“So comfortable, we felt like we were at home.”

Stauntons on the Green
Ranked #68 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 19 November 2010

We booked the morning of our stay, and received the large room on the second floor in the front for just my wife and I. We found the room to be very nice, extremely comfortable, and clean. The staff was extremely pleasant. The price is unmatched for its location. Breakfast was good. The only negative was that the shower controls were reversed (funny for me, but not my wife who was first in the shower). There was some slight traffic noise from the street, but it didn't seem to affect us at all, we slept extremely well.
My wife and I try not to stay anywhere more than once, so as to experience as much as possible. However, without a doubt we will be repeat business here.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 November 2010

We had a lovely five-day stay at Stauntons. We had a charming room in the back with a beautiful view of the gardens. The location was perfect.....close to everything, and we started each morning with a walk across gorgeous St. Stephen's Green. Everyone on the staff was warm and helpful...from carrying our bags up several flights of stairs after an early morning arrival to finding us an early Sunday morning airport cab within minutes. We simply could not have had a better experience, and I only hope that we can return soon.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PH22302
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Staying for a week at Stauntons on the Green, we were given a nice large room in the historical part of the building, which we enjoyed, especially the ability to sit down in comfort for two people. You have to be aware though that this is indeed a historical building, so floors are somewhat uneven, there is no elevator and the room door does not close as tight as a modern door - we were not disturbed by this.

A hiccup with special breakfast requests on the first day were resolved to our full satisfaction by management. Globally (like often in Ireland), the breakfast choices could be a bit wider, but we were pleased enough. Service at the reception was very friendly, despite sometimes being flooded with different requests.

The location of the hotel is great - close enough to all important sights but just off the main tourist activity. At least for our room to the back, we had no problems at all with noise.

We took full advantage of the special offers for an extended stay and enjoyed a nice dinner at Bewleys Cafe as well as a great tour of the Book of Kells with Cathy.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank EpicurPK
Reviewed 9 November 2010

This hotel was brilliant for our purposes, had a triple room in the main building on the first floor, it was huge and we all had a comfy bed to ourselves. Yes, the decor is tired but the friendly staff, brilliant location and amazing breakfast more than makes up for it. It was outstanding value for money and we really enjoyed our stay. The only downside is you can hear people going up and down the stairs.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank mum4boys
Reviewed 31 October 2010

The hotel is in a great location opposite the green and a minutes from the main shopping centre and attractions. However the hotel rooms in the main house are very dated. No lifts to the upper floors. - Staff friendly and buffet breakfast very good. - Stay in the new extension if you are planning to book here.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2010

The hotel is not in a good state of repair. On two occasions during my stay, water from the ceiling leaked onto the bed when the person whose room above me was taking a shower. While it was not a large leak, had I been still asleep at the time, it would have come down upon my head. When I indicated that there was a problem to the front deak the first time, I was assured it had would be fixed and then, when I returned to the hotel in the afternoon, that it had been fixed. It was not. The second time after I indicated that there was a still a problem, I was assured that this time it would be fixed. When I returned in the early evening that day they were still not finished fixing the room and I then had to wait while they did so. This time, they claimed it was definitely fixed but as I left the next day before the person above me had gotten up, I do not actually know if it ever was. It was clear that there had been issues with this before as when we checked in, there was a large (and unsightly) patch on the ceiling where it had been clearly been repaired earlier. The bathroom also had cracked tiles on the floor, etc. which clearly showed that there was no upkeep. It was also very noisy. We could not only hear the people in the hallway, but also the people in the room next to us very well. While they were fairly quiet, some soundproofing would really help this hotel. The location itself was very good and the people at the desk were certainly helpful and friendly. But I would not stay here again nor recommend anyone else do so.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights in September. The check-in experience was seamless. We had a lower floor room in the new section. Our room had a twin and double bed, with a desk, table and chair, and had a big bathroom. Service the outstanding, Wi-Fi was great, and the breakfast was wonderful. The hotel was quiet when we were there. The hotel is in an excellence location...quick walk to pubs, restaurants and shops. We would definitely stay there again next time we are in Dublin!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends