“Very good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Beith, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband took me to this hotel for my birthday weekend. We had a lovely time,the hotel in within 2 minutes walking distance from the train, bus station, tour bus just round the corner, tram within 3 minutes walk and the hotel is within walking distance of the Guinness brewery and Jameson brewery. The staff were friendly, helpful and polite, nothing was too much trouble. The room was clean to a high standard and fresh. Would recommend the Ashling Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you found our location great for getting about. I hope you had a fantastic birthday weekend and I hope to welcome you back to us again.

Alan Moody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (777)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have stayed here numerous times. The staff are very friendly, the food is lovely and the hotel is in a perfect location it is very close to the city centre and Heuston station. The rooms were clean and modern. The hotel is well worth a stay and certainly value for money!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you have been with us on many occasions and I hope you will continue to stay. I am delighted to read that you find our staff friendly and the locations great. I hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for walking to both the Guinness brewery and old Jameson's distillery, also into Dublin city centre. We found the room nice and clean, although probably due a refurbishment soon as a little dated. Restaurant downstairs was also of good quality.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location great. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Attending the O2 Eagles Concert, this Hotel was the perfect place to stay. Breakfast just fab with loads of choice, friendly staff, value for money and easy to get in & out of city. Our third visit this year, have to say it works well for coming from west of Ireland.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jarlethgalway
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for this lovely review about your third visit to the Ashling this year. I am delighted that we have obviously made a great impression on you, as you continue to stay with us. Long may it continue.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Clean rooms, big fluffy pillows, good service, a good range of food. Two minutes to the luas (tram), two to the hop on bus, and five to the station, right opposite the Guinness factory, just down from the museum, walkable to many pubs. Maps of the town at reception. This is a good place to stay, in our opinion.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words about your stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am delighted to hear you mention the big fluffy pillows as I think they are great, and I was also pleased to hear your thoughts about the location. I am pleased you felt the hotel was great for getting about Dublin. I hope to welcome you back to us again, if you return to Dublin.

Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at the Ashling in June, 2014 and had a wonderful stay. The front desk staff were very knowledgeable and anxious to help. We were able to get information on the bus system and purchase our 2-day pass right at our hotel. They hotel is conveniently located right on the hop on - hop off bus route and is within walking distance of the train station. Located in a quieter area of Dublin without being an inconvenient distance from Temple Bar and other areas of interest.

We booked two of the premium rooms for the first 2 days of our stay and then transferred to a triple, basic room for our last night as we were leaving in the middle of the night for our flight. The hotel coordinated the transfer of our luggage to the new room while we were out sightseeing so we had no delays or issues with the switch.

The food service at the hotel was excellent. We enjoyed our breakfast there each morning and had a wonderful supper in their dinning room one evening. Be sure to try the Eton Mess if you get a chance, wonderful!

Room Tip: Spend the money on the upgraded rooms, they are beautiful!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed it so much and that we were able to make your room change as easy as possible. Thank you for your comments about the staff and the food. I hope to welcome you back to us again, if you ever return to Dublin.

Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last night for the Kings Of Leon concert. The fact is there is very little to complain about when it comes to the Asking Hotel. It's an oldish hotel and it's age is showing in places dispite what looks like a recent renovation. Our room was, by and large very clean but the bathroom is proper annoying, not because it's really dirty or anything but I hate, hate, hate bloody shower curtains that cling to you as you shower. The tiles around the shower/ bath are mouldy and the extractor was as useless as a chocolate teapot which causes the massive mirror in the bathroom to steam up and become unusable for ages.
The buffet breakfast was exceptional even if the staff there were for the most part unfriendly (a few smiles go a long way). The pot of coffee I got with my breakfast was on of the best I've ever had.
We payed €119 for one night b&b and this reflects the true value of a stay here and would definitely stay again at a similar price.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank deekayee
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am pleased you found your room clean and the breakfast buffet great. I do agree with you about the steam on the mirror, and this is something we will have to look into, so thank you for bringing it to my attention. I do hope to welcome you back to us in the future.