Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
4,394 results
All reviewsknights barfahrenheit grillindigo loungereal castlefour poster bedmodern amenitiescity centreamazing hotelbus stopdublin airportirelandweddingvijayarmourconciergehowtheuro
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The lobby of this hotel was interesting because it was built around a part of the old castle. The bar and restaurant also had a lot of "castle" atmosphere. We had very good food and service in the bar. There are no other restaurants around the hotel, so this is the only place to eat. Unfortunately, the dining room was booked for a tour group so our only option was to eat at the bar. We could have gone into the city, which was a 10 minute bus ride, but after a day of driving, were too tired to do this. This was my only complaint. Our room was nice and the four poster bed gave the room a castle feel. The hotel is not far from the airport. This would be a good choice if you do not want to stay in the city but still want to be close.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and even more pleased to read that you thought your room to be nice. I apologize for the inconveniences caused by the restaurant being fully booked. We do recommend that our guests reserve a table as The Fahrenheit Restaurant is very popular among locals as well as hotel guests. Again, many thanks for your feedback, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I traveled to Clontarf this month and spent a night in this beautiful Hotel. The grounds are stunning, and the front gardens are beautiful. The restaurant has the charm and feel of a grand dining room of a castle and the breakfasts were fantastic. The staff was incredible, polite, very friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the pub and the servings were large and very tasty! The room had a beautiful view of the front entrance, comfortable and clean bed and lots of space for our luggage and us. We strongly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and even more pleased that you were satisfied with The Fahrenheit Restaurant and Knights Bar. Your comments about our staff are very lovely, and we will be sure to send them along to the rest of the team. Thank you for your feedback and the recommendation, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for three nights in July. We originally stayed a little closer to town and moved here for the second half of our trip. We received excellent customer service from Monica, she made our check in process very easy. The room was very nice with plenty of room. We enjoyed walking around and exploring the nooks and crannies of this historic hotel.
Taxi rides back and forth to the city center were on average $15 each way.
My only complaint was that there were multiple "michelin" stickers on the door to restaurant. I had an issue with the temperature of my lamb when it was brought out to me (over-cooked, the server took care of this immediately however), the table next to me had to send one of their steaks back due to not being cooked through for her liking.
I researched this restaurant for michelin stars and discovered that they had none, that I could find. I believe this falsely identified the true quality of this restaurant.
I would happily stay at the Clontarf Castle the next time I am in Dublin and would recommend the same to anyone.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and especially pleased you received excellent customer service from Monica. I was disappointed to read you had an issue with the temperature of your lamb. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard and thank you for your feedback. The Michelin stickers you mention on our restaurant door are for being named in the Michelin Guide, a tourist travel guide. Although we do not have Michelin stars, we have been recently awarded our AA Rossette. Again, many thanks for your feedback, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

A modern Hotel experience mixed with a castle. Very cool. A bit of a way out from town but only 10 mins in a cab or jump on the bus down the road. Always lots to do in Dublin like most cities. Quality hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially pleased that you thought our staff to be friendly as one of our goals is to provide exceptional customer service standards. Again, thank you for your review, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

What an amazing experience! The staff at the Clontarf Castle exceeded expectations, for what turned out to be a very memorable weekend this was the perfect choice. The staff were extremely courteous, the room very spacious and spotless, and Cathy on the front desk truly stood out as an exceptional member of staff. I booked this hotel reading through the reviews on this site, and was not dissapointed. Will definately be back on our next trip to Dublin, highly recommended for a perfect romantic stay.

1  Thank MedUK

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I was especially pleased to read that you thought our staff to be extremely courteous and your room to be very spacious and spotless. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Cathy and the rest of the team here. Again, many thanks for your feedback, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.