“Where you want to be in Dublin!”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Chicago, Illinois
“Where you want to be in Dublin!”
Reviewed 18 October 2009

The Westin, located in an old bank building is situated right where you want to be - within walking distance of almost every tourist and shopping or business site in Dublin (you'll need a cab or city bus to the Phoenix Park). The hotel is lovely. The room was large enough and the service perfect. The bed was the best thing after a long flight and certainly after a long day of sight seeing. It is a perfect Westin. The staff are knowledgeable and helpful.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 October 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Westin Dublin on the first & last nights of an 8 day vacation that we took driving around Ireland. I was eager about staying at this hotel having read all the great reviews, and as SPG Gold individual had high expecatations. Well, I must say the location is fantastic as others have pointed out. But outside of the great positive of the location, there were just too many other issues that still resonate with me. First, valet parking is 25 euros. Unfortunately there is no real choice for self park nearby, so we were a bit handcuffed by their fee. Second, I booked a KING size bedroom for both nights, but each time I was instead given very small QUEEN bedroom. I complained both times and both times I was told that they did not have any remaining KINGS. I even showed a printout of my reservation indicating the bed was a KING, but I was still turned away. How could this possibly have happened? I was never given an adquate explanation or provided with a resolution. Third, I wasn't given a room on the Starwood Preferred floor with the extra perks (complimentary water, free paper, turndown service) even though I am Gold. When I asked about this the front desk simply told me that they could bring me free waters. This did little to appese us. Fourth, my reservation also indicated atrium views of the interior of the hotel (looked beautiful from other member photos), yet we were given a view of construction at the ajacent building for our first stay. Overall these factors left me with a negative impression of the hotel. Besides the location, the service, the rooms, and the bait & switch tactics were all dissapointing and unpleasant. On my next trip to Dublin I'm tempted to opt for the Shelburne.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lilroy0
Reviewed 11 October 2009

It's a Westin. It's a great hotel in a great location

Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Washington, DC
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I stayed 2 nights at the Westin Dublin at the start of my week long trip to Ireland. I arrived before the room was ready for check-in (I was really early) and the staff were really great getting me checked in, taking my baggage into storage for a few hours, and helping me figure out how to get to Temple Bar (it was Saturday so there was a great farmers market to try). The location was amazing - right next to Trinity College, Temple Bar, and near the top of Grafton Street. The rooms are all interesting - not cookie cutter at all since it is an old bank building. It was clean, luxurious, and had character. We had a drink at the bar one night in the old basement area - and they were doing swing dancing and music that was really nice. I didn't eat at the restaurants at all - but overall, it was a really great experience.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CalypsoW
Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We attended a business dinner at the hotel and stayed the night. Excellent location, food and spacious and comforable rooms. Everything you would expect from a five star centrally located hotel in Dublin and a little bit more.

Had a cocktail in "The Mint" bar which is supposed to be a good place to hang out in Dublin at the weekends. It was a bit quiet but it was a Monday night. Cocktails were good as was the decor. Young vibe about the place.

Beds were really comfortable and there was no noise which is surprising given that the hotel is right in the center of the city.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Murray007
Reviewed 27 September 2009

I cashed in some Starpoints to stay here for five nights. I doubt there is a hotel with a better location anywhere in Dublin. It is across the street from Trinity College in one direction, and Temple Bar area in another.

The hotel itself is what you would expect from a Westin. One thing I would say is that the concierges here are not particularly helpful. They're not bad, I just wouldn't rely on them to provide you with restaurant / tourism advice.

One helpful item: There are express buses from the airpot that drop off directly across the street from the hotel (not the Airlink buses). Don't go to the tourist info desk at the airport to buy tickets. Go straight out the airport doors and you can get tickets there. Again, this is NOT the airlink or airpass buses.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 24 September 2009

All the employees we encountered at this central Dublin hotel really went out of their way to assist and to answer questions. Front desk staff was especially helpful. We had a few special requests, and they were all handled swiftly and cheerfully. It made our stay there highly enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple