“Birthday week”

Academy Plaza Hotel
Ranked #43 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Reasonable hotel clean and quiet in a convenient place for Dublins sights. Shame about positioning of tv in room which is completely unwatchable from bed, although good view could be had whilst sitting on toilet and leaning forward!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Academy Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 12 February 2014

stayed there for 2 nights staff very polite and friendly rooms very comftorable food great hotel spotless excelent location would recomend to a friend very enjoyable stay will be going back soon one of best hotels in city centre

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed in this hotel on the 19th of December for a concert, wasn't sure of location so rang the hotel and receptionist was more than glad to direct me, check in was very fast and they gave us the option of a smoking/non-smoking room, we got the smoking room. Room was a bit small (it didn't bother us as we weren't going to be there much anyway) and extremely clean. We went to the concert (got the Luas to the O2 which was a few minutes walk away) and were back at around half 11 to which we were welcomed by smiling staff, we got changed and headed out on the town , this hotel is so close to everything , we came back to hotel at 5 in the morning and had no problem getting in. The next day we checked out but wanted to wander the city for a while and the receptionist had no problem in keeping our bags in the luggage room for as long as we wanted! All in all great service, brilliant location and friendly staff, I would definitely recommend this place.

I would also like to mention a bar next door called the living room, a really really REALLY nice bar that you shouldn't pass if staying at this hotel ;)

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Spent another night in this lovely hotel. Great staff, great rates. Wonderful value for money. And free internet. Breakfast had a variety of hot cooked food,cold meats and fruit. Tea coffee making in the rooms as well. The 12.00pm checkout allowed us a leisurely departure. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed for one night to catch RBS 6 Nations match. Hotel is well located within easy walking distance to Temple Bar as well as Connolly and Tara railway stations. Room was clean and comfortable although a bit small but average size for city hotel. Bed linen was spotless as was the en-suite bathroom. There is a car park just across from the hotel which is very reasonable for city center parking, about 15 euro a day with the hotel discount. Breakfast was plentiful was lots of choice. Great start to the day. All in all a very pleasing stay and I,m sure that I stay gain when next in Dublin

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The Academy Plaza Hotel
I have been to the street Academy Plaza Hotel on Parnell Square Dublin city centre just off o Connells. It’s a short walk to Dublin Temple Bar. It’s also a good place to stay if you are going to a concert in the Academy because they are very close to each other.
The outside of the building is boring and just looks like a block of apartments and I think that the entrance is too plain. But don’t judge a book by its cover I found the inside of the hotel to be very nice and the staff wear friendly.
The bed room were not very big but that’s okay because they looked good. The beds wear decorated with red pillows and I found them to be comfortable. The bathrooms wear nice I liked the marble that the counters wear made out of the baths wear nice and big. The showers wear also big. . They also had tiger print chairs witch I found to be interesting as it added more life to the room.
The bar was good and the food was also nice. I had the breakfast, I got the full English breakfast which was nice but very graze but all fries are.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Best Western Plus Academy Plaza Hotel
I am an well traveled American and have stayed in other European hotels but our 100 (10x10) sq foot hotel room was a bit much! I would rate the hotel room 2/5 because my spouse and I were unable to unpack our small carry-on luggage and we were falling on top of each other! I have never been so uncomfortable EVER! I will say that the hotel was quite clean and the staff manager Owen and Phil agreed to refund our money for subsequent days which was considerate of them and I appreciate it. I just found the pictures to be a bit distorted and because of the angel taken in the photos and the slight differences in the rooms, I was completely taken by surprise. If I am on vacation I have a basic expectation for water in room (n/a at this hotel), ability to unpack (n/a in this room), sleep soundly (club next door too loud into 1:30 am and doors closing from hallway), prompt recognition from staff when customer comes inside to hotel (this was 50/50 and is not reassuring that they appreciate me or they don't care who walks in the door? security concerns), safety of area (a young club next door and drug addict on O'Connell St). It was just too much and I could not relax so if you don't plan to be in a room and you truly are on a budget then staying here is ok but for a savvy traveler who would like a rest from the hustle and bustle of USA choose another area completely. The breakfast was good; staff 50/50.

• Stayed: January 2014