“just perfect!”
Review of Ashling Hotel

Ashling Hotel
Ranked #13 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 22 February 2014

stayed with my boyfriend for his birthday and it was perfect. the room was beautiful and on the 5th floor, the huge window let us view over the city which was so distracting i couldnt take my eyes away from it. the bed was great, big enough for 4 and very comfortable! shower was fantastic. absolutely no complaints about the room, nice late check out time too. the only qualm i have is the price of drinks in the Iveagh Bar....oh dear! find a pub nearby instead! apart from that i highly recommend the aisling hotel and will hopefully be back soon!

Room Tip: rooms overlooking front of hotel can be a bit noisy with the tram running outside every 15mins but t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that your stay was a success and that you found your room comfortable. I was also delighted to read that you found our check out time good too. I hope to welcome you back to us, the next time you are in Dublin.

There are newer reviews for Ashling Hotel

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for a few days over valentines, and to our delight at the check in we were given a free upgrade to a deluxe room, it was amazing! The bedroom was lovely and big and the bathroom was also really big and spotless, the room was just perfect! We dined in the hotels restaurant, service was great and the food was delicious! The bar are is lovely too and staff and really helpful and friendly. The breakfast is a definite must! The hotel is in a good location, close to some attractions, buses, trams etc and only a short walk along the river to temple bar. The hotel and Ireland its self is beautiful!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the room great. I was also pleased to hear that you loved the breakfast. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us in the future, if you are ever back in Ireland.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

On the River Liffey, on the tram line, across from rail station, by the tour bus stop and in walking distance to many attractions. Just up from hotel you have Ryan's for an authentic Victorian public house with FX Buckley steak house above. Walked to Kilmainham Gaol which also is a must. We were very pleased with our choice.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for these lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read that you found our location great and that you were pleased with your choice of hotel. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us in the future, if you are ever back in Dublin.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I overnighted in the Ashling on February 6th and really enjoyed the stay. The receptionist was warm, helpful and welcoming. The check-in was painless and she immediately offered me the information and password for accessing the hotel WIFI network. I stayed on the 7th floor in a single room. The room was clean and neat with all necessary requirements in place. The aircon unit in the room was noisy but I could turn it off so it did not interfere with sleep. The bathroom was clean and well stocked with a powerful shower unit fitted.
I dined in the bar that evening and the meal was enjoyable and good value for money. Again, the staff in this area were excellent and very friendly.
The breakfast selection was first class with a full range of cereal, grains, juice and cooked items on offer.
When checking out, I mentioned the aircon unit to the on duty receptionist who noted the issue and room number, apologised for the problem and thanked me for reporting it. Again, top class customer service.
I really enjoyed my visit and will certainly use The Ashling in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were especially happy with your room and the breakfast selection. I was also delighted to hear that you felt our staff provided top class customer service, as this is something we strive for. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This review should have been left in 2012.....oops! Better late than never!
My partner and I stayed at the Ashling for one night, we were especially excited when we got to our room and could see the Guinness Factory over the Liffey. Our room was super, very spacious, modern, clean and had the most amazing shower! Great location, walkable to city centre and Phoenix Park. Ideal! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this lovely review of your past stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to read that everything was satisfactory and especially pleased to hear that you loved your room. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We spent 3 nights in the Ashling Hotel and we were very pleased with our choice. The superior deluxe room we had was large, with a huge en-suite, clean, bright and with a full length window overlooking the city. The staff were super friendly and whilst quite a large hotel, it had a warm feel about it. Only a short walk from the bus and tram stop and just a 15 minute walk into the centre. The bar area is nice, with a good selection of drinks and bar snacks and once again the staff there were cheery, friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be working there.

All in all, very good choice away from the noise of the city centre. Some of the best attractions are also located at this end of the city, Kilmainham Gaol being within walking distance and a must to visit.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel offer great views, although choose a higher floor, as there might be...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this lovely review of the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read your comments about our staff and your room. I was also pleased to hear that you found our location great for visiting some of Dublin's tourist attractions. I hope that you will stay with us again, if you are ever back in Dublin.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Ashling delivers on all of the basics, It isn't quite as luxurious as the lobby might suggest though. The rooms are simple, with everything you need but without any wow factor. A gym would be nice too given that the slightly out of the way location allows them a lot of space to play with. All in all I'd rate it as a decent 3*, If you are looking for 4, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. We would love to be able to have gym facilities but unfortunately we do not have the room. However, for those that love some outdoor exercise the Phoenix Park is right on our doorstep. I hope to welcome you back in the future if you are ever back in Dublin.