“Amazing Experience”

Ranked #3 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My boyfriend and I only stayed here for a single night, but it was such a pleasant stay. The room was very comfortable and clean and the breakfast the next day was the perfect Irish Breakfast! Beautiful Hotel, only thing is you definitely need to take a taxi to get here from the city center. For some reason I was under the impression that I would be able to walk, took me over an hour… So definitely need a taxi (cost around 10 Euro) but such a beautiful castle!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I am delighted to read you were satisfied with the high quality of our rooms, and that you enjoyed your breakfast at the Fahrenheit Grill. We are located two miles from the city, should you be returning, there is a bus stop directly outside the castle gates with a service every 10 minutes in to the city and a journey time of 10 minutes. We are also a 5 minute walk from the DART station (train) with a regular city centre service. The Dublin City Hop On / hop off tour bus also picks up at the hotel each morning and is a wonderful way to see the city. We would be delighted to welcome you back in the future, and I hope that these recommendations will be helpful on your next visit. Thank you again for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel.

Clontarf Castle Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (4,197)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

While the rooms were very much modern, the castle itself is a lovely mix of modern and old. Everyone who worked here was also so incredibly friendly, particularly the head concierge, who helped us with directions and recommendations several times (I wish I could remember his name!). The castle isn't in the center of town, but is a short taxi ride away. There are a few pubs and restaurants within walking distance as well. I was on the fence about booking here due to the distance from the center of town but am really, really happy that we did. My only regret is that we didn't stay here for more than two nights!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and especially pleased that you received such friendly and courteous customer service. We strive to deliver an excellent experience to all of our guests. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team here in particular concierge. Again, I appreciate your feedback, and I’m looking forward to inviting you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We arrived at the Clontarf Castle Hotel arround 7pm. Its is situated in a quite area on the outskirts of Dublin city. A beautiful drive way up to the Castle is the first thing that impresses you as is the Castle itself. There is ample car parking which is the next bonus. On entering the reception you cant but feel excited as the hotel has kept the feel and look of being a Castle along with the modern amenities that is needed to run a 21st century hotel. At the reception the staff were very friendly and took time to explain everything that we asked. Our hotel room was probably a bit small compared to others we had stayed in but having said that had all the requirements and more. The most important part of the room is always the bed and I have to say this was probably the best I have had the pleasure to sleep in. The room was spotless which is very important and a nice selection of tea's & coffee's were available. The bathroom was tight but again the quality of everything was first class. The room had all the amenities to help you enjoy your stay further ie. flat screen tv, stylish chairs nice decor ect. The castle itself is beautiful and lots to do and eat in it. The staff everywhere are first class probably the best I have had the pleasure to experience. We did not eat there as we wanted to explore Clontarf while there but talking to a few guests they assured us the food was excellent. A fantastic selection was available at breakfast and not like some hotels I have stayed where milk is warm with cereal, fruit is tinned, cooked fry is greasy and pastries stale. This breakfast was excellent and could not fault it in any way. If you are after a nice weekend away from the hustle and bustle of Dublin city this is an excellent choice. All in all Clontarf Castle hotel has been the best value for money I have had the pleasure to stay in.

1  Thank PWard
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that your stay with us was so enjoyable and that you were pleased with the high quality of our bedrooms and our team. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the rest of the team here. We look forward to seeing you return in the future. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We reserved a private car service with the castle from the Dublin airport with an email two months before, so we were hoping we didn't need to confirm or if they would forget, but our driver was waiting with an iPad sign with my name on it easily visible and spelled correctly. Easy drive to the castle, maybe 20 minutes and the driver was very nice and pointed out a few sights. Arrived at the castle and check in was pleasant and fast, seeing it had been a 14 hour flight and we were ready for a bed. Room was relatively big and clean. The beds were super comfortable and the bathroom was nice (European shower so it has a half door). We had free breakfast buffet each morning from which had a lot to choose. The castle itself is just outside the city centre of Dublin, but the front desk was willing and able to book any tours or taxi service needed. The hop on hop off bus picked up directly from the castle but only at one time a day and you have to find your own way back. Taxi service was easy about 15 euro back to the castle. Everything was great and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Quarterirish

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I’m delighted your time with us was so pleasant, and pleased we were able to help make your stay here so comfortable. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the rest of the team. We greatly appreciate your feedback and I hope to see you at Clontarf Castle Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Being frequent visitors at Clontarf Castle spending our 2nd daughters confirmation there was 1st choice. Elaine from the bar looks after us for the day, she was fantastic! Absolutely nothing was too much trouble as I said she was faultless! Walking into the Castle and being greeted with a smile & knowing your name puts that extra special touch on each visit! A great way to spend any afternoon.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your afternoon in Knights Bar and that Elaine looked after you well. We take great pride in providing warm and attentive service and I will be sure to share your kind comments with Elaine and the team. Thank you again for your review and your continued support. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

An excellent venue for any occasion. Booked Clontart Castle as it was convenient and very competitive. I organised the party from the Uk with the help of Marianne Fanning, the C&B Events Manager. She responded to all my queries and the party was fantastic. The staff were extremely helpful and the food was brilliant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read you received such excellent help from our staff as we strive to achieve the highest standards in customer service. I will be sure to send your compliments on to Marianne and the rest of the team here. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Clontarf was everything we could ask for and more for our first stay in Dublin. The people were so helpful and friendly that we were sad to leave after two nights. The area is so beautiful and safe at all times. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone but it is especially quite a romantic getaway.

Rosemary in Niverville MB Canada

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at Clontarf Castle Hotel and that you liked our beautiful location and our great proximity to Dublin city centre. We are a popular choice for a romantic break and I am delighted that you found the castle to be a great place for a romantic getaway. Thank you again for your review. I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,