Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
4,394 results
All reviewsknights barfahrenheit grillindigo loungereal castlefour poster bedmodern amenitiescity centreamazing hotelbus stopdublin airportirelandweddingvijayarmourconciergehowtheuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I was at this Hotel last Friday(13/12) for the Company Christmas work outing. As it happened it was an extremely busy night with many other Companies also having their work outings here. The Bar Service was terrible, admittedly the Staff were rushed off their feet but I (and many others) had to go to the Bar myself after waiting almost three quarters of an hour for a round of drinks which never arrived. Whatever about that given the time of year etc, the actual Christmas Dinner arrived minus one course (the salad), the Dinner consisted of "Turkey and Ham", no Roast Potatoes or Sprouts, just Carrots and Turnip. All in all, a very disappointing meal with very poor service indeed. Would not recommend this for any Work related outing and would not use this Hotel again myself.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank beatle901
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to you. I was very disappointed to read your comments as the feedback we have received has overall been very positive. Please could you contact me at your own convenience or email me your phone number and would be more than happy to discuss this with you further. My number is 01 8332321 and my email is mlong@clontarfcastle.ie. Many thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Had the opportunity to stay in Clontarf Castle once again for an overnight recently.
Staff are friendly and willing to go the extra mile. Room was excellent with a huge luxurious bed with plush pillows. Breakfast had ample choice of fresh fruits, pastries, and of course the hot buffet breakfast. The hotel boasts a wonderful atmosphere combining the old castle with contemporary style while never losing it's charm.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I really enjoyed reading your review, it's great to get feedback from a return guest. I'm delighted you find the staff to be so professional as we aim to achieve excellent standards in customer service. Many thanks again for your lovely feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed at the Clontarf Castle lots of times, twice within the last month and will return again soon. Slight hiccup re room but sorted quickly and professionally with Ciara at reception! Love this Hotel, free parking and friendly staff! Keep it up please!

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. We love hearing from return guests and I'm delighted that your feedback is so positive. I'm glad you found the staff to be so professional as we aim to achieve excellent customer service standards. Many thanks again for your feedback on your stay at Clontarf Castle Hotel, we really appreciate it. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again very soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

My Wife and I stayed here for the first night of our Honeymoon before flying out of Dublin Airport the next day. I had done my research and got a good deal; and I was very impressed. As arrival I loved the big entrance gates and the theme which was continued throughout the hotel. The room was very spacious; richly decorated and we were welcomed with a bottle of champagne in the room. We had dinner included in the stay and it was of the high standard you would expect. The restaurant was dimly lit and we enjoyed the romantic surroundings. The staff were all pleasant and very helpful; and it was the stress free; relaxing evening we both wanted.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel and thank you for choosing to stay at the castle as part of your honeymoon. I was delighted to read that the castle provided such a relaxing and romantic setting for your special trip. Many thanks again for your feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience at Clontarf Castle Hotel and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again in the future.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Reading reviews of this hotel, and reading their own website, i expected more from this hotel.. most disappointing was the information that hotel is located only 10 mins from city center... by bus its actually 30 mins! and this route gets very busy, so stops at all stops, and bus can get jam packed. so for a 2 day break we spent 4 hours on the bus, which took the gloss off break. also, the lights didn't work in our room every single time we turned them on.. seems card swipe device was faulty.. even member of staff couldn't get it to work.. he just did as we had, jiggled card about until it powered. also , there seemed to be kids left unattended in room beside us as they were running in and out of room in the early night playing some game, i knew this as its possible to hear every single conversation in hall while in the room with door closed.. very disappointing..but very comfy bed i have to say! For functions it may be good, but can only talk about my experience of short city stay, and have to state never again.. much better options and value for money in the city center itself.. this boy wont be back in this part of town again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lizzylive
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was very disappointed to read that your stay at the castle was not what you expected. Regarding our location, we are approximately a 10 minute drive from the city centre. Bus journeys can be longer as they take different routes with many stops in order to accommodate more people. You have my sincere apologies for the issue with the lights in your room, I will investigate this personally. I'm also very sorry that you were disturbed by other guests. We always recommend that guests tell a member of staff about any disturbance as it is occurring so we can deal with this. Many thanks again for your feedback, we take it on board and it provides us with food for thought.