5,136 results
All reviews o'connell street great location temple bar bar next door airport bus hop on hop within walking distance tour buses rooms are small would stay here again stayed here for nights central location buffet breakfast double room trinity college would highly recommend this hotel visiting dublin
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed for one night at the end of a one-week bus tour. The hotel was booked by the tour company. Great downtown location, one block from the hop-on hop-off buses. A very clean room, but by far the smallest accomodations of our trip, smallest bathroom (I was surprised that the door cleared the toilet), very tiny bath towels. A noisy location (we were there during two world cup games, on the side of the hotel that faces a sports bar) but it's in a busy part of tow, so I understand that. TV did not work (we didn't bother complaining about it because it was late, and we were checking out the next morning. Breakfast buffet was awful- thank god for packaged yogurt.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JonathenBell
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were, I believe upgraded, but I'm not quite sure to what level. The staff on reception were helpful and friendly. Our room was quiet, pleasant and well equipped with a clean and very satisfactory bathroom and the beds were extremely comfortable. No complaints really, though the ground floor public areas of the hotel were pretty dull and fairly dated and could do with a make-over. I can't comment on breakfast because there were too many terrific cafes in Dublin for us to waste time on hotel breakfast buffets!

Room Tip: There's a sports bar next to the hotel which might, I guess, get quite noisy at night. So it's as well to get a room on as high a floor as possible and away from the sports bar.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is near most attractions, shops and public transport. Bedrooms small but fitted furniture makes it practical. It's a nice building, apparently new. Confy bed, clean. Staff could be more friendly, after all Irish are famous for hospitality. Very good restaurant and bar.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MARIA C
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a standard double for two nights and asked for a quiet room, so we have no noise from the bar. We do get some from the street when the window is open, but it isn't too bad. The room has everything you'd expect but is a little small. The double bed is also small. Bathroom is very nice although it is a shame they get the cheapest toilet paper. We added the breakfast, and it was a fair price and okay.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank grylle
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. For the price it is not worth it. 200 euro gets you a small room that is laughable (which I get everything is small over here) however the room my parents had was not meant for two people. It fit one suitcase and you had to wait for one person to go around the bed before you could move since it was so small. The windows were tiny that overlooked this roof thing with fake grass where you could see into the rooms across from you. Stayed on the first floor which was incredibly noisy with the bar right outside your window. Also the bathroom had mildew in the shower from it flooding from the previous person so it smelled gross and the hotel could do nothing about it. Would not recommend this hotel just for this one experience alone. Also breakfast was TERRIBLE.

Room Tip: do not stay on ground level!! UP UP UP! higher floors are less quiet I hope.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family