“Dublin treat”

Ranked #3 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My son booked us into the Clontarf Castle in Dublin as a treat, he also booked us tickets for the Garth Brooks concert. Sadly the concert was cancelled but the Clontarf Castle was lovely. We were lucky enough to be be upgraded to a fantastic suite with a four poster bed, roll top bath in the bathroom. Lovely time indeed. Rather than go into Dublin we decided to visit Howth which is a seaside village about half an hour away from the hotel. We had a great evening, lovely weather and a super meal at O'Connells.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you has a lovely stay with us, despite the cancellation of the Garth Brooks concert. I was even more pleased that you enjoyed your room and all the amenities. Again, many thanks for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to right a review, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was delighted with my choice in staying at this wonderful hotel. It was just what I needed in terms of appropriate amount of luxury and provided me with excellent surroundings in order to unwind after a couple of hectic months work. My room was spacious and tastefully decorated and was a great retreat for some needed nap time.
Staff were courteous as expected and took the time to chat when engaged.
Food was very good in restaurant and had some nice wine selections. My partner was partner was also very happy with the stay here so all round a good choice and great place to get bedded in for our trip around ireland.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you thought your room to be spacious and tastefully decorated. I was even more pleased you thought our staff to be courteous as we strive to deliver the best in customer service. Again, many thanks for your feedback. Your comments are much appreciated, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel has quirkily fused the old world and the new with contemporary design with old world charm.
Our room was comfortable, clean and functional.
Breakfast was amazing, I would reccomend the pancakes!
Though its a little far out ,I liked the area,and buses are very accessable, only 10 minutes from centre.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with your stay at the Castle, and even more pleased to read you enjoyed your room and breakfast at The Fahrenheit Restaurant. Your review is much appreciated, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay for couples wanting a stay in a historical location. The Castle is made into a very comfortable place to stay. The dinning area and bar area are a great place to eat with castle like atmosphere. You do need a car if you are looking to go into Dublin city center but it is a short drive and worth the experience.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you had a comfortable stay with us, and delighted you thought Fahrenheit Restaurant and Knights Bar to be great places to eat. Again, many thanks for your feedback, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here on July 21, 2014. After spending the day in busy downtown Dublin, this was a perfect quiet setting to rest up for our trip north the next day. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. Our two twin beds didn't feel small at all. We had a late night drink in the Knights Bar - definitely recommend the fresh made scones - I craved them for the rest of my vacation!! The breakfast buffet was very good and in the 8 hotels we stayed in, this hotel was the only one that had an espresso machine as part of the buffet. My latte loving companion was in heaven. We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had an excellent experience at the Castle. I was even more pleased you thought our rooms to be comfortable and well appointed, and the breakfast buffet to be satisfying. Again, many thanks for your feedback. Your comments are much appreciated, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

6 of us stayed at this hotel in April 2014. Lovely hotel, lovely grounds, lovely area of Dublin. A bit out of town though and although the walk to the bus stops was a lovely one it was a bit of a stretch each day with children. My grandchildren loved the fact they were in a Castle. Glad we spent the money for the grandchildren to say they were in a castle but I did find it pricey.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you and your family had a good stay with us. I was especially pleased you were satisfied with the atmosphere provided by the hotel and grounds. Your feedback is much appreciated, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This trip was booked to suprise myself and my friend by our husbands. We were not dissapointed. The service was warm and welcoming. The staff simply assisted us no matter what our queries and the hotel itself was stunning. 20 min bus ride into Dublin center. Reasonable taxi fare to and from Dublin airport. Lovely bar area that serves the most delicious beef and guiness pie and the drink it's self!
Big thank you to Chris on reception for helping us with his knowledge of Dublin and things to do on our trip!
We hope to return in the future!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and even more pleased that you received exceptional customer service from our staff. I will be sure to send your comments on to Chris and the rest of the team. Again, thank you for your review, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castel in the future.