“Good Location; Comfortable Accommodations”
Review of Ashling Hotel

Ashling Hotel
Ranked #13 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here one night, it was the first night of a 8 day / 7 night tour. The location was good; although not in the city center. There were restaurants close by. The room was a good size; the bed was comfortable. Buffet breakfast was fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for your comments about your stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you found the bed comfortable. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us if you are ever back in Dublin.

Alan Moody

Write a ReviewReviews (4,778)

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We loved our stay here. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything from booking to our actual stay was great. I highly recommend this hotel. It was a bit of a walk to some main areas but we actually loved that. We found our room to be clean and to our liking. We didn't eat here but the restaurant area looked nice. Would definitely stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found everything enjoyable. Thank you for saying that our staff were friendly and helpful, and that the room was to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights B&B from 11th April to celebrate my wifes birthday. I have to say from start to finish we had a great experience at the Ashling. We arrived aearly and were advised that our room was not yet ready but no plrblem we were directed to an area so that we could store our cases and head off to the Guiness Brewery.
On our return the room was ready we were in a side room on the first floor Room 150. This was ideal for us very well appointed, clean tidy and everything you could wish for.
On our first evening we ate in the restraunt and I have to say everything was perfect! probably the best hotel food i have ever sampled. Breakfast the next morning was equally as good with a choice of foods including a Gluten free menu that no one could complain about.
The second evening we ate in the bar and once again the food was faultless.
The hotel location although on the outskirts was in a great location for us just across the road from Hueston Station (200 yard max).
In summary we will return to Dublin in the future and will definatelt look no further than the Ashling hotel next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkEngland61

Thank you for this wonderful review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was over the moon to have read all of your comments and to hear that your wife's birthday was a success. Thank you for saying that the food was fantastic and that your room was ideal. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us in the future, if you are ever back in Dublin.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I have worked for a travel company in Ireland, so have dealt with this hotel for the past few years. Every member of staff that I've ever spoken to is very highly trained and very professional. I stayed here in January with friend in a superior room which was amazing and had great view over Dublin. This time I treated my mum to a 2 night stay in a suite. There aren't enough words to describe how amazing the room was. It had a separate sitting room and bedroom. The bathroom had a bath and huge rainfall shower. The couches in the hotel are the most comfortable ever! The breakfast is one of the best I've experienced and they do a great continental option with gluten free products, which you won't find often in Ireland. For anyone visiting Ireland it's a great location for the city. I would not advise staying right in the heart of the city, so the fact that the hotel is just a few stops on the Luas is great.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aweller88

Thank you so much for this wonderful review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am delighted to hear that everything was great for you on both of your stays. I am also very pleased to hear that you have only ever had pleasant experiences with our staff when you have been dealing with them on a work basis. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast and location, and for also saying about our couches. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

we had a wonderful 3 night stay at this hotel. everything was first rate. the bar and lobby area is fabulous and a lovely place to relax. we had a standard double bedroom which was perfectly adequate. the kingsize bed was very comfortable and it was spotlessly clean.the bedroom was surprisingly large.. do eat breakfast here as it really is amazing with a huge choice. I would deffinately stop here again. the staff go out of their way to help and overall there is a wonderful ambience. as in a previous review we ate at the F X buckleys steakhouse just up the road. . I would also recommend their food.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for this lovely review about your recent stay. I was delighted to read all of your comments, especially those about your room. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast, we do offer a huge choice so it is great that our guests love it. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Ashling hotel is conveniently located near the Heuston train station, the Irish Museum, Guiness and the tram. The hotel staff were incredibly accommodating, making us a sandwich at 11pm on Sunday night . There are three good restaurants nearby: Juno Cafe, Nancy Hands Pub, Ryan's Pub as well as a hotel restaurant. The ability of the hotel to store our luggage while we went on overnight trips through Ireland made staying here a worthwhile experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AllisonS835

Thank you for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read all of your comments, and especially those about the location and about getting your sandwich at 11pm on a Sunday. Where we can, we try our best to make everyone happy. I hope to welcome you back to us, if you ever return to Dublin.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I booked a single room and that's exactly what I got - a single bed! (That surprised me, haven't seen one outside of a B&B in years.) Lovely room, v modern & comfy. Shower only in bathroom. I asked to be moved to a room with a double bed and was told I could pay €30 to upgrade. I didn't as the room with double bed didn't have a bath either.

Free wifi, which is always good.

Brekkie in the Ashling is great - huge selection of hot and cold, lots of lovely extras like scones and cheeses and nuts. Gluten free section. Very, very good.

The staff are excellent - pleasant and helpful. Receptionists are welcoming - obviously well trained. My room key wouldn't let me through a connecting door. After going down to reception with it twice, a staff member came up with me (convinced I was doing something wrong) and it wouldn't work for her either. She was v friendly and tried to make the best of it with apologies etc.

Room Tip: If you want a modern room, ask for it