Stauntons on the Green
US$168
US$244
US$221
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$139
Hotels.com
All reviewsiveagh gardensgreat locationgrafton streetst stephensno elevatorgeorgian buildingstephen's greennational concert hallyogurtguest housefull irish breakfastthe ground floorwould stay here againcentral dublintrinity collegefamily roomsingle bed
Reviewed 31 October 2010

The hotel is in a great location opposite the green and a minutes from the main shopping centre and attractions. However the hotel rooms in the main house are very dated. No lifts to the upper floors. - Staff friendly and buffet breakfast very good. - Stay in the new extension if you are planning to book here.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2010

The hotel is not in a good state of repair. On two occasions during my stay, water from the ceiling leaked onto the bed when the person whose room above me was taking a shower. While it was not a large leak, had I been still asleep at the time, it would have come down upon my head. When I indicated that there was a problem to the front deak the first time, I was assured it had would be fixed and then, when I returned to the hotel in the afternoon, that it had been fixed. It was not. The second time after I indicated that there was a still a problem, I was assured that this time it would be fixed. When I returned in the early evening that day they were still not finished fixing the room and I then had to wait while they did so. This time, they claimed it was definitely fixed but as I left the next day before the person above me had gotten up, I do not actually know if it ever was. It was clear that there had been issues with this before as when we checked in, there was a large (and unsightly) patch on the ceiling where it had been clearly been repaired earlier. The bathroom also had cracked tiles on the floor, etc. which clearly showed that there was no upkeep. It was also very noisy. We could not only hear the people in the hallway, but also the people in the room next to us very well. While they were fairly quiet, some soundproofing would really help this hotel. The location itself was very good and the people at the desk were certainly helpful and friendly. But I would not stay here again nor recommend anyone else do so.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights in September. The check-in experience was seamless. We had a lower floor room in the new section. Our room had a twin and double bed, with a desk, table and chair, and had a big bathroom. Service the outstanding, Wi-Fi was great, and the breakfast was wonderful. The hotel was quiet when we were there. The hotel is in an excellence location...quick walk to pubs, restaurants and shops. We would definitely stay there again next time we are in Dublin!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2010

the only thing about this hotel is the location.my room was on the very top floor, no lift.very noisy as previous reviews have stated.hoovering, people banging doors.very squeaky floors' carpet in room could have been cleaner.decided not to have a shower as only one small towel provided. if u want basic this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Great location with very good prices compared to other hotels in area

It is looking a bit tired in the rooms, but is acceptable

Staff are extremely helpful - arranging tours, making dinner reservations

This is a comment to most hotels at which we stayed -- when we are paying $200++ per night, would it bankrupt you to provide free internet?

Crerar properties in Scotland do - but anywhere from 5 to 7 euros for an hour makes me want to call the local constabulary to report a daylight robbery

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple