Ashling Hotel
  • Free Internet
Harding Hotel(Dublin)
Great 4.5/5
4,860 results
All reviewsphoenix parkiveagh barguinness factorynancy handsheuston train stationcity centresuperior king roomgreat hotelnational museumminute walktram linekilmainham gaolbreakfast buffetluas stopacross the riverbreakfast was amazingbar food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2007

we had 2 nights bed and breakfast at the ashling ,in april ,
20 ladies,2 triple rooms(1 double bed and 2 single beds )
and 7 twin rooms.everyone was more than satisfied,with the breakfast, all staff, food at lunchtime and also food in the evening
the hotel was very clean and nothing was too much trouble ,we all said we would stay there again
we paid 132 english pounds including flight from ryan air
would recommend this hotel to any age group,

• Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank jean7
Reviewed 20 April 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in April. When we got back I had to pull up trip advisor and re-read reviews to make sure we had stayed at the same hotel. We trusted all of the reviews we read prior to booking and felt this would be a good find and meet our expectations and needs. We chose it because we had an early rail tour one morning. We decided to trade staying downtown for the convenience of being near the train station and it was a little cheaper. We were in a similar situation in Munich last year and had a good experience with a hotel with the same qualities there.

Well, we were completely fooled by the reviews. I don’t know that I’ve ever posted a negative review on trip advisor, but this will be my first. This hotel did not even come close to our expectations. I look for 2 things in a hotel – a clean bathroom and a clean bed. I will give them that the bathroom was clean (with other problems I’ll mention later), but the beds were horrible. The sheets didn’t even look like they had been changed from the last stay. There were hairs everywhere. It was a bit repulsive. The beds were old and uncomfortable which I can usually overlook, but the lack of cleanliness made this even worse.

As I said, the bathrooms were clean, thank goodness, but they definitely had some operational flaws. The water completely stopped for a while in the middle of my husband’s shower. On several occasions the toilet simply wouldn’t flush. It appeared to be due to lack of water.

The hotel was near the train station, but I would highly recommend getting a ticket on the Luis to get back from downtown at night. It just didn’t feel safe in the area. The Luis light rail runs right in front of the hotel with a stop about a block away.

I will say that I have stayed in worse hotels, but I just can’t believe from the other reviews that we are even speaking of the same place. This hotel was definitely not worth the 20-30 euros we saved or the convenience of the rail station. Spend the money to stay closer to city center at a clean hotel.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank pug13
Reviewed 14 April 2007

Went over to Dublin to see a concert in the Olympia Theatre, Dame Street. Stayed 2 nights 12/04 and 13/04. Had requested a smoking room but was given a non-smoking room then beloved went downstairs and had it changed. What a lovely room. spacious, L shaped so you felt the sleeping area was almost separate, huge bed and windows that opened- left them open as it was very warm. Breakfast was great with very attentive but not obtrusive staff- full English or/and continental. Walked most of the time to centre but tram was easy to use- Heuston Station is just across the road. Went to the Millennium bar on first night, wonderful live Irish group. Second night went to see our concert and had a lovely Chinese meal at Fans(60 Dames Street)-early bird 13.50Euros for 2 courses and very tasty and good sized portions-left over half of it. Realised what a good choice we had made staying slightly outside centre when we left theatre about 10.30p.m. with all the youngsters starting their night out , knowing that they will probably unwittingly disturb other guests in their chosen hotels. Go there again Yes!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lelanni
Reviewed 7 April 2007

My boyfriend and I spent 3 nights here in September. We did alot of research to find a good place for our money (students..) and we both thought we got a pretty good deal with this hotel!

The location was good, the walk was abit much after a full day shopping but quite nice first thing in the morning and the tram stop is literally just across the road and goes all the time so really useful!

The hotel itself was really nice, hallways could maybe do with a bit of redecoration but it's not as if you spend that much time there anyway!

My only "problem" was how small our room was - TINY - absolutly nothing like any of the photos. However, saying that in my opinion the decoration was actually much nicer than the photos (looked very modern) and the bathroom was absolutly lovely (again very modern) it was just very, very small.

Also, the cleaners were quite noisey early in the morning and once didn't knock to come in - fortunately we were just about to leave anyway but a knock doesn't take much effort!!

All in all though an excellent choice if you are literally after somewhere to sleep!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank welshgirlhelen
Reviewed 29 March 2007

I checked this hotel out throughly online before booking 3 nights there, I had a good idea of what to expect from other reviews but I have to say I was still surprised at how pleasant my stay was. The room was clean and comfortable, there was plenty of space for clothes etc and room service came daily. The bathroom was lovely and clean and there was plenty of hot water for a bath or a shower. The hotel is on the outskirts of Dublin but the city centre is only 5 minutes away by Luas (its worth getting a day ticket if you plan to make a few trips or plan to see various different places in one day and beware the ticket inspectors are not lenient if you are caught without a ticket!) they run til 12.30am so you can stay out pretty late. I would recommend a drink in the guinness lounge but it is a bit pricey, generally a round of 2 drinks came to around €9 which is about the average price we paid all over Dublin but 2 vodka and oranges cost a whopping €14! Breakfast was expensive so we didn't bother with it. The staff were friendly and polite and we felt very welcome. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a hotel in a quiet location (there was no noise from our room) but with easy links into the city. The view wasn't much to look at but we made friends with a neighbours cat who would sit on the roof below our window and sunbathe. All in all, good value and i'd definately come back again.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple