“Very Hospitable hotel”

Ranked #17 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very Hospitable hotel”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed her for two days the first of June. Staff was amazingly attentive. Rooms were squeaky clean, and the hotel itself was extremely attractive. We enjoyed our stay entirely. The only drawback (not really a drawback) was that our window view was of the adjacent building. I would stay here again in a minute!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you found our rooms clean and the staff great - we think so too. I am delighted to read that you would stay again, and I hope to be able to welcome you back.

Alan Moody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (813)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location. It is away from central Dublin, but convenient to all parts of it. We dropped our car off at Dublin Airport and the bus link dropped us at the train station - less than one block from the hotel. There is a stop very close for the hop-on-hop-off tour bus. A tram runs right past the front of the hotel. We found the rooms spacious, by European standards. Very clean. The front desk staff was most helpful. The hotel appears to host business meetings and conferences. Security is obvious. Very good selection at breakfast in a nice cheery room. This hotel was selected for us by Irishtourism.com - we could not have picked a better hotel.

Room Tip: For dining or pub experience - exit the hotel and turn right. There are at least two neighborhood e...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am delighted that you found the hotel's location great for getting to and from the train station and that you found your room clean and spacious. Thank you for also mentioning the security, as we take our guests safety very seriously. I would be over the moon to welcome you back to us, if you return to Dublin.

Chester
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I have had a wonderful city break in Dublin with my boyfriend to celebrate finishing university. When we arrived at the hotel we had a warm greeting from a very friendly receptionist (brown hair, we didn't catch a name) -excellent customer service.

The hotel was clean and very nicely furnished. When we were in the hotel room there was building work happening for about an hour which was a bit annoying as we were both very tired from traveling.

Aside from that I would recommend this hotel to couples looking for a nice hotel for a city break to Dublin as there is a tram a short walk down the road which takes you straight into the city centre!

The breakfast is very expensive so we found some lovely cafés to have breakfast, I recommend Cinammon Cafe!

Ashlington hotel is very nice and is a good choice of accommodation!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay and that you will hopefully be back. I apologise for the building work, and hope that it didn't annoy you too much. Congratulations on finishing university.

Kuopio, Finland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed in Ashling hotel with my family. We all really liked the hotel and enjoyed our stay. The rooms were spacious and beds very comfy! The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast seemed to change every morning, the first morning it was very good but the next morning it was a bit different and not so tasty. The location of the hotel is excellent! All in all I would recommend Ashling hotel to anyone traveling to Dublin!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am delighted to read your comments about the rooms and about our staff. I would be over the moon to welcome you back to us again in the future.

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was so clean. We had a very spacious room with a king size bed on the end of the third floor, the bathroom was huge, has a large shower plus a soaker tub. The only down full of being in the front of this hotel was we could hear so much noise coming from the train etc. had a good view of Guinness and the Floozy in the Jacuzzi! If I had to ever go back to Dublin I would stay here again but really not wanting to go to this city. Also food was nice!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments about the Ashling Hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your room and felt that it was extremely clean. It is a shame to read your comments about the city itself, as it is usually clean also. I would hope that if you did come back to Dublin, you would come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was incredibly impressed with this hotel. They were super accommodating, allowing my husband and I to check in early after our red-eye from NYC. The room was big and very clean, and the breakfast was great. The location is great too. It's a little off the beaten path but within easy walking distance to downtown Dublin. For us, it was perfect because we were able to walk to the train station (with luggage!) to catch our train to Cork. We travel to Ireland once every couple years, and I will definitely book with them again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am delighted to hear that we were able to get you checked in early. We cannot always guarantee it, but we do try our best as we know those long flights can leave guests very tired. I will be delighted to welcome you back to us in a few years time, when you are next in Ireland.

Eire
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed in the hotel for 1 night at the end of April for business meeting in Guinness Storehouse (also a cool location!). The hotel is modern and very clean, the rooms are well designed, bed comfy and the wi-fi works! There is a multi-storey car park which is attached to the hotel which was a god-send. The luas is just down from the hotel and its 5 mins to O'Connell street the centre of dublin or if you are feeling energetic a 20 minute walk. Although I was there for business I would stay there again as its so easy to get in and out by car without having to battle with the traffic on the Quays.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you felt we were great for a business stay but that you would also come back to us on a leisure basis. Thank you for mentioning our location, we feel it is great for getting about the city too.