Stauntons on the Green is being renovated; however, the price does not justify how much renovation is being done, has been done, nor the condition of the hotel. Hotel walls are thin, cleanliness is below standard, and breakfast leaves much to be desired. They are leaning on location for cost. Could tell that the television rooms had\ve not been vacuumed in at least two days.
We were in room 410 for two nights. Stauntons on the Green is across from St. Stephen's Green and not far from some pubs and some night life. We were charged $278 Euro for two nights; that is $187.50 US per night. Suggest travelers search for other options. If no options are available, ask for a more reasonable rate. Because our room happened to be near a smoking area outside the sun room, I asked to receive a reduced rate. Was told that because we booked through booking.com there was no way to receive a discounted rate. If we had booked directly with the hotel, they could have reduced our rate. Really? The front desk representative said people should not have smoked near the sun room and were supposed to smoke in front of the hotel; therefore, they were not in the designated smoking area and the hotel was not responsible for their decision, therefore the reason for no discount. To us it seemed an excuse for not cutting some cost. We had to put up with smoke in our room even though we were not in a smoking room. It would have been nice if the hotel had reduced our final bill by $50 US at the least. Will not recommend Stauntons on the Green to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated close to Grafton Street in the fashionable heart of Dublin City, Stauntons on the Green is the perfect place to stay, whether for business or pleasure in Ireland's Capital City. Housed in a Georgian building steeped in history, overlooking two of Dublin's most beautiful parks -St. Stephen's Green and the Iveagh Gardens - this hotel has everything you could possibly need on its doorstep. It remains a building of unique character (original build 1750) with spacious relaxing rooms and wonderful views of the parks. Well appointed rooms, all with either Park or Garden views, coupled with excellent customer care and service, are what make a stay at Stauntons on the Green a special and rewarding experience. Room facilities include Private Bathroom, TV, Direct Dial Telephone, Hairdryer, Complimentary WiFi and Tea/Coffee facilities. Breakfasts are served each day, Monday to Friday 7am-10am and Saturday Sunday 8am -10am ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Stauntons on the Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stauntons On The Green Hotel Dublin
- Stauntons On The Green Dublin
- Stauntons Green