“a long time ago..”

Ranked #3 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
herzele
“a long time ago..”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

i paid a 3 d visit in winter time to this castle when i was not a member yet of tripadvisor.
the castle, its staff, its kitchen, one harmony.
the price of the food is less expensive than in Temple bar, so luxury is not always expensive.
I want to go back ;)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us. I’m even more pleased to hear you think so highly of our staff as we strive to deliver the highest standards in customer service. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to inviting you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Clontarf Castle Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We recently spent 10 days touring Ireland and we had a great time, moving locations almost daily to make the most of our time and cover as much territory as possible. We ended our trip with a two night stay in Dublin at the Clontarf Castle Hotel. The hotel is not maintained, it is filthy and in various stages of disrepair. Staff are indifferent to guests, lack rudimentary customer service skills and showed no sense of urgency in dealing with complaints.

Night one, the air conditioning did not work. In our friends room, the electrical plugs did not work. After spending over 3 hours of our time on the last day of our vacation, "waiting" for the air conditioning to be fixed remotely, we were finally moved to a different room. Note, we had to move our own luggage. I travel a lot and have NEVER had to move myself from a room with a problem. Although the "new" room was cooler, it was filthy with hunks of human hair all over the floor, the shower did not drain, the faucet handles were broken.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. It was a very disappointing end to a fantastic vacation.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel in Dublin.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Peggie G
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I am extremely disappointed to read you were unsatisfied with your stay and I would like to sincerely apologise for this. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard as we normally receive excellent reviews on trip advisor in relation to our service, team and hotel.
I do respect your opinion but, I would have disagree with your statement about the hotel being in various states of disrepair and that it is not well maintained. Since 1996 we have invested over €20 million into Clontarf Castle Hotel and we are constantly upgrading our facilities. I would love the opportunity to discuss with you in more detail the issues you raised, my email address is mlong@clontarfcastle.ie and my phone number is 00 353 (1) 8332321.
I have also sent you a message through the trip advisor web site.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is stunning, soo well maintained, tastefully decorated with beautiful grounds.
We had dinner in fahrenheit restaurant, it was
absolutely delicious, excellent value (€19.20 for two course Early Bird) and stunning surroundings.
I hope to be back for an overnight stay very soon :)

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your dinner at Fahrenheit Restaurant as we pride ourselves on the high quality of our food. We will be sure to send your lovely comments on to the team here. Your feedback is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Castle..

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms were modern and clean. Service was good. Free parking. Brendan booked this for our last night in Ireland and it was a good 20 minutes from the airport so we were disappointed in the location. No airport shuttle service

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you found the hotel to be clean and modern. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

General Manger
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Seamless check-in. Room was nicely appointed. Staff was very attentive, the front desk attendant even drew a map to the closest ATM. Danny and entire Pub staff were excellent. Food at bar was really good, and they have a nice selection of beers on tap. I would certainly stay here again, and highly recommend it for friends and family going to Dublin.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that your check in was seamless, you found our team to be very attentive and friendly plus you enjoyed your bar food. I will be sure to send your comments on to the rest of the team here at Clontarf. Your recommendation is very much appreciated, and we look forward to inviting you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and 2 friends stayed here for our last night in Ireland. My friend picked this hotel but I wished we would have stayed in the city. The reception staff were very friendly and accommodating. Our room however was very cramped for 3 people. Of all the places we stayed this was the smallest. After dropping off our suitcases we looked for a place to have a drink. Only one place was open and was very busy. After waiting to be seated for about 10 minutes without even being acknowledged we decided to walk to the nearest restaurant. Luckily we were only here for a night as I would have felt very claustrophobic in that small room let alone uncomfortable with all the foot traffic past our window.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I’m disappointed to read that you felt that your bedroom was to small and you have my sincerest apologies for this. However, I’m delighted to hear you received friendly service from our reception staff. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to inviting you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had a friends wedding here and we also stayed for two nights. The castle is lovely and the room we had was beautiful with lovely views over the garden. Very clean and the food was amazing (esp. at the wedding). Staff were very friendly, professional and helpful. Easy to get to Dublin city centre. We had a hire car although there's loads of taxis at the castle and we got the bus a couple of times too (took about 10mins from main shopping streets). I would definitely stay here again :)

Stayed June 2014
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m especially pleased you were satisfied with our friendly and professional staff as we strive to deliver the best standards in customer service. Again, many thanks for your feedback, and we are excited to welcome you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.