“right smack in the middle of the city centre! can accomodate four per room”
Review of Wynn's Hotel

Wynn's Hotel
Ranked #35 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 14 May 2013

LOVE! The staff is super nice and helpful.

We stayed with Wynn's sporadically throughout our 9 day trip. While we traveled to other cities, they had no issue with storing and retrieving our ginormous suitcases several times.

Rooms - the hotel itself is more old-fashioned looking. Rooms are not modern but we chose this hotel because there were four of us, we all wanted to be in the same room and apparently four-person rooms are hard to come by in Dublin. But I'm glad we stumbled upon this one. Oh and since we stayed for St. Paddy's day, there were real shamrocks in the room when we checked in! Wish I could have brought them home.

Food - We had breakfast here everyday, which is included in the price of your room. They have hot breakfast items (such as a full Irish breakfast, eggs benedict, etc.) but it wasn't anything fantastic. They also have a help yourself continental breakfast which was fruits, yogurts, cereals and scones.

Location - Right in the city centre. It's less than a ten minute walk to Temple Bar. You can catch the train right out in front. It's a block away from the GPO. The only scary thing - there's an ATM right outside the hotel and on our last night, we saw someone getting mugged! But other than that incident, I did feel pretty safe. I guess :x

If I ever come back to Dublin, I would definitely stay here.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Melanie T
There are newer reviews for Wynn's Hotel

Reviewed 11 May 2013

This is perhaps the most underrated hotel in Dublin. I have been doing to the Wynn's for two years now. it is my favourite hotel in Dublin. Walking distance from train/bus stTion and very close to Airbus coach from/to airport. Ideally located for sight seeing and, in my case, from Trinity Vollege University. What's more you have the Luas at the door. it is an old style hotel and offers the best breakfast (and best baked in the premises scones!) in Dublin. The reception staff is among the best I have ever encountered anywhere in the world. Stay there once, and at your next stay they will great you by name and ask things are. I recently stayed at hotel just before an important oral exam and they took such good care of me (not to mention the words of encouragement). I have only used the single rooms but I absolutely love 'my' room on the 5th floor. there is a popular yet quiet bar on ground floor. The only drawback is that there are a few steps to get into hotel; no wheelchir ramp or button that would open doors automatically. hopefully this will be addressed in the ner future. the staff is quick to respond to e-mail inquiries as well. BREAKFAST is included and they take personalised service very seriously!

Room Tip: If you have special requirements DO sent the hotel an e-mail or call them ahead of your arrival.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Travel52_11
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stayed for five nights during our holiday in Dublin and found our stay at Wynn's pleasant.

The location cannot be better. Close to O'Connell street lower, easy access and walking distance to major Dublins sights, shopping streets, bus stops and train stations, etc. Airlink 747 from airport has a stop (I think is no.8) on O'Connell lower, just 2 min away from the hotel.

It is an old and stylish hotel with about a century history. Everything inside the hotel reminds you of its old and elegant feature. Lift is small and extremely slow. Walking up and downstairs if no luggage is far easier. The room is not big, but clean and comfortable. Cold and hot water taps are separated in the wash basin in toilet, which I found common in old European buildings but very unacceptable. Shower is okay but not great.

Some may think Rooms facing the Abbey street are a bit noisy during the night due to the road traffic, but I found it not a problem to sleep.

Breakfast is sufficient and is in a nice decorated dinning room. There's a small pub on the ground floor as well. Most visitors to the pub are quite old thogh.

