“Cozied up in Clontarf Castle ”

Ranked #3 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I traveled to Clontarf this month and spent a night in this beautiful Hotel. The grounds are stunning, and the front gardens are beautiful. The restaurant has the charm and feel of a grand dining room of a castle and the breakfasts were fantastic. The staff was incredible, polite, very friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the pub and the servings were large and very tasty! The room had a beautiful view of the front entrance, comfortable and clean bed and lots of space for our luggage and us. We strongly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and even more pleased that you were satisfied with The Fahrenheit Restaurant and Knights Bar. Your comments about our staff are very lovely, and we will be sure to send them along to the rest of the team. Thank you for your feedback and the recommendation, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for three nights in July. We originally stayed a little closer to town and moved here for the second half of our trip. We received excellent customer service from Monica, she made our check in process very easy. The room was very nice with plenty of room. We enjoyed walking around and exploring the nooks and crannies of this historic hotel.
Taxi rides back and forth to the city center were on average $15 each way.
My only complaint was that there were multiple "michelin" stickers on the door to restaurant. I had an issue with the temperature of my lamb when it was brought out to me (over-cooked, the server took care of this immediately however), the table next to me had to send one of their steaks back due to not being cooked through for her liking.
I researched this restaurant for michelin stars and discovered that they had none, that I could find. I believe this falsely identified the true quality of this restaurant.
I would happily stay at the Clontarf Castle the next time I am in Dublin and would recommend the same to anyone.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and especially pleased you received excellent customer service from Monica. I was disappointed to read you had an issue with the temperature of your lamb. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard and thank you for your feedback. The Michelin stickers you mention on our restaurant door are for being named in the Michelin Guide, a tourist travel guide. Although we do not have Michelin stars, we have been recently awarded our AA Rossette. Again, many thanks for your feedback, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

A modern Hotel experience mixed with a castle. Very cool. A bit of a way out from town but only 10 mins in a cab or jump on the bus down the road. Always lots to do in Dublin like most cities. Quality hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially pleased that you thought our staff to be friendly as one of our goals is to provide exceptional customer service standards. Again, thank you for your review, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

What an amazing experience! The staff at the Clontarf Castle exceeded expectations, for what turned out to be a very memorable weekend this was the perfect choice. The staff were extremely courteous, the room very spacious and spotless, and Cathy on the front desk truly stood out as an exceptional member of staff. I booked this hotel reading through the reviews on this site, and was not dissapointed. Will definately be back on our next trip to Dublin, highly recommended for a perfect romantic stay.

1  Thank MedUK

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I was especially pleased to read that you thought our staff to be extremely courteous and your room to be very spacious and spotless. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Cathy and the rest of the team here. Again, many thanks for your feedback, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Clontarf has done a great job in combining the old castle with new elements, like a five or six story steel and glass atrium that seems to just open and light up the old castle front without detracting from the heritage feeling at all. The staff are really pleasant and helpful - we arrived late morning after an overnight flight and the receptionist said "Oh my dears, you must be hungry. The breakfast buffet is about to close. Shall I just call up and tell them to hold, you're on your way? We'll send your bags to the room? " really did feel just like family.

The food is really good, the service excellent, and it just is fun to stay in a castle. The rooms are pretty good too, and best of all it is inexplicably a bargain for the area. It is a bit out from town, but right by a miles long boulevard along the lagoon (and bird sanctuary) going from the city out to the fishing village of Howth, where the fishing fleet still goes out daily and the seafood restaurants are everywhere and excellent.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Krochalis

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and even more pleased to read that our staff made you feel just like family. I will be sure to pass your comments along to the rest of the team, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

beautiful property with very helpful staff.food was excellent as was the location(5 minute walk to bus stop) breakfast was superb with more choices than we had at any other location.stay here and you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: 2nd floor very quiet

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Castle. I was especially pleased you thought our food to be excellent and your breakfast to have had many options as we strive to provide excellent quality food by using the finest local produce. Again, thank you for your review, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was the first hotel we stayed in upon arival and it brought in the atmosphere of castles and mystery right away. Everyone loved the experience and the breakfast restaurant and the area. Excellent rooms and service, beautiful property, very well maintained. Will stay again for sure. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially pleased that you liked your breakfast at the Fahrenheit Restaurant, and that you thought our rooms and property to be beautiful and well maintained. I will be sure to send your lovely comments on to the rest of the team here. Again, many thanks for your feedback, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel in the future.