US$354
US$297
US$232
US$210
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$291
  • Breakfast included
Albany House(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$203
Grand Canal Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$359
US$209
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
4,390 results
All reviewsknights barfahrenheit grillindigo loungereal castlefour poster bedmodern amenitiescity centreamazing hotelbus stopdublin airportirelandweddingvijayarmourconciergehowtheuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After a week of traveling the Irish countryside we treated ourselves to two nights at the fabulous Clontarf Castle. The room was spacious and the bathroom was great, but my 6'3 husband had a hard time showering in the tiny stall shower! The food was good...we ate at both the Knights Bar and the Fahrenheit Grill and both were excellent. Breakfast was no joke: lots of choices and all of it was delicious. The staff was excellent and helped us figure out transportation to the airport. It was a lovely end to our Irish vacation!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I’m delighted to hear you had such an excellent stay with us, and that you enjoyed the food at our award winning restaurants. Clontarf is also home to The Indigo Lounge which has cafe style dining from morning to evening. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a relaxing afternoon, The Indigo Lounge has the perfect atmosphere. Again, thank you for your feedback. We will be sure to pass your comments along to the rest of the team here, and we look forward to inviting you back if you visit Dublin again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend's birthday and booked the birthday package. Our stay was excellent from beginning to end. The lady on reception was extremely welcoming and helpful. The food was lovely, the birthday cake was huge and unfortunately we just couldn't eat it all or take it with us but it really added the special touch to the visit. Room was spacious and bed very comfy. I would highly recommend booking the birthday package and my only let down was that I didn't book more than one night. The hotel is only ten minutes out of the city by bus and the area of Clontarf is very nice. We will definitely be back to this hotel on our next visit to Dublin. Thank you so much for making our stay so pleasant.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula K
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I’m excited to read you were pleased with your stay with us, and especially delighted you enjoyed our luxurious room. Our 111 guest rooms range from stylish deluxe bedrooms to extravagant, individually designed executive rooms and suites that are perfect for those seeking a relaxing holiday in Ireland or a break from Dublin City. We’d be delighted to welcome you back in the future, and again, thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My trip to Scotland and Ireland was all about visiting castles so what could have been better than spending the last 2 nights of my holiday in a renovated castle? The location may be out of the way a bit from the city center, but there was plenty of transportation options to get me into the city for some sightseeing. I started my one full day there at 9:30 am with a lot of walking in Dublin's city center and ended the day at the hotel at 6:30 pm. The comfort provided at the hotel at the end of an exhausting day was quite welcome. Room service the night before was so good I tried a different menu item the next evening. The beef stew with a flaky puff pastry topping was excellent and I finished it off with the apple pie. The next night was a very tender steak with cheesecake as the dessert. Both meals were prepared with great care and very high quality ingredients. I will be staying here again and recommending Clontarf Hotel to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: The higher floors will give you a better view of the surrounding scenery.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I’m delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us, and especially pleased you enjoyed our high quality food. Our award winning restaurants are regarded as some of the finest in Dublin, and are certainly worth another visit if you ever return. Thanks again for your feedback, and we look forward to inviting you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night. From the start I felt as if the staff were looking down upon me. They forgot to make the bed with sheets, and when I told them their response was sorry about that. The king bed was two twins pushed together and was very uncomfortable. Our view was of a stone wall. The experience did not feel very castle like in the least. Food was good but overpriced. Over all not with the high price tag!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I’m disappointed to read you were displeased with you stay with us. Rest assured, this is not our typical standard as we usually receive excellent reviews about our customer service. I've sent you a personal message with my contact information, and would like an opportunity to speak with you about your trip at your convenience. Again, thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I were on our honeymoon and when we ate in the bar at the Clontarf Castle Hotel we had the best service of anyplace we had been in Dublin (or elsewhere). Our waitress, Dympna, was courteous and friendly and saw to our every need. She checked to see how our food was and also made sure we were never lacking for drinks or any other service. Dympna did a great job and my wife and I were truly pleased with her service. This hotel had the best wait staff I had seen of any of the bars, pubs, or other hotels we stayed at during our 12 day trip. I highly recommend this place!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jarrod S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I am delighted to hear you received the best service at The Knights Bar out of any place you had been in Dublin, as we strive to deliver the best customer service to all of our guests. We will be sure to pass your comments along to Dympna and the rest of the team here at Clontarf. Again, thanks for your feedback, and we’re excited to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel in the future.

Clontarf Castel Hotel