“Very Impressed: Value, Location, Food, Decor”
Review of Ashling Hotel

Ashling Hotel
Ranked #13 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a great hotel. The decor is superb and I really enjoyed staying here.

It's very easy to find the hotel, its only 30 minutes from the airport. Its located opposite the Guinness Factory so you can easily find your way back here from anywhere. The best thing is that the hotel is a few steps away from Dublin's Heuston station which was great for me traveling to different parts of Ireland. I noticed there were always plenty of taxis outside the hotel which makes a difference when you are in a rush.

I thought the food here was fantastic. The breakfast choice was really very good, hot and cold with lots to choose from and it was available until 10am which I appreciated. I also ate in the bar area which provided the same good service.

My room was cozy, warm, good size and a nice bath in the bathroom. I was happy to find lots of wardrobe space and plenty of hangers, again, it makes a difference. I was happy to find a safe in my room. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear you found our location great as a base when in Dublin. Thank you for also mentioning the food and your room. I am so pleased that you were happy with both. I will look forward to welcoming you back to us again.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Just about as good as it gets. Great location, public transportation is almost at the front door, staff is very, very friendly and helpful and you'll not find a better breakfast buffet in the city. All this plus clean rooms and comfortable beds.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to read your comments and especially pleased to hear that you found the location great and the staff very friendly. I will be delighted to welcome you back to us again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was the only hotel we stayed at during our 3 week of travelling and it was fabulous. Nice spacious rooms, great hot showers, and a fabulous breakfast buffet. We were only ther 1 night but wow. Hotel is walking distance to The BrazenHead pub, the oldest pub in Ireland a must to go and have a drink.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words about your stay with us during your three week trip. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and managed to get to the Brazen Head for a drink - I agree, it is one of the things you have to do whilst you're here. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The hotel and staff could not have been more accommodating. Across from the hotel is a bus stop where you can start the Hop on Hop off tours of the city. It is a 2 day pass and very reasonable compared to taxis. The hotel has an excellent restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you found our location great, and that you found the restaurant excellent. I will be delighted to welcome you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

No problems with the Ashling. Clean and spacious room, responsive front-desk service, decent food at the lounge, which we were lucky stayed open late for the One Direction concert that ravaged the city. Only complaint was that it took some work to figure out how to get the car into the garage with the one-way streets around the hotel. I'd go here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with the service you received. The carpark can be a little tricky and we are hoping to have more signage about to help direct people in, which will hopefully minimise the confusion. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had a one night stay at the Ashling Hotel. Was very impressed with the welcoming staff. Very friendly, efficient, informative and presented the hotel's offerings in a polite and warm non-pitchy format. The room was well appointed and the bathroom was of a good size. Location, amenities, all on point. Overall very good experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am delighted to hear all of your comments and especially pleased to hear that you found your welcome great. Thank you for also mentioning your thoughts about your room. I would be over the moon to welcome you back to us in the near future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Thank you to the staff of the Aisling Hotel for helping us on the June Bank Holiday Monday. We were a group of 9 women competing in the Flora mini marathon. We walked to the hotel from Heusten station, left our bags there and then the rain started. The lovely lady at reception allowed us to eat our lunch in the lobby and even brought us rain ponchos. We had a lovely meal at the hotel after the race, the only small problem we had was that it took 40minutes for our food to arrive after ordering, which is a long time when you're ravenous after a big day! Overall though we were delighted with the hotel and it looks so nice downstairs that I'm sure the rooms must be lovely too. Thanks again to the Aisling.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for this lovely comment about your time in the Ashling Hotel and congratulations on competing in the Mini Marathon. I have heard that it was a great day for all. Thank you for your comments about the food and please accept my apologies for the delay in the food getting to you. I will mention this to our Head Chef who will look into it further. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us again the future.