“Good Location”

Ranked #43 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Seattle, Washington
“Good Location”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel in March 2012 on our first trip to Dublin. They have pretty easy parking accross the street from the hotel, and the hotel gives you a discount on parking fees as well. Hotel is in good shape, and in a good location, easy walking discount to whatever you want to see. Staff was always very friendly. The bar next door called the Living Room was pretty good too, had live music on the weekends.

1 Thank Sarita07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Halmstad, Sweden
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Thin walls so you could hear people cough in the room next to yours. Just beside the hotel is a bar/nightclub so avoid a room againt the street. Very nice staff. We did not have breakfast.

Halmstad, Sweden
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We were satisfied with our room, it had enough space and the beds were very comfortable. Wall to wall carpet was a minus. Small bathroom in good condition. Wireless internet worked in our room but we had friends who had problems in their rooms. The room also had a safety box. No minibar or refrigerator.
The free local TV channels were too blurry to watch, they also offered pay TV, perhaps it would have been a better television image if you chose that alternative. The hotel itself including the reception and bar looked a lot like the seventies or eighties, not very modern or charming. The hallways had carpets that almost made you seasick.
Friendly staff in the reception.
We had no breakfast included so I don´t know if it was good.
Considering the reasonable price we found the hotel good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn´t face the street, because there is a night club next door and the music a...
Ireland
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I too was a lastminute.com customer and was stung with the smallest hotel room ever known to man. I really didnt think it would be legal to have rooms this size. Certainly not fit for habitation by two people. Luckily I was travelling alone ( or should that be unluckily). Minimal room for any luggage. Certainly no room for cases for two people ( unless you store one in the shower when not in use) A desk area that could not be used as when you tried to pull the chair back it crashed into the bed. (Yes they were that close!) So it was not possible to sit at the desk at all.Totally pointless. Also the bed was so close to the walls on BOTH sides it was difficult to get in and out of bed/ get dressed with any semblance of comfort. Not even possible to walk around with ease to one side of the bed as the wall came in at a funny angle. Would be very difficult to make a hasty exit form this room in case of fire/emergency.
Located at the back of the building looking over a noisy beer garden. Noise kicked off at 12 in the day and went on til 3 am. A vent located high on the wall allowed the noise to enter the room. Overall quite the disaster. I wont be returning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank eliz-ire
Athlone, Ireland
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Its a lovely hotel in a quiet street just off O'Connell St. Room was small but just fine for a night's stay staff at reception were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Wales
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This ia a bustling visitor/tourist hotel. It serves it's purpose and I guess the real bonus is how friendly and obliging the staff are. My hotel room was good and I had value for money. Breakfast was included and again the standard here was high. Although I did not eat in the restaurant someone who did, said they weren't too impressed. The bar is fine but gives the impression of passing through trade rather than a pub atmosphere. Good location just off O'Connell street and main shoping area.Plenty of restaurants locally. The main lively centre is Temple bar 5 mins in Taxi or 15mins walk across the liffy.

Room Tip: shop around on the travel site
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ebass
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I recently stayed here due to having to catch an early morning flight from Dublin as I was on my own on this occassion I wanted somewhere close to town as normally I would stay closer to the airport when travelling like this.

The reason why I choose to give it three stars is due to I can only review the hotel as I did not experience the bar restaurant.

On check in staff seemed to be friendly and efficient and welcomed me to my first stay there. I was handed my room key and off I went to find my room, the room itself seemed to be a corner room down at the end of a corridor. The room itself was functional with a double bed and a small bit of storage and a room safe that would not work. I couldn't be bothered reporting it due to my short stay and I would be in the room most of the time. If I were there for longer perhaps I would have reported it.

Went out for dinner and came back to the room, I found the tv kind of confusing as the free tv channels seemed to be difficult to find, instead they seem to offer the pay tv as the first couple of menu options.

The in room wifi was also a disappoitment with it only working on one part of the bed and at that it was very slow, thankfully I was able to pair my laptop to my phone for the internet access that I required.

Up again at 5 and check out was easy enough the desk clerk thought this was an unusual time to check out but then again this is the customers prerogative but did not bother me too much.

The hotel itself was great for the 747 airport bus as it stops right outside the front door and the hotel itself is dead centre which is probably great for tourists.

Would I stay here again, maybe not as I have my own favourite hotel when I tend to visit Dublin but on this occassion I got a good rate and it served it's purpose for my short few hours visit.

Room Tip: Convenient to O'Connell Street for tourists. Easy access for an aiport bus at a very early ho...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo