“One of the most amazing hotels!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clontarf Castle Hotel

Ranked #4 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“One of the most amazing hotels!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Hi my wife and i stayed in this hotel on our wedding night as we were flying from dublin to mexico the following morning....as we arrived the receptionist upgraded us to the top suite....which was amazing.....this place is like no other hotel we have been to....we were just amazed as we walked the the gates of this property....we could not fault this hotel at all....we are actually returning in april for our aniversary....i would highy recommend this hotel to anyone....and is reasonably priced

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aidy c
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was so pleased to read you had such a lovely stay at the castle, particularly as it was your wedding night. I'm delighted our staff ensured you had a lovely room for your special night. Many thanks again for your feedback of your stay at Clontarf Castle Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the castle very soon for your anniversary.

Clontarf Castle Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

The vacation of our dreams would not have been complete without our 2 night stay at the Clontarf Castle Hotel. This was our first overseas vacation that was long in the planning. WE could not have felt more special and welcomed than when we set foot into the Clondarf for a 2 night stay. We were welcomed with a friendly receptionist who gave us all of the information we needed to make the most of our 2 day stay in Dublin. I cannot say enough good about our experience---we were in "awe" the entire time.. Our room was fantastic--a huge bathroom---a wonderful and comfortable bed and a window that opened up to allow us to hear the "rain" coming down, along with a great view. Yes, it rained and drizzled our two days there--we were able to get out and do things, and then come back to the welcoming peaceful atmosphere of the Clondarf. The breakfast was outstanding, with a multitude of cheeses, fruits, cereals, jams, jellies before one ordered their actual breakfast. The staff were absolutely the best and I couldn't have felt more special. I appreciate the fact that I can say I have stayed here---it was a wonderful experience and hope I can make it back to this great place again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was so delighted to read all your lovely comments. It really sounds like you enjoyed your stay at the castle and I'm so glad it made your overseas trip so special. I'm pleased you were so impressed with your accommodation, the food at the castle and all the staff. I'll be sure to pass all your comments on to all the staff.
Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it and would be delighted to have you back at Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future if you return to Dublin.

Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Clontarf Castle was the last of our stays in a great week in Ireland. The hotel really isn't "a castle" per say but the restaurant and lobby inclusion of the original castle is very nice. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very modern and clean. We had no problems getting into and out of the downtown scene. The cabbie was a very special treat on our last night. Love the Irish.
Our only complaint was that our breakfast was buffet and we were there with a huge bus trip and so had a long wait to get "buffet" type breakfast. They could really improve this in comparison to the other 3 "castle hotels" we stayed at.
On the other end of the day. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent and service was also pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was really pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the castle. I'm glad you were impressed with the staff at the hotel and found them to be friendly. We strive to achieve excellent standards in customer service so it's great that you experienced this. You have my sincere apologies that breakfast was so busy during your stay, we are a very popular hotel but we do aim to ensure that this doesn't impact negatively on our service standards. However I completely take your feedback on board and will personally investigate this issue.
Many thanks again for your feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Cupar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Booked as a treat for a weekend in Dublin celebrating three 50th birthdays. Family room perfectly adequate for 3 adults sharing. Hotel placed a wee cake in room and lovely card for us. Reservations team (especially Robert) very good and nothing too much trouble, offered an excellent rate - very easy to make booking and check all in order.
Concierges Chris and Vijay just brilliant - they really DO know everything, and what they dont, they find out.
Bar wonderful, snacks & food very good, but the breakfasts are the best we have ever known, a brilliant feast every day!
Thank you Clontarf, we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted that you had such a lovely group birthday celebration at the hotel. I'm so pleased that all members of staff were so helpful and accommodating. I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to all staff here at the castle. I'm particularly pleased that you think our breakfasts are the best you have ever had. Our guests often compliment the food at the castle and the breakfasts are very popular.
Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it and we very much look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the castle.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Our group of 8 enjoyed a wonderful evening beginning with a brief wedding / renewal of vows, then a tour of the castle, and finishing with an elaborate dinner. The staff were great, very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Infield99
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. It was great to read that you had an enjoyable evening and that you found the staff to be so helpful and accommodating. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to all the staff here. Thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future if you return to Dublin.

Sibiu, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

As I entered the hotel, I was stunned by its beauty, attention to details, cleanness and the hospitality of the staff! I really felt like a princess in this castle, perfectly decorated for a Christmas gathering. The food was incredible (You all should try the hot chicken wings! They are fantastic!) and, with the courtesy of well-intended staff, I enjoyed the week I spent there.
The room was absolutely fabulous, one of the best I ever stayed in!
If you are in Dublin, this the perfect place to be in!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I really enjoyed reading all your feedback, it sounds like you had a great stay at the castle. I'm glad that you were so impressed with the castle. Many thanks again for your feedback on Clontarf Castle Hotel and for your lovely recommendation. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again in the future if you return to Dublin.

ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

i spent the weekend at a family wedding in the clontarf castle.this is a hotel which deserves a 5 star rating. the staff are professional.courteous and efficient. the decor and ambiance are first class and the attention to detail second to none.
our room was comfortable and spotless . the bed was very comfortable with good pillows.the bathroom was a good size with the good quality toiletries.
the hotel was an oasis of warmth and seasonal atmosphere.we ate in the bar on friday night and the food was very good and reasonably priced.
on the morning of the wedding we enjoyed a hearty breakfast and proceeded to our rooms to get ready for the wedding when disaster struck.. my cousin broke the zip on her dress and was really upset. no problem to the staff at clontarf... yvonne got the necessary kit and proceeded to sew my cousin into the dress, devoting considerable time and effort to ensure she was happy and confident to wear the dress all day,,,,,,,,,well done and many thanks, yvonne.
the wedding was conducted with great style and efficency by all the staff and special thanks to the general manager.
the food was delicious and the wine equally so.
i loved my stay ,as you might have guessed by this review but honestly i cannot fault the clontarf castle and would recommend highly. i have booked a short break for my son as i know that he will love it

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rosiemac
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. It's great to get feedback from a guest who was staying with us and attending a wedding at the castle. I was delighted to read all your comments. I was glad you enjoyed the seasonal atmosphere and found the staff to be so helpful. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to Yvonne, who I'm sure will be delighted. Many thanks again for your feedback from your stay at Clontarf Castle Hotel. We really appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.