“Great service”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The folks in the hotel were very attentive. Sometimes chain hotels in big cities can lack charm and service, but not here. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable. The gym was simple and small, but functional to get a workout. The location was excellent ending right across from the Temple Bar area and close to many major attractions. Even so, it was not overly noisy or crowded. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hi Travellingglobal thank you so much for your lovely review after you stayed with us. It is very nice to read comments such as yours and it makes all our hard work worthwhile. I am very happy that you found the team to be attentive. Its great to read that you would recommend us I want to thank you for that. I hope we will have a chance to welcome back again to the Westin Dublin.
Slan agus Beannacht

There are newer reviews for The Westin Dublin

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here on our first two nights in Ireland. Couldn't have been nicer. The location is right in the middle of most of the things we wanted to do. Walked everywhere we went. Within a block of Trinity College.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Tom_and_Connie thank you for your kind words and for sharing them with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our fantastic location here in the centre of Dublin. I hope you enjoyed your trip around Ireland and had a safe trip home.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I have always wanted to stay in the Westin so I booked it for my visit to the Capital to see Garth Brooks. Unfortunately as this isn't going ahead I contacted the hotel to see what they could do. They informed me that they couldn't do anything to help. They wouldn't consider to reschedule my booking or provide a gift voucher. It's shocking that they have such a ridiculous level of understanding. Their sheer greed has now completely put me off this hotel. I Won't be considering or recommending them for any events that take place in the city in future.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Paddy G
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear trip advisor member, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Our reservation team has been in contact with all the guests who had reservations to stay with us for the Garth Brooks concert. They have provided refunds for all those guests who didn't want to come and stay, I would ask you to contact me directly so I can pass along your details to them as it appears that somehow they have missed you. If you can send me your details to fred.smits@westin.com I will pass them along, I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel has a stately exterior; inside, the lobby is a bit bland, and the hotel rooms a little small, a little stuffy, and the walls a little thin (at certain places, you can hear your neighbours watching the TV). The TV is difficult to operate, with a spotty remote, and there's no dazzling scenic views from the windows, or really any views outside at all (our room had a window, unlike many others, but it faced inside the building to the inner courtyard). The service is pleasant, and accommodating. While the room itself is not a great place to lounge, the atrium on the mezzanine floor, just a red-carpeted staircase away from the lobby, is very relaxing, with a sprawl of broad, velvety armchairs and loveseats surrounding ornate coffee tables. Early in the morning and late at night, before large amounts of people descend, is the best time to go, and grab a snack or a cup of coffee. The space is pleasant and roomy, with a high glass ceiling. The friendliest members of the Westin's staff work here.
The best feature of the Westin Dublin is its location. An urban, artsy Starbucks is located just down the street if you're feeling homesick, and a tourist center is just across. The hotel is also right smack dab in the center of the city, and it's a walking distance away from almost anything in this very pedestrian city, including the most popular spot, Trinity College.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hi everlasting_atlas Thank you for your recent review of our hotel following your stay at The Westin, Dublin. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us however I am sorry that you were unhappy with your room and that you were dissatisfied with your view. It is great to read that you enjoyed a quiet moment in the Atrium and would recommend it to other guests. And you are so right we are very lucky with our location we are perfectly placed to enjoy the sights and sounds of Dublin city. I hope you will be back to stay with us again the next time you visit Dublin.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Loved this hotel! I am loyal to the Starwood brand, but sometimes Westins can be hit or miss. This was definitely a hit! This is a cozy building tucked into the heart of Dublin, right in the middle of everything. You can walk out the door and see all of the tourist attractions on foot. Right across from temple bar, but not loud at all - my room was facing Trinity. So nice to come back to at the end of a long day. I especially loved the breakfast, it was really outstanding. If I go back to Dublin, I would happily reserve here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hi TravelchickNYC, thanks for you lovely comments, I am delighted that we were a hit for you! I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our location and enjoy exploring Dublin. I was glad to read your special mention of our breakfast I have passed your comments on to the team there and they are very happy to receive them. I do hope that you will be back to stay with us here I the Westin the next time you visit Dublin from New York.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

As per all my (many!) Westin hotel visits across the world - before becoming a Trip Advisor member - service, friendliness, cleanliness, hospitality and knowledge of the staff here was excellent. As a result, I ONLY choose to stay in Westin hotels where they are available as their standards are excellent. Nothing was too much trouble, questions (even the ridiculous!) were answered helpfully and courteously, with a smile and the rooms were spotless! Also possibly one of the best European breakfasts my family have ever experienced with everything 'expected' available .....and more! Central .location was a huge plus, with Temple Bar literally seconds away and all main attractions I wanted my family to see within very easy access. A truly highly recommended hotel which I will definitely visit again if I am passing through or visiting Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hi Sharmini S It is lovely to read your comments and to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I am so happy that nothing was too much trouble for the team and I have passed your comments on. I am delighted that your experience means that you will be back to stay with us here in The Westin, as this is our ultimate goal! Thanks again and I do look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Dublin.
All the best

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Not you typical Westin. Very nice hotel, super clean rooms, great staff and probable the best cup of coffee from room service I ever had. This property is located right in the middle of the city and is close to most of the action in Dublin.

Room ( no suite UPG for SPG Plat ) was very nice & super clean. Absolutely great room service and best cup of coffee I've ever had. Great staff at both bars, front desk & bellman.

Room Tip: Had a room facing the street. Decent view and a little noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bn8on

Hi bn8on, thanks for taking the time to share you lovely comments with us following your stay here in the Westin Dublin.
I am delighted to see you mention so may of the team a people who looked after you during you stay. I have shared your comments with them and they are delighted to receive feed back such as yours. I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Westin the next time you visit Dublin from Dallas.
Slan agus Beannacht