“Great Hotel for the Price”
Review of Ashling Hotel

Ashling Hotel
Ranked #17 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Denver, Colorado
“Great Hotel for the Price”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel for the price for my family vacation. Well rated hotels closer to down town were much more expensive and I would rather spend my money on tours or food than luxurious surroundings while bouncing through Europe. If I can get some luxury at a good rate I will, but I just couldn't find it this time. That being said, this was a very good above basic hotel. The front staff was friendly and welcoming. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed in a modern feel. My kids had a huge room with twin beds and I get you could fit two more cots if needed. My husband and I had a king sized bed and the room was a bit tight but ok. The baths had shampoos, etc but the hair dryers were worthless. Skip the breakfast unless it is in the room price. We have been to several hotels on this trip that included breakfast and the one at the Ashling just didn't measure up. It's fine if you are in a hurry but the price/quality just didn't work. My husband and I went to the bar for a drink one night and a waiter pounced on us and directed us to a sofa for drinks. 15 minutes later he had not returned so we went to the bar and were served promptly. It's almost as if the food service and the hotel service are managed by two different people and the hotel person is very much better at their job. The hotel is by the National Museum and Guinness Brewery. You can take the LUAS light rail to down town for about €3 round trip. Ryan's FX Pub (or something like that) is a good nearby restaurant for dinner. This was a good functional, hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Catherine D
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you found the location of the hotel great for getting about and that you felt our front office staff were friendly and welcoming. I am sorry to hear that your experience in the bar was not a successful one. I will be sure to look into this, so thank you for bringing it to my attention. I would hope to welcome you back to us in the future.

Alan Moody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (813)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
birmingham
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend lovely hotel staff all very helpful, try and look for the bus from Dublin airport 10 euro return our taxi from the airport was 35euros caught the bus back to the airport from Huston station just opposite the hotel for 6 euros each. Food at the hotel in the bar and the restaurant was excellent Would recommend any one to stay here xx

1 Thank barney1968
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. Thank you for mentioning the food and for saying that you would recommend us to others. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at the Ashling Hotel for 2 nights in May 2014. We really enjoyed our stay, staff are very helpful. Beautiful meals and the breakfast were the best we had during 4 weeks in the UK. Closeby to transport and tourist spots. Would definately recommend and would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a view looking out to the front and the Guiness Factory
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shmick71
Thank you so much for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read your comments about the food and about our location. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us again soon.

Kissimmee
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed 4 nights at the Ashling in June, 2014. The hotel is a good, solid 3, maybe 4 star type of place. very clean and in good repair. While not in the greatest part of town, We had no worries about walking around during the day. The greatest attraction is it's proximity to public transportation. As a previous reviewer mentioned, you can get the 'Airlink 747' bus service from Dublin International to the main rail/ bus hub in Dublin, called Heuston Station, about 200 yards away from the hotel. Heuston station serves local Dublin bus transit, the Luas electric trolley line, some of the Dublin tour bus services, and is the station for Irish Rail service throughout the countryside. A 30 euro pass, good for 3 days, will get you access to the Airlink bus, the local town busses, and the official 'hop on, hop off' tour busses in Dublin, a great deal. The hotel restaurants are very niice, priced about the same as any other like them in the country, and a great value breakfast buffet. The Ashling is a very tour group friendly place, probably their bread and butter, and are very helpful to the tourist trade.

1 Thank Sam D
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you found our location great for getting about and that felt our breakfast buffet was great value. I would be delighted to welcome you back to us again in the near future.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I were here for a 2 night stay in Dublin. We wanted to be close to the train station and this about a 5 min walk. We were able to pick up the Airlink bus at the airport. The last stop is the train station and where you get off for the hotel. It costs 10 pounds per person, roundtrip. The hotel was very nice. We arrived at 1:30 PM and was able to get into our room, although check in wasn't until 3. They will hold your bags for you if you aren't able to get in right away. The room was very clean and comfortable. We booked a Superior King. We didn't really have a view, but that did not bother us. The rooms are air conditioned, which is great for us Texans. We didn't have time to use it, but the hop on/hop off bus stops right in front of the hotel. The Guinness Storehouse is about a 10-15 walk. Our stay included tickets to Guinness. The buffet style breakfast was also included in the package we picked. It was very good and had a little bit of everything. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a rate that includes breakfast
1 Thank Txgirl79
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you found everything about your stay great and that you especially liked the location of the hotel. Thank you for giving our breakfast a special mention. I hope to welcome you back to us if you ever return to Dublin.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at the Ashling Hotel for one night on 8 June 2014. It was our stopping off point after 2 weeks in Ireland before moving on to Denmark. We arrived by train at Heuston Station from Galway and had just a 5 min walk to the hotel. This hotel proved to be right on the money - a lot of more expensive hotels could learn from it. The service was uniformly friendly and efficient. The rooms very well laid out, with good lighting and touches that many forget, such as multiple power points next to the bed (great for charging phones/tablets etc overnight). We ate at the hotel, more out of convenience than desire, but it proved a great choice. The food was excellent, some of the best we had in Ireland, and the waitress was lovely. Check out was efficient and it was just another 5 min walk back to the train station to catch the airport bus. Very convenient. Although the hotel is a fair way out of the city centre, the location near the Heuston Train station, with trains, the airport bus and a LUAS (or tram) stop, with direct link to the city, easily overcome any concerns over the location. I have stayed at a fairly large number of hotels around the world and the Ashling was one of the most satisfactory I've stayed at. I would definitely recommend this hotel, particularly if travelling on throughout Ireland (there is parking available) but even for a stay in Dublin itself. Our only regret was the shortness of our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank newkstar
Thank you so much for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel's location great for getting about the city, and also for getting to and from the airport. Thank you for saying about the staff and the food, I truly appreciate it. I hope to welcome you back to us again, if you are ever back in Dublin.

Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We found The Ashling Hotel to be a modern hotel with all the amenities, in a great location! The staff was warm and helpful! We enjoyed an excellent dinner in the bar area and a delicious breakfast in the dining room, on more than one occasion. We would definitely return!

1 Thank Mike B
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you found everything great and that you even took some photos. I hope to welcome you back to us again, if you are returning to Dublin.