“Lovely Hotel, a real treat”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Lovely city hotel , in an excellent location. Staff are really great and very well trained.
Food was lovely , we ate in their cellar bar and very happy with food and service.
Cant wait to return, Oh I nearly forgot, The beds are truly Heavenly!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 October 2009

We stayed there using Starwood points and we were quite pleased with the Westin. It is in a beautiful historic building that is well kept, and our room was cozy and well appointed. The location is great, and I highly recommend grabbing lunch at the nearby restaurant GRUEL, which is fantastic. Our only complaint is that the service was mediocre, but considering we stayed there for free using points, it didn't trouble us much. I'd stay there again if I returned to Dublin.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2009

The Westin Dublin is fabulously convenient to everything one wishes to see in Dublin and extremely noisy, most noticeably in the wee hours of the night. This is due to being on one of the streets opposite the Temple Bar area. We were there during the off season and even on weekdays there was revelry beneath us at 2 and 3am. I counted about 4 wailing sirens one night. Everything else was great. Soaking tub was nice- read James Joyce in there when I couldn't get back to sleep. Jet lag had a lot to do with that. Beautiful breakfast buffet, but you are right down the steet from the famous Bewley's Cafe on Grafton. Loved the ambience of the Mint bar down in the basement. Trinity College is just across the street and you can see the book of Kells there as well as eat at the Buttery... which serves a nice inexpensive meal.
Business accomodation are very good although we had a hard time with internet at this location.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2009

The Westin, located in an old bank building is situated right where you want to be - within walking distance of almost every tourist and shopping or business site in Dublin (you'll need a cab or city bus to the Phoenix Park). The hotel is lovely. The room was large enough and the service perfect. The bed was the best thing after a long flight and certainly after a long day of sight seeing. It is a perfect Westin. The staff are knowledgeable and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Westin Dublin on the first & last nights of an 8 day vacation that we took driving around Ireland. I was eager about staying at this hotel having read all the great reviews, and as SPG Gold individual had high expecatations. Well, I must say the location is fantastic as others have pointed out. But outside of the great positive of the location, there were just too many other issues that still resonate with me. First, valet parking is 25 euros. Unfortunately there is no real choice for self park nearby, so we were a bit handcuffed by their fee. Second, I booked a KING size bedroom for both nights, but each time I was instead given very small QUEEN bedroom. I complained both times and both times I was told that they did not have any remaining KINGS. I even showed a printout of my reservation indicating the bed was a KING, but I was still turned away. How could this possibly have happened? I was never given an adquate explanation or provided with a resolution. Third, I wasn't given a room on the Starwood Preferred floor with the extra perks (complimentary water, free paper, turndown service) even though I am Gold. When I asked about this the front desk simply told me that they could bring me free waters. This did little to appese us. Fourth, my reservation also indicated atrium views of the interior of the hotel (looked beautiful from other member photos), yet we were given a view of construction at the ajacent building for our first stay. Overall these factors left me with a negative impression of the hotel. Besides the location, the service, the rooms, and the bait & switch tactics were all dissapointing and unpleasant. On my next trip to Dublin I'm tempted to opt for the Shelburne.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lilroy0
Reviewed 11 October 2009

It's a Westin. It's a great hotel in a great location

Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I stayed 2 nights at the Westin Dublin at the start of my week long trip to Ireland. I arrived before the room was ready for check-in (I was really early) and the staff were really great getting me checked in, taking my baggage into storage for a few hours, and helping me figure out how to get to Temple Bar (it was Saturday so there was a great farmers market to try). The location was amazing - right next to Trinity College, Temple Bar, and near the top of Grafton Street. The rooms are all interesting - not cookie cutter at all since it is an old bank building. It was clean, luxurious, and had character. We had a drink at the bar one night in the old basement area - and they were doing swing dancing and music that was really nice. I didn't eat at the restaurants at all - but overall, it was a really great experience.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple