“Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Hotel”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel is excellent albeit a little out of the town centre it is worth staying here. Rooms are comfy and well appointed. Restaurant is good and the breakfast is great. Staff are all friendly and it is easy to hop on a bus or hail a cab into the centre of town.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheryl H
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable break with us at the castle. I was particularly pleased to read that you were impressed with the staff and your meals. I'll be sure to pass all your comments on to the team here. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again in the future.

Clontarf Castle Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
West sussex
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Thank you for your friendly, warm and fantastic service when my son and I visited this week. It was three days of total relaxation. Nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff. The four poster bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Ever! The service was impeccable. I would recommend this hotel in an instant. Thank you again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was really delighted to read your feedback. I'm so pleased that you and your son had such a wonderful stay with us. We aim to achieve excellent standards in customer service so I'm very pleased that you experienced this during your break with us. Thank you for your kind recommendation, I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to all the team. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again in the future if you return to Dublin.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My girlfriend's and my stay was extremely pleasant. I was bowled over by the lobby and surrounding bar areas - the little cubby hole near the Knights Bar was a great little secluded drinking spot. The armour, stags' heads, wall drapery, even the braces of pheasants were fantastic little touches.

Our bedroom was equally impressive with a four poster bed (very comfy mattress) and glistening marble bathroom. The rainfall shower head was very comfortable in the mornings.

Service at the Knights Bar (we only visited this bar) was quick, friendly and attentive - as were the staff behind reception; they knew transport links very well and were willing to help with all our requests.

Unfortunately there were a couple of negatives. The first being the location of the bedroom in relation to keg refills in the mornings and general deliveries. Very noisy with vehicle engines, kegs being rolled around etc. Also there was a metal staircase near our window (which we kept open because the in-room air con wasn't cool enough) on which people insisted making loud footsteps despite it being early in the morning. The general disregard for people sleeping nearby wasn't appreciated with loud, sometimes rude, staff conversations outside our window was an unwanted yet frequent occurrence.

All in all, though, a lovely stay and would definitely recommend to people in the future. Thank you, Clontarf Castle!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Guy A
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I'm delighted that you liked the castle so much, your bedroom and Knights Bar in particular. I was especially pleased to read that you found the staff to be so helpful. We strive to provide the highest standards of customer service so it's great that you experienced this during your stay with us. I was very disappointed to read that you were disrupted by noise from outside your bedroom window. You have my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this caused. I can assure you that I will personally investigate this issue. Many thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review for us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future if you return to the area.

Cleveland
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I chose Clontarf Castle for our last night in Ireland, spend the last night at a castle. I was not disappointed. It is rather difficult to find, esp at night since I couldn't see any signs,but thanks to the helpful man at the parking garage in Dublin we found our way. The place is just stunning. It has the original castle walls and they have added on hotel rooms to the rear of the building. Some of my companions didn't think this represented a true castle, and the rooms were the most modern we had on our trip, but I'm still glad we stayed here. The castle is over 1,000 yr old, and will be celebrating the 1,000 yr anniversary of the Battle of Clontarf. You can see the original walls and floors in the lobby, bar and lounge area, they were just stunning. The rooms were beautiful, the beds were great altho they roll rather fast and are higher than normal. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was good. We needed reservations which the front desk kindly made for us. I would most definately stay there again if I'm in the Dublin area. Just fantastic.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JessieNoelle
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you were so impressed with your stay at the castle and that your last night in Ireland was so enjoyable. I'll be sure to pass all your comments on to the team here at the castle. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again in the future if you return to Dublin.

Cornwall, UK
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Booked the Clontarf Castle through Trivago for a family visit, surprisingly this hotel was not as expensive as some of the others on offer, but the chance to stay in a castle was a must as the location was central for our visit and only a short distance from ferry. This hotel impressed from the start, a hidden gem in Dublin, with plenty of parking and grand lobby with huge fireplace and suits of armour. Check in was easy and friendly, the actual hotel is modern with clean modern design rooms with desk, table, tub chairs and flat screen TV, this is a 4 star hotel and was certainly up to the standard expected with really comfy beds. Unfortunately we did not use the 'Fahrenheit' restaurant as this was too expensive being a Michelin star restaurant and chose to eat locally as there are plenty of places to eat within a short drive from the hotel as is the centre of Dublin, however we did take the 'full Irish' breakfast option which is self service buffet style with the best white pudding, but no baked beans. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel being close to the city centre but also something special to remember Dublin.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 21Alizard
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you were so impressed with your stay at the castle. It's great that you experienced excellent customer service and liked all the facilities. I'll be sure to pass all your compliments on the team here at the castle. I was sorry to read that you didn't dine in our restaurant as you perceived it to be too expensive. Fahrenheit Grill actually isn't a Michelin star restaurant and offers A Lá Carte and Early Bird options. Many thanks again for your feedback on your stay at Clontarf Castle Hotel. We would be delighted to welcome you back again in the future.

Calabash, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Beautiful setting! Friendly and professional staff! Concierge was exceptional especially DJ! We loved our stay ant Clontarf Castle and would recommend it to our friends and family! Food and drink were the best. Easy to visit the city from this location! Restaurants in the area were high quality!

Room Tip: Executive rooms are the way to go!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel and for choosing to stay with us for your honeymoon. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I'm particularly pleased that you found the staff at the castle to so helpful and friendly. We aim to achieve excellent standards in customer service so it's great that you experienced this during your stay. Many thanks again for your feedback and for your kind recommendation, we really appreciate it and would be delighted to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

beautiful hotel but very relaxed lovely helpful staff couldnt fault it at all,. very reasonably priced restaurant- will definitely stay again. 15 mins by taxi to centre of Dublin, as usual the Taxi drivers are so entertaining great wedding venue . Have stayed at some classy hotels but rarely felt at such ease as in the Clontarf . rooms were lovely great bathroom and facilities excellent cant remember the waitress/ manageress in the restaurant but she worked so hard and was so helpful if your thinking of going dont hesitate

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was so pleased to read your feedback, it's great you had such an enjoyable stay at the castle. I was delighted that you found the staff to be so wonderful as we aim to achieve excellent standards in customer service. I'll be sure to pass all your comments on to the team at the castle. Many thanks again for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. We really appreciate it and would be delighted to welcome you back to the castle again in the future if you return to Dublin.