“Great location”

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #11 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights.superb location in city center. Good room with view of Fleet Street .very comfortable bed.
Staff very attentive and courteous.reasonable prices in bar and restaurant with good service and food quality.day concierge staff very helpful with advice and directions.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gloria S
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay at The Westin Dublin. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team were so helpful and accommodating to you.

Thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Fred Smits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The Westin is conveniently located in the heart of Dublin, across the street from Trinity College and within walking distance to all the major landmarks and “must-sees” of the city.

We were too early to check in when we arrived at 10AM but Yellena, at the front desk, collected our suitcases and had the bellhop store them. Within a couple of hours, we received a phone call from her letting us know our room was ready. When we returned to the hotel, Yellena was so excited to let us know she upgraded us to a superior king size room and wished us well on our 26th wedding anniversary. She checked us in quickly and informed us all our suitcases were already brought to our room.

The room was very spacious with a touch of modern luxury. The bathroom was immense, as well. After walking all day, it was a treat to just soak and relax in the tub. My husband and I had a restful sleep on the heavenly bed and pillows.

Everything at the hotel was above par from the location, the lobby, the restaurant, the amenities and the room but what makes the Westin the best in Dublin is the outstanding staff who makes you feel welcome as soon as you set your foot in the door.

1 Thank luv2trvl09NY
Dear luv2trvl09NY,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your lovely review about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you both had such a good experience at The Westin Dublin. It is always so great to hear such positive feedback about our team, I am delighted they made you feel so welcome. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the whole team.

I greatly appreciate your feedback, and I hope to welcome you both back to The Westin Dublin soon!

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

A great hotel in the center of Dublin. The staff was extremely helpful and welcomed us the minute we approached the hotel. The hotel's central location made it possible to walk to all attractions, great restaurants and shopping. The rooms were well equipped with coffee/tea and the beds were extremely comfortable.
My only complaint was the charge for internet. I had just finished a coach tour of Ireland and every hotel we stayed in had free wifi. I was a bit surprised to find the Westin had a fee to use their internet.
The front desk was very accommodating and I would definitely stay at the Westin again.

Dear hawaii_or_bust_99,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review on your experience at The Westin Dublin, it is greatly appreciated. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our central location in the center of Dublin. It is great that you enjoyed our very comfortable beds - they truly are heavenly!

Again, thank you very much for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The Westin is steps away from Trinity college and a short walk to temple bar and the river. Easily accessible to all types of public transport it's the perfect location. Staff went out of their way to be accommodating and friendly. I asked to switch rooms and they did it immediately. Loves this hotel. Would go back in a minute!

Stayed June 2014
Dear DiLo922,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay at The Westin Dublin. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience, taking full advantage of our central location. I am delighted to hear that our team made you feel so welcome.

Again, thank you very much for your review and I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

A genuine 5 star. If our American friends like it I'm sure I will. I was right. It was exactly the treat I wanted for our anniversary. I love the Trinity area of Dublin anyway and you're between the best shops and visitor sites in Dublin. Grafton St and O'Connell St are a 5 min walk away. Taxi's always at the Westin's door. The Westin Hotel is an amazing building to start. A very friendly bunch of well groomed staff meet you and will bend over backwards to make your time enjoyable. We had a hiccup with the room booking purely because of the third party company I booked with via Trip Advisor. Be careful with "Amoma.com" as what I booked didn't mean the same with the Westin. Book with the Westin's website to be sure. Still, The Westin did their utmost to give us their best with what they had. Rooms are spotless and bathroom massive too. Our queen sized bed was soooo comfy. The Mint Bar had a menu that suited us before our nite out. Delicious food. Staff again were very pleasant. Breakfast was 5* too. Staff again were happy to help. Great service and very quick. We were given a 3pm complimentary checkout which was perfect as our train home was at 4pm. I liked the fact that the staff were smiling. That's important. Good staff make a good Hotel 'great'. Worth the extra for a perfect treat. Thanks Westin.

Room Tip: Book early and use the Westin's website to avoid room type confusion. Very peaceful and quiet ho...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear A W thank you so much for your lovely review following your stay with us. I am delighted to read that we helped you celebrate your anniversary and that the team looked after you and your partner so well, I have passed your lovely comments on to them. I do hope that we will have the chance to be part of your next celebration and help you to relax and enjoy Dublin. Thanks again for such lovely comments.
All the best
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Westin Dublin is quite unique. With the Westin brand, you usually get the same, anywhere you are. I love the Westin Dublin because the staff is fantastic, always reaching out to help you and offer tips for your time in the city. You will be step out of the hotel and be within reach to great pubs, shopping, site seeing and more. Take a look online to see the great decor of this hotel and get planning! I booked this hotel the day before I left the U.S. and got a good rate. My only word of caution is that the Atrium Lounge staff needs additional training. The server was unable to make an amaretto and o.j. and then later a courvoisier on ice. Stick to using brand names (Disaronno, etc.) and you shouldn't have any trouble. You will love this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelingGrrr
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hi TravelingGrrr, thank you for your lovely review after you stayed with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am so happy to read that the team reached out to you and helped you to enjoy Dublin. But I am concerned to read that you found the team in the Atrium inexperienced I have passed your comments on to the manager there for her to look into. I do hope that you will be back again and we will have the chance to look after you again.
Be well
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall a positive experience. Loved the old building and accommodations. The location is perfect and close to everything. The rooms are well appointed. We arrived on a red-eye from the States and they actually let us get into our room at 8AM, hours before actual check in time, to nap.

No free continental breakfast, like at the Hilton down the block (which was the most amazing continental breakfast I've ever seen!) and the internet was down more than a few times. many of us were standing around while they tried to get it online. This was four of the five days we were there. Also, there was a misunderstanding with the rooms. We were a party of five and they did not have the correct accommodations reserved so there was a bit of room swapping and juggling but they ultimately made things right and credited my account for our trouble, which was nice. I would stay here again as I sought out the Westin specifically for its higher end experience. This location delivered.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet so no problems there but if you can stay in the two story suite with the loft an...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hhnannies
Hi Hhnannies thank you for your review following your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I would like to thank you for your lovely comments. I am delighted that we were able to accommodate you with an early check-in. I am happy that any problems that occurred during your stay were looked after in a timely fashion and it is great to read that you will be back to stay with us because this is our ultimate goal. Thanks again and I look forward to your return visit.
All the best