“In a perfect spot”

Ranked #16 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Limerick
“In a perfect spot”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights at the end of April and I have to say for Dublin this is a great hotel in a great location for the price.
Straight across from the train station and 10 mins walk from the Zoo which was the reason for our visit in the first place to bring our small fella to see all the animals.
The staff are lovely and helpful and they all tried to make conversation with our son including bring him out a lollipop while we were setting in reception. These are small things but as most people know when travelling with kids, if they are kept happy than your stay will be a lot easier.
We eat in the bar both nights and the food was lovely and reasonably priced for a hotel in the heart of Dublin.
The rooms were nice and clean and comfortable which is all you want when staying in a city as you spend most of your time on the streets.
All in all for value location and staff of this hotel makes it for me one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in Dublin and the next time I will be booking the Ashling again, perfect for family breaks.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for these lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and that you especially enjoyed the food in our bar. Thank you for saying that our staff are lovely and helpful. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Alan Moody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Galway
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. Staff were very helpful, lobby area is beautiful, car park very handy & reasonably priced.
The room was the let down for me. I was a solo traveller, and was given a small cramped room with an uncomfortable single bed. In all the hotels I have stayed in alone i have always had a decent size bed, but not this time. The WIFI in the room was poor and connection kept dropping.

Shame about the room as otherwise it is a nice hotel & handy for business as right on luas line & close to Heuston

• Stayed April 2014
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you found the location of the hotel good for getting about and that you found the staff helpful. I apologise for the wifi not being great. We have just had it upgraded so I am not too sure what happened there. I hope to welcome you back to us again when you are next here on business.

Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at the Ashling Hotel twice during our travels in Ireland, each time for one night only. The staff was friendly, the rooms were very clean and large, and the beds were comfortable. WiFi worked well in the room. Bathroom was also spacious and clean, which always appeals to me. Actually, the hotel itself is large, with a business hotel kind of vibe. We ate the hotel breakfast just once, and it was really delicious with lots to choose from. I particularly loved the little pear and cucumber smoothie that was served in a shot glass. It was tasty and hydrating, perfect for before a flight. There was so much food to choose and I was full from just the continental offerings (fruit, pastries, yogurt, cereal, etc.) There were some gluten free options too, which was nice to see. I would stay here again, but it was quite a long walk from the heart of the city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Somerican
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stays at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you found the hotel lovely and that you particularly enjoyed the breakfast. We have over 100 items so that everyone gets something that they love, so to read your comments, is just great. I hope you know where to stay again, if you are ever back in Ireland.

Kind regards
Oakdale, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

VERY hard to find entrance, when we arrived (by car) we had to park across street and send someone in to figure out how to get into their entrance and parking lot. Clean rooms and great bar and bartender. Close to transit lines a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was pleased to hear that you found the bartender and the bar great. It can be quite difficult to find out how to get into the hotel car park as the surrounding area is all one-way. Thank you however, for bringing it to my attention, as we will now look and see if it is possible to get some new signage in the area. I hope this does not deter you from returning to us in the future.

Roseville, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was expecting more based on other reviews, but was a nice stay nonetheless.

Location:
Good, right across from the Hueston Station. If you're using Airlink Bus from Dublin Airport, it's the last stop. Easy walk to the downtown/city center area.

Staff:
Friendly, and very helpful

Food:
Did not buy breakfast, but dined in the bar area restaurant for lunch. The food was nothing fancy, but decent; only had salad and soup. The staff there we're not very friendly though.
Instant coffee in the room was good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wanderlustb8
Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you found the location of the hotel good and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us again in the future.

Okehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great location - tram line stops outside hotel to centre of city. Also main station nearby. Within walking distance of Guinness factory too. Hotel rooms are very clean and comfortable - great staff on reception. Fantastic breakfast - freshly cooked, lots of choice. Only regret did not have enough time to sample the very good value evening menu 3 courses for 29 Euros, if breakfast anything to go by would be very good value and great food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to have read all of your comments about your stay and I was especially pleased to hear your thoughts about our breakfast. I am delighted you found the location of the hotel great, and I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I expected this to be a high-quality hotel because of the ranking on trip advisor and I must say I was a little disappointed - not the quality of a 4 star hotel that I am used to. I found the rooms to be stuffy and dated, although they did provide all of the necessities.

I think this would be a great hotel for large groups of people traveling together as there is a large restaurant, bar and comfortable seating areas on the first floor. Very convenient location to Heuston Station and you can walk to the Guinness storehouse. Do not plan to check in even one minute before your scheduled check-in time of 3. Its a busy hotel and it seemed as if maids were still cleaning rooms late into the day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kelley_Kiki
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was pleased to hear that you found our location good for getting about. It is unfortunate that you did not like the style of our rooms and felt that they were not 4* quality. We do be full on most nights, which is why we state that on a lot of occasions we cannot guarantee an earlier check in than our normal 3pm. However, where possible we do try our best. I hope your stay in Dublin was a successful one.

Best Wishes