We stayed here in Mid-August with a family of four in the Quad room. The room wasn’t large but it did sleep all of us just fine. We had one queen and two twin beds. Having an air conditioner was nice as was the heated towel rack. The key was a regular brass type (remember those?).
The hotel is well located for both the Airlink 747 airport bus and the Ireland rail service along the coast. It's about 4 blocks to either. The Luus Red line tram in front of the hotel is a commuter line that runs out to the suburbs. Taxis are everywhere as is just about any kind of food you want.
Some other tips:
1. Ask for a room off the street if you want quietness. The windows thin and there is a pub right across the street. Groups of young guys just love to sing at the top of their lungs after a few Guinness’. Fun to watch but, I wouldn’t want to try and sleep through it.
2. The room had a great rain type shower. Plenty of hot water. The hair dryer is pretty weak though.
3. The bar serves up draught Guinness (and has a nice looking buffet). Skip all other beers. You won't get Guinness like this again until you come back!
4. There’s an ATM just outside the hotel. It took a USA magnetic swipe type, (non-chip and pin) credit card just fine. A+ for my credit card for not having a cash fee for Europe.
5. Walking time from the hotel to Grafton Street is about 10 mins at best.
6. The hop-on-hop-off green bus leaves from the corner.
7. If you’re leaving early, tell the front desk and they’ll open the kitchen up early for you.
8. Tell the porter when you want a taxi. He had one waiting for us when we came downstairs at 6AM. Taxi time to the airport is about 15 mins on a Sunday morning.
Great service from everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Dublin City since 1845, Wynn's Hotel is only a few minutes walk to the Abbey Theatre, Trinity College, Temple Bar and Dublin's two premier shopping streets. Recently renovated the hotel offers a full range of services for business and Leisure travellers. Our location is one of the most central in Dublin and with excellant Dining, Bar and Conference facilities we can meet all our guests requirements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Wynn's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wynns Hotel Dublin
- The Wynn Hotel