“I will be returning :)”

Ranked #3 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
NYC
“I will be returning :)”
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I stayed here for ten nights from late March into April. The rooms were very modern and beautiful. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in (except for the fact that it was two beds pushed together.) The food was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They would even call and make dinner reservations for you in local or Dublin restaurants.
Beer and drinks are available 24 hours a day :) All you have to do is go to the front desk to order. Free wifi is also a big plus.
The bus ride into Dublin is 10-15 minutes. It's much faster (by about 15 minutes) to walk down to the main road to catch the bus but if you are tired from a long day you can catch the bus at the end of the hotels driveway. The buses stop running around midnight but cabs back to the hotel were only 10-12 Euros from the Temple Bar area.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone! I can't wait to return!
It's cheaper to book directly through their website & book the advance saver option. It doesn't include breakfast but you can still get the cheaper rate (10 Euro) on breakfast if you book with reception the night before you plan on eating.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
KarynJohnson, Marketing Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2010
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for such a lovely review of our hotel. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and are happy that the free Wifi helped. I will pass on your thanks to our concierge who is always happy to help with any queries you may have about the Dublin area. We hope you can some stay with us again soon and closer to the time please do contact me personally and as I would be delighted to take care of your booking personally.

Yours Sincerly
Karyn Johnson.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Pamplona
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Highly recommended!! The hotel is great but the staff is even better with wonderful care and attention tol their guests. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
MlongClontarf, General Manager at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Castle. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Yours Sincerely,
Mark Long
Edelstein
Reviewed 25 April 2010

I searched online for many days for the perfect hotel for my first visit to Ireland. I saw the Clontarf Castle Hotel (which was just a tad over my bidget) but after viewing pictures and reading reviews I knew it was where i wanted to stay.
I didn't realize prior to getting to Dublin that the hotel was not right in the main part but a bus ride outside a bit. After learning how to easilly get to and from the hotel (the bus stop was right outside the hotel) I was glad to havce a hotel in a peacful area.
Good things about the hotel: very beautiful inside and out, great help from the staff on directions and fun things to do, good restaraunt on site, and there was a grocery store a few blocks away. Although there wasn't a kitchen or anything in the room you could use the grocery store to purchase snacks and breakfast items. The TV only had a few channels but it was not to bad. There was alos free high speed internet!
Bus rides into town were 1.65Euro or 1.85 Euro depending which bus stop you chose to use. There was also a DART station just a few blocks walk.
Over all i would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in a beautiful hotel close, but not too close, to busy Dublin!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I live in Las Vegas, the high-end hotel capital of the world and one of the largest collections of restaurants found anywhere. I have also been all over the USA and Mexico and stayed in a huge variety of hotel properties in my travels.

Not once have I experienced the commitment to excellence I found at Clontarf Castle. After virtually every exchange with a staff member I found myself saying "Wow." From the front desk to restaurant staff to housekeeping, every encounter was an excersize in exemplary customer service.

The rooms were incredibly comfortable, tastefully appointed, well-equipped and quiet. The food was ridiculously good, meticulously prepared and served by the most knowledgeable and friendly staff I have had the pleasure to dine with. The front desk and concierge staff were warm and welcoming, with a complete understanding of the Dublin area, Ireland itself, and precisely what it would take to make an American tourist feel welcome and cared for.

This was my first real vacation in over 10 years and I cannot imagine a finer, more rewarding experience, due largely to the time I spent on the hotel property itself.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
KarynJohnson, Marketing Executive at Clontarf Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2010
Dear Guest,

What a lovely review and thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience here at Clontarf Castle Hotel. Hopefully your next trip over won't be as far away and we can see you again soon. Please do let us know if you are thinking of coming over again and we would be delighted to take care of you.
Belfast
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I stayed at Clontarf castle with my partner for one night on the recommendation of my parents. I was plesently surprised by the surroundings and the hotel itself- it really was stunning. The staff were more than friendly and very helpful, the chamber maids were smiling and very polite. The hotel looked well kept and very clean, more than you get in some other 4* hotels!
We had paid for a room upgrade, the room was stunning and we were very happy with it initially until we discovered that there was no bath, no dressing gowns, no personal touches at all. We requested a change of room but were told the only one available was a smoking room and this did not appeal to us (as non smokers!). We were not offered any upgrade to a room that met our needs.
We had booked into the Farenheit Grill for dinner and although the service was fantastic, the food was terrible! If i hadnt prepaid for the dinner, I would not have been prepared to pay for my starter (Goats cheese bruchetta that was so hard, I could not bite into it and was worried that it would strike the dinners beside me if i tried to cut it!)
Breakfast was fab though. I would advise people to skip dinner and eat lots of breakfast!!
All in all, I did really like the hotel and its surroundings and would go back to Clontarf castle but I think that the hotel could be so much better with just a little more attention to detail.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words about the property and our team here at Clontarf Castle Hotel. We are indeed very sorry and disappointed to read about the service you experienced during your stay with us. Please be assured that this is by no means normal practice and we normally pride ourselves with a good quality product as well as a warm, friendly and efficient guest experience. Your comments regarding the food and room upgrades have been shared amongst all of our team. If you are thinking of returning to the castle please do contact me personally and I will do everything possible to look after your booking. We hope you can forgive us and allow us a second chance to offer you the true Clontarf Castle Experience.
madrid
Reviewed 13 April 2010

the place is really peculiar, nice and charmful but the welcoming attitude and the service is even better
perfect for both business and pure enjoying

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
We were pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your review and we hope we can offer you the Castle experience again soon. If you are thinkining of coming over again Please do contact me personally and I will look after you.
Outer Hebrides, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2010

We stayed three night at Clonarf Castle and loved it. We didn't get to see all we wanted to in Dublin so will definately stay at Clontarf Castle if we return again.

The entrance is lovely and the reception staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was warm, comfortable and had everything we needed for our stay. No complaints food-wise - great breakfasts and the meals we had there were very good too.

Only a ten minute bus ride into the centre so it was quick and easy to nip and and out of the city centre.

Recommended.