“Excellent choice!”

Ranked #17 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent choice!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a great place to stay. Close to Heuston Station so it makes an easy trip from/to the airport also close to the Luas tram which makes it easy to get around town. Staff are all very friendly and willing to help with anything you wish. Breakfast buffet is out of this world. Had one dinner in the bar and that was perfect too. Bought a room upgrade on arrival and result was amazing, Were given room 552 with air conditioning, massive bed and bathroom + great views.

Room Tip: If it's within your budget book a deluxe room, it is wonderful.
2 Thank HMK2310
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling. I was so pleased to hear that you found everything great with your stay and that you mentioned our staff. I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and found our location great with regards to the airport and the LUAS. I hope to welcome you back to us again.

Alan Moody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I did a lot of research before booking this hotel as I had not been to Ireland before. I wanted something close to amenities without being right in the centre of it all and the Ashling hotel was perfect!
Just across the street from the train station and Hop On/Off Bus made travelling quite easy. Buses frequent the train station from city centre so it's easy and cheap to hop on one after a night/day out.
The hotel itself was lovely. Very spacious with comfortable beds. The toiletries provided were lush!
The shower was hit and miss with very little water pressure and the walls are quite thin so if you are a light sleeper I suggest ear plugs.
The breakfast was amazing. Absolutely everything you could want. Very fresh tasting and of excellent quality. I only paid the 10 Euro for the Continental as I dont like hot breakfast and it was well worth the money.
Tip:
Guinness Storehouse is across the street but quite difficult to find as the back faces the hotel so you have to go around it from the right hand side.
All in all a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Terra N
Thank you very much for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to read all of your comments and especially pleased to hear that you found our location perfect for getting about Dublin, without being in the centre of everything. Thank you for also saying that the staff are lovely, and I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff were very helpful with our needs. Our room was well appointed and comfortable. Full breakfast for an additional charge was very good and lots of choices. We spent 4 nights there and were lucky to have a room with air conditioning during a time they were calling a heat wave. After chatting with some of the other people staying at the hotel we found out all rooms didn't have air. That is a problem when it quite warm. We stayed around Ireland for 12 nights in differant hotels and this was the only one with air. Hotel seemed very safe and you had to use you card to get on to your floor. Options close by for travel around town if you don't have a car.

Room Tip: If its warm ask for room with air. You can't open the windows!
1 Thank SherryElkins
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you found the rooms comfortable and that you felt the hotel was safe. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Kindest Regards
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in Ashling hotel with my family for 2 nights within a short break in Dublin in July '14. I was pleased with all aspects of my stay-the location is perfect to discover the city as it is next door to the bus station (Heuston station), walking distance to the great Dublin Zoo park and several city landmarks, as well as the bus stop of the hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus. So, for a tourist with little time in his hands, it is extremely convenient as a spring board to explore the city.
The breakfast was very satisfactory in terms of quality, choice and quantity and freshly prepared items such as irish breakfast and good bread were amongst what was on offer. The service was friendly and warm, especially at the reception desk. We had dinner in the hotel's Chesterfields restaurant (vegetarian choices) with which we were pleased. My only minor remark (which is not the hotel's fault) is that we were given an adjoining room (with the separating door locked) and the family next to us were a bit noisy until late at night and early in the morning. To be precise, the level of noise was not excessive on their part but the insulation and quality of wall was such that the noise was a little bit disturbing.
Although nothing very inspiring (this is a conventional and rather characterless hotel), this is a very decent hotel choice for a city holiday, and although not cheap it represents a good quality to price ratio, clean and satisfying. I would stay again if I visited Dublin and I would recommend it to friends without hesitation.

Room Tip: It seems there are two types of rooms, more modern-looking renovated ones and others which are very...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Moustique777
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you found the hotel staff helpful and that you enjoyed the food at the hotel. I am delighted to hear that you would recommend us to others, and I hope to welcome you back to us soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I just returned from 2 weeks in Ireland. We started in Dublin and worked our way south and west and then north up to Belfast. We spent our first 2 nights in Dublin at the Ashling Hotel.

I cannot say a single negative thing.
1. Excellent location, right by public transit and right by the hop on / hop off bus!
2. Breakfast was awesome!
3. Staff was very friendly and gave us a GREAT suggestion for dinner (Hairy Lemon).

There are a lot of hotels and B&Bs in Dublin. If you are overwhelmed with where to stay, you cannot go wrong here.

Room Tip: I think the front of the hotel faces the street.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling. I was delighted to hear that you found our staff great and that you found our location excellent. Thank you for recommending us to others, and I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Best Wishes
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

1 week in Dublin in this wonderfull place .Everything was perfect (rooms /breakfast /staff) . A spécial message for Iveagh bar staff they are professionnals and helpfull ( thank you GEORGI ) we will come back again ..

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ninie C
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for this lovely review of your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to hear that everything was perfect and that Georgi received a special mention. I am delighted to hear that you will be back to us in the future.

Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights last week. Was within a 5 minute walk of Heuston Station and cost us 10 euros each for a return ticket - well worth it!
Arrived at hotel and was available to check in, our room was 507 which over looked other rooms. It was lovely and clean but in need of wee update. We left our bags and went out for the night. Would say it's like a 20 minute walk into town center.
On returning in late evening when entering our room we were immediately hit by the warmth (no heating on) a fan was supplied by the hotel but even with that on we both struggled to sleep and this was every night! Our rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels provided. Bar area was lovely and clean.
We did the bus tour which was excellent and would recommend. Shopping was fab and in general there was a whole buzz about the place. We went to Bewleys Cafe for our breakfast which we would recommend. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay but maybe the management should look into investing in air conditioning which is much needed!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to read your thoughts about our location and our bar area. There were a particularly hot few days there last week, and I hope they did not cause you too much discomfort. I am delighted that you enjoyed your whole trip to Dublin.

Best Wishes