“Camden delux - wear earplugs !!!”

Camden Deluxe Hotel
Ranked #132 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel is 15 mins walk from centre if you like ... o'connell st ect .
Rooms tidy - bed very very comfy . Tea & coffee facility - hair dryer & iron provided .
Staff very friendly & helpful .
It is very very noisy on this street ! Bars & clubs surround hotel & ppl coming and going all night till 5am - taxis beeping horns constantly .
Wouldnt stay again because of this .

There are newer reviews for Camden Deluxe Hotel

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We booked this through groupon and was our first trip to Dublin and was for my friends birthday so was very disappointed when we had looked on line at the lovely rooms and ended up with the room we got which was like someones spare room. The furniture was tatty we had one curtain which covered a wonky blind overlooking the beer garden of the nightclub next door. The tv had two channels and was an old fashioned portable which had a tiny screen. The bed however was very comfotable and the bathroom was fine. We had booming music till half three in morning and only managed to sleep with ear plugs. We got up in morning to find we had no hot water and when rang reception they said whole city was the same just now which after talking to locals was crap!! we had to ask for our free bottle of wine which was red and neither drank red but got a lovely receptionist who made sure we got a white one she was the only one who gave us time of day others were not firendly at all. The coffee shop next door is lovely for breakfast and staff friendly. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone and certainly wont stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the front although not sure what they are like wouldnt be as noisey.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I must apologise for the delay in my response, I stayed with my girlfriend in April and this is me only getting round to completing this now . . .
We had a good stay, we had a nice large bed in a clean and comfortable room. This hotel is located next to a night club so be careful when booking as noise may disturb your stay. I would recommend the hotel for people who will be going out and having a good night out in Dublin. When we stayed we were not disturbed by the noise.
There is a café attached, so you can get a breakfast there. We didn't use this facility so cant recommend it.

Thanks for a nice stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mr_Handsome1875
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The hotel looks very unpreposessing from outside, but once you go inside you feel at home. Our room was clean and comfortable and reception were very helpful and friendly.
We weren't disturbed by any noise, and slept well in comfortable beds. It is an excellent location for all clubs, bars, restaurants etc, and we would definitely recommend it for your next trip to Dublin.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bernieboz
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We had an early flight so arrived at hotel 08:30 and were able to check in which was a bonus. woman at reception was very helpful with maps and information and sorted us taxis for early morning pick up for flight home. A few bars and cafes on the

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank andyramage
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very important to note - this hotel makes clear that it has an onsite club that does not operate on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday nights. Because of this, I made certain to book on those nights (except for Thursday where I intended to go to the club). **HOWEVER** And this is a big however - it transpired that there are other Extremely Loud clubs nearby that *do* operate on these nights. Consequently, my partner and I could not sleep every night (or morning) until 3am when the clubs let-out. It was pretty horrific actually. My partner is not even a light sleeper and can normally sleep through anything and even he found it annoying to say the least. Needless to say, we didn't bother going to the hotel club on the Thursday night because we were knackered.

The first morning we asked to be moved to another room because of the club that was below our window that first night, and they were very obliging and did move us, but it didn't make a blind bit of difference. Yes - certainly it was in a city centre but if you don't know Dublin and didn't know there were clubs near by that are going to be loud - the hotel should have made this more clear. I think they have recently updated their website and put a review on stating this (I booked many months back). When the club let-out at 3am on the last night, there was about an hour of noise in the streets, people yelling, car horns beeping, whilst everyone made their way home.

DO NOT stay at this hotel if sleep is important to you. We are the kind of people who like to get up early (7-8am) and enjoy a full day of touring, but due to the fact that we couldn't sleep until 3/4am every night - we didn't get up until 11am, and missed our opportunity to experience a full-Irish breakfast nearby most mornings and it really cut into our time to explore Dublin.

Another few things about the rooms - this hotel is a 2-star hotel so don't expect much. It was fine for what it was, but the first room we stayed in, the curtain did not even cover the window, the shelf in the bathroom was tilted so everything rolled off, and the beds were very sunken. The second room was a bit better, but still - I think they need to get some suitable curtains that cover the windows. At least the second room had a blind. On top of that, for some weird reason there are no plugs near the kettle stuff so you have to move it and put it on the bedside table to use it.

On a positive note, though, - I absolutely cannot fault this hotel for the price. It cost me about £100 (a groupon deal) which included 3 nights stay and a free CitySightSeeing tour over two days. For that price, it really is extremely good value for money. However, you must know that if you pay this price - you really get what you pay for. The free fruit in the lobby was a nice touch too and the hotel does look quite nice for the price of it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KitKatKor
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I booked 3 nights with this hotel after I purchased a deal on Groupon for it. After booking I was told that the hotel had a nightclub attached that is open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. I was staying Tuesday-Thursday so I didn't think much of it.

Arriving at the hotel it was very nice. We got checked in early and quickly which is a plus. The room was a little small, but the bathroom was a good size. The TV didn't work, but that didn't affect us so I never told the front desk. A big problem though was the little to no WiFi connectivity in the room. I could only get one bar and that was only in certain areas of the room.

I expected there to be a night club Thursday night, but at 4pm on Tuesday extremely loud music started to play. I was not warned about the outdoor beer garden directly behind the hotel. It was so hot our windows needed to be opened, although closing them didn't help at all to drown out music. At 10pm I inquired when this restaurant/beer garden would be closing and the man at the front desk said between 12:30 and 1:30 am. I'm not sure when it finally closed because once it did there were enough venues playing loud music in the area to pick right up where the beer garden left off. Wednesday afternoon/night were the exact same. Thursday started the same, but the night club... OMG. What a nightmare. Music, people screaming, breaking bottles, etc. We left very early for the airport at 330 am and the streets were filled with people who left all the night clubs at 3am.

This hotel was a good value for me because of the groupon deal. The location is central to Grafton St and St Stephens Green, but Dublin in general is an extremely walkable city. If you plan on staying out all night the noise won't bother you. But if you plan on sleeping during your vacation, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013