“Prime location”

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
San Francisco, California
“Prime location”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel has a stately exterior; inside, the lobby is a bit bland, and the hotel rooms a little small, a little stuffy, and the walls a little thin (at certain places, you can hear your neighbours watching the TV). The TV is difficult to operate, with a spotty remote, and there's no dazzling scenic views from the windows, or really any views outside at all (our room had a window, unlike many others, but it faced inside the building to the inner courtyard). The service is pleasant, and accommodating. While the room itself is not a great place to lounge, the atrium on the mezzanine floor, just a red-carpeted staircase away from the lobby, is very relaxing, with a sprawl of broad, velvety armchairs and loveseats surrounding ornate coffee tables. Early in the morning and late at night, before large amounts of people descend, is the best time to go, and grab a snack or a cup of coffee. The space is pleasant and roomy, with a high glass ceiling. The friendliest members of the Westin's staff work here.
The best feature of the Westin Dublin is its location. An urban, artsy Starbucks is located just down the street if you're feeling homesick, and a tourist center is just across. The hotel is also right smack dab in the center of the city, and it's a walking distance away from almost anything in this very pedestrian city, including the most popular spot, Trinity College.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hi everlasting_atlas Thank you for your recent review of our hotel following your stay at The Westin, Dublin. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us however I am sorry that you were unhappy with your room and that you were dissatisfied with your view. It is great to read that you enjoyed a quiet moment in the Atrium and would recommend it to other guests. And you are so right we are very lucky with our location we are perfectly placed to enjoy the sights and sounds of Dublin city. I hope you will be back to stay with us again the next time you visit Dublin.
Fred Smits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Loved this hotel! I am loyal to the Starwood brand, but sometimes Westins can be hit or miss. This was definitely a hit! This is a cozy building tucked into the heart of Dublin, right in the middle of everything. You can walk out the door and see all of the tourist attractions on foot. Right across from temple bar, but not loud at all - my room was facing Trinity. So nice to come back to at the end of a long day. I especially loved the breakfast, it was really outstanding. If I go back to Dublin, I would happily reserve here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hi TravelchickNYC, thanks for you lovely comments, I am delighted that we were a hit for you! I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our location and enjoy exploring Dublin. I was glad to read your special mention of our breakfast I have passed your comments on to the team there and they are very happy to receive them. I do hope that you will be back to stay with us here I the Westin the next time you visit Dublin from New York.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

As per all my (many!) Westin hotel visits across the world - before becoming a Trip Advisor member - service, friendliness, cleanliness, hospitality and knowledge of the staff here was excellent. As a result, I ONLY choose to stay in Westin hotels where they are available as their standards are excellent. Nothing was too much trouble, questions (even the ridiculous!) were answered helpfully and courteously, with a smile and the rooms were spotless! Also possibly one of the best European breakfasts my family have ever experienced with everything 'expected' available .....and more! Central .location was a huge plus, with Temple Bar literally seconds away and all main attractions I wanted my family to see within very easy access. A truly highly recommended hotel which I will definitely visit again if I am passing through or visiting Dublin.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hi Sharmini S It is lovely to read your comments and to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I am so happy that nothing was too much trouble for the team and I have passed your comments on. I am delighted that your experience means that you will be back to stay with us here in The Westin, as this is our ultimate goal! Thanks again and I do look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Dublin.
All the best
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Not you typical Westin. Very nice hotel, super clean rooms, great staff and probable the best cup of coffee from room service I ever had. This property is located right in the middle of the city and is close to most of the action in Dublin.

Room ( no suite UPG for SPG Plat ) was very nice & super clean. Absolutely great room service and best cup of coffee I've ever had. Great staff at both bars, front desk & bellman.

Room Tip: Had a room facing the street. Decent view and a little noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bn8on
Hi bn8on, thanks for taking the time to share you lovely comments with us following your stay here in the Westin Dublin.
I am delighted to see you mention so may of the team a people who looked after you during you stay. I have shared your comments with them and they are delighted to receive feed back such as yours. I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Westin the next time you visit Dublin from Dallas.
Slan agus Beannacht
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was really surprised to find my experience at this very nice property so terrible. The hotel is in a great location with a beautiful lobby but the customer service fell completely apart thereafter. The toilet did not work and had to call the front desk three times in order to inform them. It is embarrassing to call the front desk because you can not flush everything down the toilet. The service just made the toilet flush but nothing else worked nor was the problem resolved or a proper follow-up. The bed was the smallest bed I have seen for such a hotel. When my partner checked out they claimed it was 180cm by 200 which is completely false as we own such a bed and know the bed was no larger than 160cm. When challenged to go measure the bed the front desk swallowed their words and were quite (honesty is the best policy at the end of the day!) The bed was of poor quality and we kept sinking into the middle each and every night. I believe since I used points and paid for only one night with cash they did not care about our experience and gave us one of the smallest rooms with only one chair. I travel frequently for work and for leisure and have not had such an experience at such a hotel in a very long time which was magnified by how they handled the situation. Do not ask how our experience was if you do not care really at the end of the day....

Room Tip: Ask them the size in cm of the bed and the size of the room!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mbryant73
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have stayed in the Westin Dublin in Feb 2014, hotel is well presented & great location for bars, however I won't be staying here ever again as their handling of the Garth Brooks saga has left a bad taste in my mouth. I will never be recommending the hotel to anyone else.

The other major hotels in Dublin are giving refunds to customer impacted by Dublin city councils decision to block concerts...I think I'll be staying with them in future.

The Westin would not even consider moving the reservation to a different date. Was booked as a Mother's Day present and between them Dublin city council & The Westin Dublin have ruined her trip away.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AmyG00021
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear AmyG00021 thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am sorry that you are one of the thousands of unhappy fans of Garth Brooks who will not be able to enjoy going to see him perform. I am sorry that you are considering not coming from Belfast to visit us and enjoy the many alternative promotions and events being planned for last week in July here in Dublin. There are many other events that you and your Mum could visit and we would be delighted to have you as our guest. I do hope that you will change your mind and join us here in the Westin; we would very much like to look after you and your Mother for her special celebration. If you would like to speak with me directly please do contact me and I would be delighted to hear from you and help you make a memorable stay for your Mother.
Kind regards
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I travel for business and stay at a Westin whenever possible because they appreciate my business, which is demostrated by their staff at check in and I know what to expect, regardless of the country I'm in. North American versus European hotels are very different. European hotels have much smaller rooms, beds, bathrooms and rarely have air conditioning. I'm from North America and accustomed to larger rooms with AC. The Dublin Westin is perfectly located in Dublin and you can walk to anything. When you get back to your hotel, it's like coming home. I highly recommend the Westin chain, but if you're in Dublin, you won't be disappointed with this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kate G
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hi Kate G and thank you for your lovely comments I am very happy to read that we are your home away form home, it is how we want our guests to feel. I am delighted that your experience means that you will be back to stay with us here when you visit Dublin for business. You are so right we are very lucky with our location within walking distance of everything in Dublin. I look forward to your return visit.