Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
4,390 results
All reviewsknights barfahrenheit grillindigo loungereal castlefour poster bedmodern amenitiescity centreamazing hotelbus stopdublin airportirelandweddingvijayarmourconciergehowtheuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My daughter and I spent 8 nights (though not consecutive) here around the 1000 year anniversary of the Battle of Clontarf. It was within walking distance of St. Anne's Park (if you don't mind a few kilometers) and there was great bus service into the city (bus#130). The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were comfy (the showers were particularly nice), the castle decor is fun, and we enjoyed our stay overall. The only problem was noise on the nights when there were events with loud music until 1am. It's worth getting a room on a higher floor if there will be late events on the ground floor. Also, I guess I just don't stay at high end places enough to appreciate the fridge full of overpriced beverages and candy. I'd have preferred having a useable fridge. Even so, I would stay there again if we go back to Dublin.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Abelard1079
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was really pleased to read that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay at the castle. I was disappointed to read that you experienced some noise disturbance when there were functions taking place in the hotel. I can assure you that we do everything in our power to minimise the disruption that such events could cause to our guests. You have my sincere apologies that this affected your stay on this occasion.

Many thanks again for your feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us and we would be delighted to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my mum for a 2 night relaxing break. Everything from our check in to our room to the food and drink in both bars was wonderful. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely return here! Think it's my new favourite hotel!! Love it!!

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you and your mum had such a lovely stay and that you enjoyed our bars and restaurant. We aim to achieve excellent standards in customer service so I’m pleased that you were impressed with the staff at the hotel. I’ll be sure to pass all your comments on to all the team. Thank you for your lovely recommendation.

Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Our first nights stay in Ireland was at the Clontarf Castle Hotel. We were attending the Millennium banquet of Brian Borou, We thoroughly enjoyed the banquet and stayed a second night while we toured Dublin. We parked our car at the castle and chose to be picked up by the shuttle that picks up at the castle and brings you into Dublin.
We had a few drinks at the bar and talked with friendly locals. Lunch was also had in the bar restaurant. wait staff was extremely friendly and talkative. We also had dinner in the main hotel restaurant. We found the menu and service to be excellent.

The friendly and A+ service made for a delightful stay. Our room was very comfortable. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I’m delighted that your party had such an enjoyable stay with us during the millennium anniversary of the battle of Clontarf. It’s great that you liked our bars and restaurant. I’m particularly pleased that you found the service to be excellent as we strive to achieve such standards. I’ll be sure to pass all your compliments on to all the team here at Clontarf Castle Hotel.

Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it and would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed mid week and found this hotel very friendly and welcoming. The bedroom was good, comfortable and very clean. The staff were very good, friendly and attentive. Food & drinks were reasonably priced and of good quality. Happy with the hotel and will stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the castle and that you were so pleased with everything. I’m particularly pleased that you mentioned you found the staff to be friendly and attentive as we aim to achieve excellent standards in customer service. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to all the team here.

Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to contact me. We would be delighted to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Staff was attentive, food and service at the bar were good. The room was a bit small for the price, but clean and comfortable. Our room was near the stairs and got quite loud at night and early morning.

Room Tip: Ask to stay far from stairs/elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 6bug
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you found the food, the staff and the bar service to be so good at the hotel. I was disappointed that you experienced some noise disturbance during your stay, thank you for bringing this to my attention. If you would like to speak to me about your experience please contact me on 018332321 or mlong@clontarfcastle.ie. Many thanks again for your feedback, we really appreciate it.