“Great Location”

Ranked #79 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Chandler, Arizona
“Great Location”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just returned from my trip to Dublin where I stayed at Stauntons On The Green for a full week. The staff was very pleasant, welcoming, courteous and helpful with any questions I had. They made sure to have a continental breakfast set-up early on the days I had an early tour, and assisted me with airport taxi on day of departure. The hotel and my room were kept quite clean. You cannot beat the location of this hotel either. The only downside is that because it is an old Georgian house, the floors tend to creek - so you may hear people walking above you. But I didn't mind too much, that's part of the historic "charm". I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great price, location, charm and welcoming staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Finnish first
Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at Staunton's for one night. The hotel is centrally located in Dublin, within walking distance of most of downtown. Valet car parking for a very reasonable €10. Our room was clean, the bed comfortable and the bathroom well appointed. No lift so travel light. Breakfast was included in the price of our room and was good, juice, fruit cereal and the choice of a full Irish or vegetarian option. Free wifi. Would stay there again

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My friends and I stayed at the hotel from 6th June until the 8th. Warm welcome, very helpful staff. The bedroom was very nice and clean, bathroom very clean, the bed was very comfortable. The cooked breakfast was ok,, the tomatoes were supposed to be grilled but was just raw and I asked for sausage but did not receive, but the buffet breakfast was nice. The receptionist was very helpful is with needed advice, eg, directions and taxi booking. I enjoyed my stay, the only thing that spoiled my stay was the cooked breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brummiebabs1958
950sotg, Manager at Stauntons on the Green, responded to this review, 15 June 2014

Delighted that you had a great stay overall, just and sorry that some aspects of breakfast let us down a little this time. We will work to improve!

Sincerely

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have stayed at Stautons each time I have been to Dublin and have always had a pleasurable stay. This time, however, I was dismayed to find a rather large scale renovation project in progress and, more distressingly, the room next to mine was essentially a construction zone which made my room distractingly noisy during the day when I returned to rest in the afternoon.

Upon asking at the desk about the work, I was told that it was going to continue and I should let them know if it was bothering me and they would have the work stopped. I found this to be ridiculous as I could not imagine an entire work crew being pulled off the job each afternoon. More disturbing was the day I returned to my room to find the door wide open. Upon complaining about the breach in security, I was informed that they had given some random worker access to my room to facilitate the construction and that he had decided to leave the door open. "Sorry about that," was about all I got in response to my complaint.

The bottom line is that knowing a major construction job was taking place they went ahead and placed paying guests right next door. Perhaps it is time to find another place to stay in Dublin.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Panoptical
Dear Panoptical

Very sorry that the refurbishment work was allowed interupt your stay. We will learn from that and ensure we manage any future refurbishment work better.

Sincerely

The Team at Stauntons

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a great location. It is across from St. Stephen's Park and within walking distance to Trinity College, shopping and restaurants in central Dublin. The rooms were adequate but not luxurious. We changed rooms twice on check in before we got one were the TV worked. Also, no elevator is available to access the second floor which is a problem to transport luggage. The help was pleasant and helpful with directions. I would say 3 stars overall but 5 stars for location.

• Stayed April 2014
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at Staunton's last month. It was perfect, as it was on my first stay there 2 years ago. The hotel has a lovely old-world charm and the location is ideal. You can easily walk to just about anywhere: museums, shops, malls, libraries, and historic sites. St. Stephen's Green is delightful to walk thru or just sit and relax.The "Hop-on-Hop-Off" bus is around the corner and a great way for first timers to get a feel for the city. The Luas Line, a tram for venturing into the suburbs, is a block the other way, And the charming Iveagh Gardens are around another corner.
But the brightest gem of this hotel is the staff. Right from the day I called from NY to make a reservation, Anca, the receptionist, advised me of the best room to meet my needs, which turned out to be ideal for me. She has a quick,perceptive grasp of people.She was always available and cheerful for my requests and questions during my stay. She definitely "went the extra mile." She was even a great weather forecaster, calming my worries about a jaunt beyond the city centre. She guaranteed me a taxi, but advised me to wait 15 min and the heavy rain might be gone. She was right and I ventured out on another adventure, in sunshine! I will return to Staunton's.

Room Tip: I personally prefer a room on an upper floor overlooking St. Stephen's Green, which I did get. B...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank rosemary m
Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

On a positive note Arthur in Reception was very helpful.
The location is ideal. Shopping, restaurants, pubs and theatres within walking distance.
But the negatives I feel outweigh the positives
- the room in the basement was dark and rather dreary
- the breakfast was very poor...no fresh fruit salad, lukewarm food
- some of the crockery was dirty especially the milk jug
- one of the teacups was chipped

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
950sotg, Manager at Stauntons on the Green, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear ruadhan

Sorry to hear that your experience wasent the best this time, we are currently working on improving our breakfast offering further and we will certainly take your feedback on board.
Also thank you for the nice comments about the reception team!

Kind regards