“Parties”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Maple Hotel

Maple Hotel
Ranked #133 of 153 Hotels in Dublin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
worcs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

when we stayed last november I complained about the illegal smoking in the ned keenans bar . despite saying I would not stay there again as you replied to me saying you had looked at yout cctv and could find no evidence of this illegal activity I belived you had stopped it , so we booked three rooms last weekend . we went in the bar and people were still smoking including the barman (MOSSY) and in the pool room ashtrays are provided. again the music was good and again we had sore throats from the smoke. I also noticed that you do not have any cctv, so in your reply to my last review you were telling me lies . why do you allow people to break the law in what is a very good hotel , or do you only obey the laws you choose for instance do you serve alcohol to under age persons? . Iwill stay at the maple again but the illegal activity must be stopped

Room Tip: not a good hotel if you dont want to breath in second hand smoke
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed there 2 nights and although I had a lovely week end break, this was not thanks to the hotel for sure! It is roughly clean but lots of basic stuff were broken such as the toilet flush, the main light. The staff is friendly-ish but there is bar inside the hotel which is accessible to any clients, not only the hotel's and they let the customers smoke inside so when you go in you feel like you are entering an ashtray (and I am a smoker!!) the smell go up to the rooms on the first floor... Also they do play live music until 2.00am, which obviously involve alcohol and so people being drunk and singing along really loudly (which is ok for a good time), however if you are unfortunate enough to come back tired before that do not expect to sleep then! As for the breakfast, well it is basic too but was cold (try to have beans, egg, sausages and bacon cold... Lovely! -that was sarcastic ;)-)Anyhow all in all I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ema20

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Chelmsford, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I'm not going to sat that The Maple, where we spent the last three nights, is an overlooked gem of bargain luxury because you, me and the hotel all know that I would be lying. What it is, is basic, wallet friendly rooms in easy walking distance of all the Dublin sites and main transport networks. For our two rooms, which were a double and a twin for single occupancy, over three nights (including free wifi and breakfast) we paid well under 300 quid, and that sort of value is hard to find anywhere in Dublin, let alone the centre. The staff are friendly, the rooms a decent size, and even if the decor is a bit tired the whole place was comfortable and clean. If you plan on getting any sleep ask for a room at the back - the hotel can't do anything about its location and the heavy traffic noise is constant. After one sleepless night we asked for, and got, quieter rooms away from the road. These were not such 'good' rooms - one in the basement and one slightly mildewed one in an extension out the back - but they had the redeeming virtue of quiet. So - if you're on a budget and choose your room well you will have a decent stay here, so long as you manage your expectations.

Room Tip: Either stay away from the front rooms or pack earplugs!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank EssexMorvern
Manager-MT21, Public Relations Manager at Maple Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hi Essexmovern

Thank you for your review of The Maple Hotel, your feedback is welcome and helps us to improve our product and service, as you have stated, we are central, a few minutes’ walk from Temple Bar, The O2 Arena, Croke Park, yet we are 30% cheaper than similar accommodation in Dublin, Gardiner Street Dublin.com offers BEST RATES in Dublin so that visitors get the best value from comparisons of over 200 Hotels and Guesthouses in Dublin.

We are central, value for money and we offer clean comfortable accommodation, we look forward to your next stay and please always BOOK DIRECT to enjoy the best offers, as you know we are right in the heart of Dublin, we offer budget accommodation and are only a few minutes’ walk from Temple Bar, Croke Park, O2 and so much more.

Please Like us on Facebook where our Free Draws offer you an opportunity to win great prizes in Dublin.

Regards, Management and Staff, the Maple Hotel, Dublin City Centre
Letterkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

The room 38 was basic, but clean with a complimentary tea and coffee in room. It is family room on back of the hotel, which i asked when i booked online. Quiet at night, which i wanted. Bathroom was bit small, but clean. The staff were friendly, the barman could not do enough for us. Breakfast was nice as well. Location is perfect. Stayed for 1 night, free WiFi on room, which my daughter enjoyed. When i left hotel, i founded that i forgot my mobile in room or in breakfast room. I did call to receptionist and tell her if they can look for my mobile and she was so kind, as she called me back during 10 minutes and assured me that they find my mobile, which i was collected later. Thank you. I will recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: If you want quit at night, ask for back room at the hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Agata M
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Room 11 - single occupancy. Recently refurbished. Clean and comfortable. I could check another room on the 2nd floor but it wasn't refurbished, so I stayed in room number 11.
There is some traffic noise during day hours, it gets quieter at night. They do have concerts at weekends but I don't know if the place is noisy then as I stayed on Sunday - Monday night. Good breakfast. Very friendly, helpful staff. I booked with the hotel web page getting the best price and a free Irish coffee.

Room Tip: Refurbished rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Good location. Do not expect an amazing hotel, it is quite plain although clean enough to spend a weekend there. Staff is ok as well. Breakys are quite good, but the best is the location near everything and calm for sleeping.

• Stayed December 2013
Manager-MT21, Public Relations Manager at Maple Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Hi Heytraveller

We always love our Spanish visitors, always great fun travellers who know how to enjoy Dublin.

Thank you for your review of The Maple Hotel, as you have stated, we are central, a few minutes’ walk from Temple Bar, The O2 Arena, Croke Park, yet we are 30% cheaper than similar accommodation in Dublin, Gardiner Street Dublin.com offers BEST RATES in Dublin so that visitors get the best value from comparisons of over 200 Hotels and Guesthouses in Dublin.

Please Like us on Facebook where our Free Draw offers you an opportunity to shop till you drop €500 spending money, Free Family Room and Free Full Irish Breakfast.

Regards, Management and Staff, the Maple Hotel, Dublin City Centre