5,175 results
All reviews o'connell street great location temple bar bar next door airport bus hop on hop within walking distance tour buses rooms are small would stay here again stayed here for nights buffet breakfast central location double room trinity college city break would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights while passing through Dublin. The location is fabulous, lots of shopping and eating in the area and walking distance to many of Dublin’s main tourist attractions. There’s also a Hop-On-Hop-Hop off bus stop a short distance away, which makes this hotel a perfect base for exploring the city.
Another huge plus is the Airlink Airport Shuttle stop directly outside the hotel. I used this to get to and from the airport and had no issues.
Rooms are a little on the small side, but I was just using it to sleep so it wasn’t a huge issue. Bed was comfortable, and there were coffee/tea amenities in the room. I will say my room looked a little shabby and overdue for a refresh, but definitely not the worst place I’ve stayed. The room also overlooked some sort of courtyard that contained a bar and there was a fair bit of noise late into the night. I was so tired at the end of the day that I was able to sleep through it, but I imagine this would be very bothersome to some.
I had the breakfast included with my reservation and I highly recommend it! Best hotel breakfast I think I’ve ever had. Large selection of both hot and cold items and fresh coffee.
Overall I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. It is a little pricey compared to hotels of a similar class in other cities, but compared to the pricing of other hotels in Dublin, I would say it’s decent value.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank wtbwordly
Reviewed 9 October 2018

This hotel is very well located to be close to the center, on quiet street, just off O'Connell and short walk to city center, grafton street and temple bar area. Also, the airlink coach from the airport, bus 747 stops right in front of the hotel and return to airport for this bus is just outside the doors of the hotel. Get off at the Cathal Brugha street. The hotel website does not tell you this stop. The rooms are comfortable with plenty of closet space. Bathroom is adequate. The only thing is there are no toiletries provided and only liquid soap dispenser is provided. The internet connection is also very good. There is a hot and cold buffet breakfast which is very good. For those that have to get up early to take a day tour, you can get a continental breakfast at 0600. Otherwise the breakfast starts at 0700. Good service at the restaurant and the reception desk. Overall, a good value for money and worth a stay if you are visiting Dublin. I requested a room on the lower floors near the elevator. Got room 101 which is about as good as you can get.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Glen W
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location in Dublin.The hotel is on a side street off of a main road.
Pros:
-the hotel was clean
- express bus 747 to and from Dublin airport (stop it out front)
- 10 min walk from temple bar
- day trips left from around the corner
- decent size room especially for Europe

Would definitely recommend this hotel. Great location and provided us with what we needed

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018

I stayed here with my mom in September. The location was great - it was just off O'Connell street, which had lots of shops and restaurants within easy walking distance. We used the hop on - hop off bus and the first stop was a short walk away. The room itself was very small but serviceable. We had 2 twin beds and there was only about 4 inches between them. They were on wheels so they moved around a bit at night. There was not room to put the suitcases on the floor and walk around them. We put one suitcase on the desk and 1 in the closet. This allowed a bit of room to walk around the beds. The bathroom had plenty of storage for out items.

The AirLink bus to the Airport also stops right outside the hotel's front door, which was very convenient to use to get to the airport. One was was 7 Euros.

Breakfast was your typical Irish full breakfast buffet. They did have a coffee machine that made great hot chocolate. There was limited choices for fruit, but we found enough to eat.

I should note that tour groups use this hotel so depending on what time they were leaving, breakfast could get a bit crowded, but we were always able to find a table and food was replenished frequently.

If I were visiting Dublin again, I would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank YoungDubFan
Reviewed 7 October 2018

The location of this hotel in its price range is great. It also has quite comfortable beds and is all round clean. Me and my wife had a decent stay and were refreshed the next day. The bathroom was clean and small. I thought the breakfast was alright and had a lot of variety but on the whole it was a nice place to stay for the night.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Seamus B, Manager at Academy Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear taimoorsalmanzahid

Thank you for sharing your review and we are delighted you found our rooms well appointed and took advantage of our great location. Delighted to see that we were a great place to stay for the night and we do hope you will return to us again soon.

Please contact the team on wecare@academyplazahotel.ie

Thanks again.