“Perfect Location”

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Prospect, Kentucky
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

What you would expect from a Westin - nice room, friendly staff. The hotel is centrally located to all the attractions in Dublin....it is steps away from Trinity College and Temple Bar. Only surprise was WIFI was not free.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Hello JenSchoen and thank you for taking the time to share your comments after you and your family stayed with us here in the Westin Dublin. It is great to read your comments that you all enjoyed your stay and the team were helpful and friendly. I hope that you were able to avail of our complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby areas and in the restaurants and the bar. I hope that your trip home to Kentucky was a comfortable and pleasant one and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin again.
Slan agus Beannacht
Fred Smits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We used points to stay at this hotel, which was our primary reason for choosing it, but the location is great - it's right next to Trinity College with easy access to Temple Bar and Grafton Street. It's a Westin, so the hotel itself is nice. We were in a library suite which was spectacular. The hotel bar is fine although it's off the beaten track, so it's mainly hotel guests. No big deal though since there are tons of great bars and restaurants nearby. It's a perfect hotel if you want to be out exploring Dublin.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hi slnoonanj and thank you for your lovely comments after you and your family stayed with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am delighted that you were able to benefit from our great location, we are perfectly placed for you to enjoy all the fantastic sights of Dublin. I am glad to read that you were happy with your accommodations. I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Westin and to Dublin in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We went in for a beer on Thursday but ended up having the most awesome drinks we have had on our trip to Ireland. The Staff where knowledgeable and well trained in the mint bar. The hotel was spotlessly clean, staff friendly especially the bar staff.
We will definitely return to this bar and hopefully stay a night or two.

Room Tip: if you like gin youll love this bar.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi kathy it is lovely to read your review and to read that you enjoyed your visit to the Mint bar on our 'Gin and Jazz' night and I am very happy that you had such a great time. I have shared your comments with the team in the Mint and they are delighted to hear them. We look forward to welcoming you for a visit with us here in the Westin. Thanks again for your lovely comments.
All the best
edinburgh
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great hotel in Central Dublin. Very spacious rooms . Great staff .! my only bad point is that in 2014 a 5 star hotel should Not be charging for wifi . This would not stop me from staying in this hotel again .

2 Thank jamesmurphyEdinburgh
Hi jamesmurphyEdinburgh, and thank you so much for your nice comments following your stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. I am sorry to read that you are unhappy with the cost of Wi-Fi during your stay. I am sure that the team told you about our complimentary Wi-Fi available to all our guests in the restaurants and the lobby areas, however our aim is to provide high quality internet to our guests. I look forward to welcoming back to the Westin the next time you visit Dublin from Edinburgh.
All the best
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel is located a few yards from Trinity College. A couple of blocks from Grafton Street and four blocks from the Temple Bar district. If you want to be in central Dublin, without the noise of the busy night life, this is the place to be. Rooms are relatively large for European standards. Breakfast is very good. Concierge help is limited.

1 Thank GabrielL105
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hi Gabriel L, thank you so much for your lovely comments following you stay with us here in the Westin Dublin. It’s great that you liked your room and enjoyed the hotel and our great location. I am delighted that the team looked after your needs while you were with us. Thanks again and I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Westin the next time you visit Dublin.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

When I rang to book the room in the Westin I asked for a disabled room or fully accessible room for my brother who is completely wheelchair bound. I was told this wouldn't be a problem. However, upon arrival and after checking into the hotel we went up to the disabled room to discover that the bathroom had a bath and not a roll in shower as is customary for fully accessible rooms. I immediately rang down to reception and voiced my concern on the matter only to be told they would send up a stool for the bath as they have no rooms with roll in showers.

This wasn't acceptable. My brother is a fully grown man who cannot walk or lift or hoist himself in or out of precarious situations that a bath would cause and neither I nor my mother would have had the strength to lift him in and out of the bath. Life is hard enough without adding the extra pressure of an unadapted bath into the equation.

I told the staff that it wouldn't be suitable and was told that I could look at a room that had a normal walk in shower in it to see if that would be suitable. I obliged and was shown what seemed to be a very lovely room that would suit anyone who wasn't disabled. Again I explained it wasn't suitable, the shower cubicle was far too small and with a step up into the shower (no matter how small) the situation was impossible.

The girl I was speaking to was very lovely and very apologetic and informed us she would ring The Shelbourne to see if they had rooms (with roll in showers) we could book into, which luckily they did.

While the hotel is beautiful and the staff very friendly I cannot express how disappointed I was in this experience. It's 2014 and for a hotel to not have suitable facilities for someone in a wheelchair is beyond unacceptable. All I can conclude from this experience is that the Westin in Dublin is fostering an attitude of exclusion and prejudice for those among us who have disabilities. And I can say without hesitation that I will never stay in this hotel again and will advise those I know to avoid it in the future also, unless they find a way around the issue.

1 Thank BilindaS
Dear BilindaS thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us following your experience with us. I am so sorry to read that your brother was unable to stay with us because we were unable to provide a fully accessible room. I can understand your upset and frustration and I would very much like to speak with you in person. I do hope that you will to get in contact with me directly and I look forward to speaking with you in person.
Kind regards
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is situated in a great location for visiting various attractions and not too far I imagine from commercial area either.

Westin has been great in my European travels. The staff here was excellent at front desk, concierge, and restaurants.

Rooms are clean.

I don't have a comparison to judge against in Dublin but enjoyed the stay here.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear ADfromLA thank you for taking the time to share you comments with us following your stay with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you. We are very lucky with our location and I am delighted that you benefited from that. I do hope that you will be back again to stay.