“Great Stay”

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
New York City, New York
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I am very picky when it comes to where I stay, and more often than not I am often disappointed in the price vs. quality of most European hotels.

I am happy to say that after a two night stay this past week, I can confirm that the Westin Dublin deserves 5 stars!

Location: Perfect. 5 minutes to Trinity College, Grafton, Temple Bar, and pretty much any other centrally located attraction one could think of.

Room: The Westin is part of Amex's Fine Hotel and Resorts program, which is often the service we use when booking our hotels. We booked a deluxe room and were upgraded to a two story suite per the FHR deal. From the winding staircase to the beautiful sitting room to the balcony, I have nothing negative to say. The room was also spotless, which is always a huge thing for me.

Service: Top notch. Everyone was super friendly and helpful, check-in and check-out was a breeze, and I loved the added note on each name tag of what the individual's "passion" is. Such a great conversation starter.

A few minor negatives: room service food is rather bland and (as always) overpriced. Avoid it. Also, our duvet had a blood stain on it but that problem was quickly remedied by the cleaning staff.

Overall: I highly recommend this hotel. I've had great luck with Westins around the world. Definitely my go-to hotel when traveling.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear ameenadin, thank you so much for your lovely comments following your two night stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. It is great to read that you would highly recommend us, thanks for that! I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your in room dining, I have passed your comments on to our executive chef and he is looking into the menu options that are available. So I hope that the next time you visit it will be just right for you. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Westin again.
Slan agus Beannacht
Fred Smits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
Dublin
Reviewed 6 August 2014

First we only stayed for one night and did not avail of any of the hotels Food and Beverage options, It is primarily a city centre business hotel with internal rooms facing an internal sealed court yard. Rooms are of the class you would expect with Westin group and the service we experienced was efficient.
As this is a city hotel we requested an internal court yard room to avoid the street noise, this worked well for us however I am not sure if the windows opened, this was not a big deal for us but may be for some people.
Room was quiet and air con worked, usual corridor noise but could not hear anything through the walls.
great location for city walks and seemed to have a decent foor offering.

Room Tip: Internal rooms look onto a court yard and avoid street noise, but no view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank voproductions
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hi voproductions, thanks for taking the time to share your comments following your stay with us here in the Westin. I am happy to read that you were pleased with your accommodations, however I see that you have only given us three stars and I wonder how we could have done better? If you would like to discuss this further please do get in contact with me I would be delighted to speak with you in person. Thanks again for taking the time to post your review, I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just had my birthday weekend in Dublin. Stayed at the Westin Dublin. Lovely stay! Check in was quick and staff very polite. We were upgraded to a city view room on the second floor. Room was very clean, spacious and cosy. When we arrived to the room a cake was sent up, which was really nice of them! We ordered room service and even though it was just after 22h30, the kind staff allowed us to order from the normal menu as the night time menu kicks in at 22h30. We had the tomato soup as a starter and created our own salads as a main. We also had a bottle of sauvignon blanc from New Zealand. The food and drinks arrived quite quickly and the presentation was lovely. Best room service I have had in a long time. Bed was very comfortable. Westin beds are the best! Staff was kind enough to give us a late check out on the Sunday at 1pm. Wifi free in the lobby but paid for in the room. Location great, right opposite Trinity College and various bus stops. Concierge very good and friendly too. Hope to return soon, thanks for a lovely stay!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi amroid22 I am delighted that we were part of your birthday celebration, and that the team looked after you so well. Thanks for all your lovely comments and I have shared them with the team. I do hope you will be back again and we can be part of your next big celebration, we very much look forward to having the pleasure of looking after you again in the not too distant future.
sion mills
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Westin on Westmoreland street could not be more convenient to Temple Bar, Trinity College and all the street vendors. The hotel itself is beautiful and staff more than attentive when asked questions. Would definately recommend and stay again

Room Tip: We had a Deluxe twin room which provided 2 double beds. Beautiful !
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hi jeanoSionMills, thanks for your lovely comments following your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am delighted that you would recommend us and that your visit means that you will be back again. Its great to read that the team were attentive to you and your friends during your stay. We look forward to your return visit.
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I started our trip to Ireland in Dublin. This hotel is in a great central location,near to Temple Bar, the River and Trinity College.
The staff were quite accomadating, we got our room early, and the concierge was very helpful in his advice.
The rooms are comfortable and well equipped. The breakfast in the Exchange restaurant is expensive, and the charge for in room wifi seems unreasonable.
Overall a very good choice for a Dublin stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear IanT thanks for your comments following your stay with us here in the Westin, I am delighted to read that the team were able to accommodate you and your wife with an early check in. Its great to read that the team looked after you both during your stay and I do hope that you enjoyed your trip around Ireland. I am delighted that you would recommend us and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you both back again the next time you visit Dublin.
Slan agus Beannacht
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night here for business. As I was arriving in the morning I had planned to go to the gym until my room would be ready.

Surprise, the gym doesn't look as on the pictures... It is a room without windows and just few exercising tools. No place where you could change... Nor shower...

I had also checked out the "spa"... It is located in front of the elevator and is so small that everything is squeezed in... But the service there was good!

The room I got was on the 4th floor with a window but no view as there is a wall until half height...

Overall very good located, but if you travel often for business probably not the best option...

The curry in the bar lower level was great! And also a very good service there.

Average because things aren't as they look. And because this doesn't come up to the expectations you have for such a hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Hi mitochi and thank you for your review following your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am sorry that you felt that your stay was only average, and were unhappy with some aspects of your stay. However I am glad that you did enjoy a bite to eat tin the Mint and found our location to be convenient . If you would like to discuss this further please do get in contact with me directly, and I would be happy to speak with you. Thank you again for your comments and I do hope that your trip back to Switzerland was a safe and comfortable one.
Be well
CT, USA
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

After traveling over night it was wonderful to arrive to a clean and comfortable stay at the Westin. We were able to get into 1 of our 2 rooms early which made things easier for all of us. Location was great, we walked around easily to pubs, restaurants, trinity college and shopping. The doorman was very kind and helpful. It was a bit disappointing that of all 6 places we stayed while in Ireland (and by double the most expensive) it was the only place to charge for WIFI. overall this was a great starting point for our Ireland vacation.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear 6inourfamily, thank you for taking the time to share your comments following you and your family's stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am delighted to read that you were all happy with your accommodations and were able to take advantage of our location right here in the centre of Dublin city. I hope you all enjoyed your trip around Ireland and had a safe trip back to the US.