfect city centre location within walking distance of all sights. Wonderful rooms and very attentive staff. Westin at its best - great food adn service but also close to other less expensive restaurants if needed. Would definitely come back when next in Dublin.

Room Tip: Book rooms back from the main street
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Lloyd K I would like to say thank you for your lovely review following your stay with us in the Westin. We are very lucky with our location right her in the centre of Dublin and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it. We look forward to your return visit when we will have the chance to look after you again.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Westin is in the perfect location for visiting Dublin. It's right across the street from Trinity College and so very close to all the great restaurants/pubs/shopping/museums....the list is endless. The accomodations are 1st class along with the service. Great place to stay and I encourage everyone to take advantage of location.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room overlooking Trinity College.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Laurie S thank you for your lovely comments following your visit to us here in the Westin. You are so right we are have a fantastic location for exploring the city of Dublin! Thanks for your nice comments it is very nice of you to say that you think we are 1st class. I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Westin the next time you visit Dublin.
All the Best
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Very pleased w/ the Westin Dublin hotel for it's location, room details (wonderful mattress & shower), pleasant city view, and traditional decor. My only concern was that the hotel was overbooked by "Adventure Disney Tours" so for example, when I dialed the front desk - the phone would just ring & ring w/out being answered or when I went to the bell desk for map directions - nobody was staffing it because they were assisting the large group. A couple of times, I entered the lobby and it was challenging to walk through to the elevator due to all the tour people and their bags. I also received several mis-directed phone calls asking if I was with the "tour". Otherwise, I enjoyed the glass ceiling Mint Bar for tea and a snack and the assistance of the staff on where to eat locally (I loved the suggested nearby "Winding Stair" & "The Pig's Ear" restaurants). Yes, I would elect to stay here again.... hoping that it would be unlikely that the number of guests would overwhelm the hotel's availability a second time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the corner of the building to increase your view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi ABWAIS and thank you for your great comments after your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am very happy to read that you will be back to stay with us again Thanks for your feedback about the busy lobby area and based on it we are looking at another check in area for our guests who join us in groups. Which we hope will help everyone. I am delighted that you were happy with the recommendations that you received from our concierge team. I do hope you will be back from San Francisco to enjoy some rest and relaxation with us here in the Westin.
Be well