The staff is friendly. (Some were too friendly???) Easy check-in and out.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank karensunqing
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Stayed here with husband and 2 friends for 3 nights last week. Firstly parking situation not clear. Luckily we phoned on our way from ferry and were able to secure last 2 parking places. Not made clear though that cars are parked some distance away so make sure you can unpack your car fairly quickly and you don't have easy access to it during stay. It is brought round if you request it. No charge though - good for city centre. Lovely welcome. Room on 5th floor quite dated. Tiny wardrobe with an ironing board taking up all the hanging space. Plastic glasses but so far OK. Our room 525 was a bit dodgy from the start. Shower had little power and hot water spluttered a lot before coming through. We should have been grateful because on the second morning the hot water stopped completely!! We reported it and went out without showers. Came back late afternoon and told that housekeeper had 'twiddled something' and it was fine. It wasn't but short of time so went to theatre without shower. Still nothing when we got back but late so reported again the following morning. Told someone would be right up. Had to phone 3 times to get someone there. Housekeeper arrived with robes to take us to another room for showers. Already late and holding up friends so my husband didn't bother but I did. Taken to one of the executive rooms. Shower there functioning but still not much pressure. Did the job however. Room itself had peeling paint and was very tatty. Housekeeper said that they knew plumbing was a problem in our room so after breakfast-a late one-I talked to Duty manager. On being asked why they used the room he said the fault was 'intermittent' and agreed that it should not have been used. He also said that we should not have been told that the fault had been fixed. No compensation was offered although he agreed that they were at fault. Instead he asked me what I wanted him to do. I said I would pay half the bill because we had a bed but no washing facilities and he agreed that was reasonable. However when we checked out he had only removed one night from the bill not 1.5 as agreed. The receptionist had then to track him down again causing more delay for ourselves and other guests waiting to check out. The whole situation was a fiasco. The Duty Manager agreed that it was very bad PR and our visit to Dublin was ruined since I have an illness which causes me to get very hot and I was uncomfortable for much of the time. Also on the second day the bed was not made properly. Bottom sheet untouched and I had to remake it myself and dirty water glasses were left sitting on the chest.
On the plus side the hotel obviously has a lot of history. The service in the bar and restaurant were very good and the breakfasts were excellent.
However we would certainly not consider staying here again or recommending it in spite of the good location. Because the problem was known to the staff we should have been offered another room as soon as the hot water stopped. Instead we were told blatant lies. Hardly the way to get repeat custom. We both felt that we were treated badly and problem, which should never have occurred was badly handled.

Room Tip: Check your plumbing before unpacking.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank scottishtraveller44
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We visited Dublin for a 5 night stay and choose Wynns Hotel because of the good ratings given at several hotel portals.
Location: The location is ideal - it cannot be better !
30 min from by Taxi the airport in the middle of the center of Dublin. (approx. 20 Euro)
5min walk to the central busstation Busaras , where the airport bus would stop and 10 min to the Connolly Station Dublin.
Just opposite of the hotel entrance is the Luas tram station and a Hopon/Hopoff bus stop.
20 sec walk to O'Connell street
5 min walk and just across the river is Temple Bar,Trinity college and Crafton street.
=> You stay here exactly inside the city center, but just off the crowds and the accompanying noise.
Room (Standard double): We asked on our reservation for a silent room and so we got one. It was on the fifth floor with the window facing the backyard. We heard no noise from the street.
The room itself was very small for 2 persons/ perfect as a single room.The bed was a little to small for two adults to sleep confortable, but ok after some arrangements.Two windows, which could stay open during the night w/o disturbance.
There is a toilet, wash basin, hairdryer, towel heater and shower in the wetroom. Safe,TV, coffee/teamaking facility and free WIFI is available, even though the WIFI worked only in one corner of the room successfully.
Restaurant: We used it just for breakfast and it was very good. There you have a buffet for muesli, fruits, cerreals, cakes, bread, croissants and several juices.Toast, butter and jam are served automatically, while the hot breakfast parts can be ordered from a menu card.Full irish breakfast is also available. Tea and coffee of course, whereas the coffee is filter coffee and depending on the time ,you come to eat breakfast, it might not taste anymore like real strong coffee. A seperate coffee machine would be good here to provide freshly brewed stuff.
Staff: Nice, Experienced, incredible friendly and efficient .
Hotel itself: Has a restaurant and a bar, which we did not visit.
The whole Hotel looks like fresh refurbished, but kept the old character.
.....and so is also the lift a little bit slow :-)
Conclusion:
If i come to Dublin again, i will for sure stay again here in this lovely place !

Room Tip: Higher floor and backyard is better. Ask for a silent room and it worked for us during the reservati...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TDI_DIDI
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Unfortunately the room was facing onto the street so I was awake most of the night with noise from the streets. When I did eventually fall asleep the fire alarm went off at about 2am but there was no fire. However the hotel was very handy for shops etc. I would stay again but definitely request a room in the back of the hotel. Breakfast was good and staff were very nice.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Lovely boutique hotel, great service and fab location. In particular I was blown away by the level of attentiveness of the staff in the restaurant for breakfast. Would recommend this hotel to friends and family in a heartbeat. Thanks Wynns for a memorable stay. See you next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends