“Wish I stayed longer!”

Ranked #17 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Canberra, Australia
“Wish I stayed longer!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Super convenient as one block from the Hueston Rail Centre and Airbus to airport. The Luas line also stops near hotel which will get you to the city centre within 10 minutes. I inky stayed one night after a tour ended at the train station and was very impressed. The staff at the hotel are really friendly and the hotel room was clean and big. Great shower and huge comfy bed. Lovely hotel

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for these lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you found everything great and wished you could have stayed longer. This means you have to come back to us soon.

Alan Moody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (812)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Ashling Hotel was by far the nicest hotel we stayed in while traveling around Ireland. We were very surprised at how nice it was upon our arrival given how affordable it was. Having said that, the great value comes at the expense of a not so ideal location. It is best to stay here if you don’t mind being a pretty far walk from Temple Bar, Grafton Street and some of the busier parts of the city. Though, it is a great location to stay if you need to be near the Heuston train station for any reason for an early train or bus, which is why we stayed there on our last night in Dublin. The front desk was also kind enough to let us check in early.

Not much else to say – was a huge, very nice room for a great price. If you ask for a room facing the front of the hotel, you will get an amazing view of the Guinness brewery. We highly recommend if the not-so-central location won’t bother you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel for a great view of the Guinness brewery (see attached...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased you enjoyed your time in Dublin and that you liked your room. We are slightly out of the city centre, but we do have the LUAS that brings you right into the heart of things in minutes. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed just 2 nights here and were very appreciative that the front desk staff could happily accommodate our request to check in early.
Our room was first floor & facing the street so the trams ran right outside our window but didn't really bother us.
The room was exceptionally clean and well-maintained.
My key card became demagnetized and, again, front desk staff were promptly on the case.
Ideally situated across the bridge from Heuston Station and steps away from one of the stops made by the Hop On-Hop Off Bus, we couldn't have asked for a better location.
Two points: It took us a couple of minutes to figure out that one key card needed to be inserted into the receptacle just inside the door (at all times) for the electricity to be activated and the throw cushions on the bed were like concrete so don't use them in a pillow fight!
We enjoyed our stay and would come here again.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, request a room that does not face the road as trams run by here frequ...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so delighted to hear that you found our front desk staff great and the room clean. I was also pleased that you found the location great for getting about. I hope to welcome you back to us again soon.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My family and I stayed here (not for the first time) August 2014. There was a minor mix up with our room on arrival, but it was sorted out pretty quickly. No issues there.
The staff are very, very good. The food in the restaurant is also quite nice. Breakfast was also very good.
My little irritation would be with the little double bed in our room. While my wife and I were never going to play basketball, the bed would probably be better suited to two hobbits!
It's a really great central location in Dublin. Close to the Luas and walking distance to the Zoo.

Big thumbs up for this Hotel.

1 Thank someguyinCork
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Ashling. I always appreciate comments from returning guests as it shows we impressed you so much so, that you returned. I have taken your comments on board about the bed size and I will look into this further, so thank you for bringing it to my attention. I hope to welcome you again to the Ashling.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel was very clean and proved to be ideally located for the city and well served by public transport, rooms were clean and spacious with elegant decor. Had meal in the bar in the evening food was good in very pleasant surroundings

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was delighted to read that you found the rooms clean and spacious, and the food good. I hope to welcome you back to us again.

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had a weekend in Dublin and spent one night at the Ashling. The hotel was fantastic, we had a very generous size room, comfortable beds, a clean and modern bathroom. Staff at reception were very helpful and provided us with a great service, leaving luggage at the hotel even after we checked had out, as we had a late afternoon flight so were able to explore Dublin more.

Hotel is well connected to bus and trams stops only 150 meters either side of the hotel, so don't be put off by the distance from Dublin city centre. Even a walk is only 30-35 minutes into the centre along the Liffey. Nice breakfast provided with plenty of choice. Very impressed with this hotel.

3 Thank James-nh03
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I was so pleased to read that you found the staff helpful and your room comfortable. Thank you for your positive comments about the breakfast also. I hope to welcome you back to us again.

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at the Ashling Hotel with a tour group from the U.S. The hotel is beautiful and the room was very comfortable and large. My sister and I ate dinner in the bar and it was delicious! I got the Irish Stew. It was very good. We also had breakfast there the two mornings and it was very bountiful with many choices. I plan to return to Dublin in a year or so and will return to the Ashling Hotel. It was very convenient to walk many places too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank hymanb
Thank you so much for you lovely comments about your recent stay at the Ashling Hotel. I am delighted that you and your sister enjoyed the food and found your room large and comfortable. I hope to welcome you back to us again if you are ever back in Ireland.