“5 Star Wedding Venue”

Ranked #3 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“5 Star Wedding Venue”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We celebrated our wedding at Clontarf Castle back in May and where absolutely amazed by the service provided on the day. Our wedding coordinator Leanora done a fantastic job leading up to our big day and was extremely helpful. Raphael our banquet manager done an amazing job on the day. Everything went perfectly smooth. The service and the food was all 5 star. We stayed the night in the bridal suite which we could not fault at all. Because we travelled from overseas to get married at Clontarf castle we had lots of guests who also stayed on the night and they really enjoyed it.

I would definitely recommend Clontarf Castle to anyone who is looking for a wedding venue or even if it is just to stay a few nights.

Andy & Danielle

Married 24th May 2014 :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Natalie S, Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Andy & Danielle,
Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I am thoroughly delighted to hear you enjoyed your very special wedding day with us and that Leanora, Raphael and our team looked after you so well.

I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to our team and head chef regarding the food also and we look forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel in the future.

Clontarf Castle Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Sallins, Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a meal/private party for my parents 50th wedding anniversary (17 people). This venue was fantastic. The food fantastic but most of all the staff that we dealt with from making the booking/special arrangements/waiting staff.

We had recently used this room for my niece and nephews communion and we had exactly the same experience. I could not recommend this venue enough and if there was a rating higher than Excellent I would be have no hesitation in giving it to this venue

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark D
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to hear your return visit to us was just as exceptional as the first and both our food and service standards lived up to your expectations.

Thank you once again for your review and recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

To say that visiting Ireland was the trip of a lifetime would be an understatement. This hotel went above and beyond making sure my stay exceeded my wildest expectations. I cannot wait to go back!

Their 24 hour concierge (I worked with Barry who was AMAZING) was always ready with tips and advice on local destinations as well as tour companies and so forth.

On my last night, there was a wedding at the hotel, and the noise went on well into the morning hours, when I called to complain, the staff gave me a discount on my bill, as well as a free ride to the airport. I was very grateful!

Although Clontarf is about 10 minutes from town, the neighborhood is beautiful, and with maps and local transit (taxis would cost (depending on the time) 10-20 euro which got a bit pricey) it's really easy to get back and forth with the dart and local bus system. Make sure to get a leap card, makes is easier than counting change each time.

Staying in this gorgeous hotel really helped make my first solo trip to Ireland incredibly special.

I would advise against the breakfast unless you usually eat a large one.

I tended to eat more in the afternoon and evenings on my day tours, and the 15 euro for their buffet breakfast seemed a bit much, but they had a wide selection. So take that for what it's worth

On 2 of my nights I ate at the restaurant downstairs and it was absolutely delicious, so convenient being able to charge it to the room.

If you are looking for Classic Irish beauty, history and convenience, the only hotel you should think of staying in should be the Clontarf Castle. It was magical. Many, many thanks.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to hear the hotel and staff exceeded your expectations and that you thoroughly enjoyed the food and special service you received from our concierge Barry.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future to Clontarf Castle Hotel.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed with my partners and two little girls in a family room. Room was clean and spacious and well equipped with all you could need.

Staff were excellent and organised a treasure hunt around the hotel for the girls with them receiving certificates and a treat of ice cream and cookies at the end. Thanks to Barry for organising and being so good with the girls.

Breakfast was good with all the usual available. Our stay included 1 night dinner which we had in the Fahrenheit grill. Beware if you have fussy eating children as ours did not like any of there three courses. Kiwi ice cream for children??

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MlongClontarf, Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the children's ice cream to our Head Chef and the lovely feedback to Barry our concierge.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel in the future.

Oshawa
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We were on a castle themed vacation so were very excited about staying here. However with the exception of part of the facade of the building this really doesn't feel like a castle. A beautiful hotel, yes, but if you are looking for a castle stay you may be disappointed.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. The hotel itself underwent a €10 million refurbishment in recent years. This incorporated the castles original features as well as upgrading our bedrooms to a four star deluxe standard for guest convenience and comfort.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We only stayed one night and enjoyed our stay very much. The castle itself is beautiful and the dinner we had on site was great. We were expecting the rooms to be a little more castle themed and more of the hotel to be themed around a castle. Good stay and good value.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rob G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your dinner with us during your stay. The hotel itself underwent a €10 million refurbishment in recent years. This incorporated the castles original features as well as upgrading our bedrooms to a four star deluxe standard for guest convenience and comfort.

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I booked here to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary and it did not disappoint.our suite was to die for..spotless and very comfortable.staff were more than helpful.food was excellent... Best fillet steak we've had out.only down side was we were seated beside a couple having a wedding tasting and we could hear every word !!! I personally think wedding tasting should be separate or maybe not during dinner!!! As I'm a chef and carry out wedding tastings it would've been nice to get away from all that,so,as I say this was the only gripe,but we shall DEFINITELY be back.Thank You all at Clontarf.:)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Clontarf Castle Hotel. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay in one of our suites and will be sure to pass on your compliments on your fillet steak to our Head Chef.
Regarding the wedding tasting couple beside you, I have taken these comments on board and assure you new procedures have been put in place to ensure a comfortable dining experience for all.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Clontarf Castle Hotel in the near future.